CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Of course I've played it. That doesn't mean I want to do it again.

Timberland is the smallest BTB map in CE and it still takes an eternity to get into position to support your teammates who went up ahead of you in a hog, most of whom you can't even see because of the hills or base cover which effectively nullifies what BigShow was talking about. And we're just talking about objective here, playing slayer gametypes on these maps 4v4 is awful.

Of course you don't need to "cover more positions", you're playing against an equal squad, all you need to do is find a route and pick up your guy. The point was that 4v4 on big maps means a lot of walking/driving around instead of a lot of combat.

Danger Canyon is just a bad map altogether because if you spawn on bottom you're basically fucked for a good minute or so JUST trying to get to a relevant position. Half the map isn't even used.

Again, maybe if there were more teleporters or something. The best thing about Blood Gulch is that you can instantly move halfway across the map, and that along with easy access to power items is why it is the best BTB map Halo has ever seen.

The sense I'm getting is that people in this thread don't even care if 4v4 obj is competitive on these huge maps, it's just fun to them. Which is fine, but it's definitely not balanced.

I know you know what I meant.

Well yeah, it's really easy to down a Warthog when you've got two completely unmolested opponents just standing there lining their sights up on you. You're not supposed to be able to run the flag from their base if you're the only person alive, that's why objective has 10 second respawns. And again, we're talking Blood Gulch here, with much easier ability to move across the map AND direct, wide-open spaces to use the pistol.

Dude give it a rest. People have differing opinions on what is fun in CE. You're clearly in the minority here on what game types CE players enjoy. Yes, 2v2 slayer is the most competitive, and everyone agrees on that. But there is A LOT more fun to be had in CE and I'm sorry if you don't feel that way.

Chill Out Ball is not a train wreck. Neither is Derelict King. What would make you say that?

Sixteen grenades raining down on you in pink room says Chilly ball is a chaotic mess.

Dere slayer works for 4v4 because you don't really have to be in any particular spot to attack the enemy team. When you have to kill them from bottom and THEN get on top and into position to try to capitalize by the time they respawn, it's awful. But I have always thought Dere was an imbalanced map to begin with, and I also hate Construct KOTH with a passion so you can see that I don't particularly care for KOTH games where you HAVE to get to the top level in very vulnerable ways.

You're clearly in the minority here on what game types CE players enjoy.

Clearly that means I should just stop giving my opinion because it's just so offensive.

Voting should be H2/H2A - H3 - H4, in that order and a mix of AR/BR/Obj options

Edit
But then I guess it pretty much makes it a H2 playlist because H2 will always win the veto option

Question for anyone: Is there a single Battle Rifle gametype for Halo 3 in matchmaking?

I hate to say it but I don't know how anyone can play this game for more than 30 minutes and remain excited about H5.

Some days half my games won't start. A lot of times I spawn in 10s or so after the rest of the games players. 3/4 of the game types outside of CE are trash. No ranks STILL. No quit/betrayal penalties. Abysmal population. Spawns in many game types still awful. H3 still on version 1 with aiming and sound issues.

Doesn't exactly make me want to buy the next game 343.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So wheres this April update??? Please God tell me it just wasn't adding Team Doubles....

Question for anyone: Is there a single Battle Rifle gametype for Halo 3 in matchmaking?

Just slayer as far as I've seen. Objective games are all default settings from 07, which are AR starts  :wutface:

Just slayer as far as I've seen. Objective games are all default settings from 07, which are AR starts  :wutface:

I played some BTB H3 and those were BR starts. Idk if all of the H3 gametypes in BTB are BR starts, but I know some of them are.

I played some BTB H3 and those were BR starts. Idk if all of the H3 gametypes in BTB are BR starts, but I know some of them are.

BTB has always been BR starts from what I've known. But in the H3 playlist everything is a disaster 

Does team chat work in MM if you aren't in a party?

I don't think I've ever had a teammate with a mic in. Or am I missing some setting?

I don't know if anybody knows this already but an extremely credible source revealed to me that MCC was put together by a 3rd party company and also admitted they knew about the bugs before release. I'm not doing any exposing, but this pretty much explains everything.

Wow.. That explains a lot.

BTB has always been BR starts from what I've known. But in the H3 playlist everything is a disaster 

ty

I miss proximity chat. Talking shit on someone you just mangled was fun.

I miss chat period. I know there's a work around for it but when you're the only one who knows about it in every game it's pointless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everything issue is mute without ranks.

Yeah, lets never fix Halo 3's forge issues so we can never play custom games again because ranks aren't in.

There is AR starts in BTB I've noticed that all the assault/Koth gametypes for H3 are AR starts also I don't know why they gave us only 1 grenade off spawn for H2C. 

I miss chat period. I know there's a work around for it but when you're the only one who knows about it in every game it's pointless.

what work around (other than skype n party chat)? my mix just stops working while searching...weird shit

Ranks when some of the games themselves are severely broken doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I would hope they're not planning to roll them out without fixing the games first.

Ranks when some of the games themselves are severely broken doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I would hope they're not planning to roll them out without fixing the games first.

Eh, I disagree - they're playable enough now that the disparity between opponents in every game leads to a worse experience than most of the bugs that still remain.

The game becomes extremely boring after destroying some people and everyone quitting leaving just one guy against 4, ranks should be the priority.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the h1 playlist really needs ranks....i'm not one of those guys that enjoy rapin noobs every game...it's extremely boring...