CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

As of now I'm sorta meh on h5 but if the beta is decent I'll be looking forward to it. Like imperium said i at least liked playing some of the new halos since we got to learn new things, strats, etc

But I'll generally play h1 more probably. Gonna be weird having to juggle 3 or so games competitively

I'll be playing League, Halo and Counterstrike. Somewhere in between I'd like to get better at KI. My brother torches me in that game and it irks me.

halo 2 was pretty bad out of the box. halo3 was/is better than halo2 pre-patch.

halo 2 only became better than h3 because of an accident in one of the patches.

halo 5 is a needed thing to keep halo on the map.

We have had some pretty nice lans the past few days, mainly h1, but we played H2 post patch yesterday. I forgot how bad the gameplay was. I remember watching my teammate walk up behind a guy standing still sniping. He walk directly up to the back of him and melee'd 3 times, the first 2 did absolutely nothing, just the lunge and animation, the 3rd one killed him. It was crazy to see that though because I forgot how buggy the gameplay felt back in the day. I also forgot about how awful the grenades were. The distance you can throw them is ridiculously short, and anytime someone comes close to you the stickies are almost guaranteed to hit them. After playing CE it was like going from golf to ski ball.

I completely understand why the pro's hated it so much.

It was still a nice change of pace for a few games after a solid 12 hours of h1 in 2 days.

Edit: Sniping was hella fun though, was hitting shots that I would have never been able to hit in CE. Makes you feel like a god. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it said already for MCC that customs will have dedicated servers yet or do we not know yet?

I'll be playing League, Halo and Counterstrike. Somewhere in between I'd like to get better at KI. My brother torches me in that game and it irks me.

I got SF4, halo, Guilty Gear and probably KI

I know the feel, just have to study what he does right/wrong and see what positions are good/bad for you

Is it said already for MCC that customs will have dedicated servers yet or do we not know yet?

I got SF4, halo, Guilty Gear and probably KI

I know the feel, just have to study what he does right/wrong and see what positions are good/bad for you

I know what he does, it's just my character sucks and he knows my tendencies. I need to pick a season 2 character and run with it. He's like a level 15 Orchid I'm a level 9 Glacius lol. But yeah halo CE is going to pretty much kill my KI time lol. I really want to learn the game better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know what he does, it's just my character sucks and he knows my tendencies. I need to pick a season 2 character and run with it. He's like a level 15 Orchid I'm a level 9 Glacius lol. But yeah halo CE is going to pretty much kill my KI time lol. I really want to learn the game better.

Hmm, yes, I know some of these words.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are using MCC as plan A and B.

Plan A. Lots of people will be play MCC so they will be hyped for H5 and buy

Plan B. If people think H5 is shit they'll still play halo because of MCC

They win either way

It works for me

My first year will be playing H1 h2 and h3. If h5 lacks population or forge is bad then...

Year 2 I play H1

Year 3 I play h2

Year 4 I play h3

Then buy h6 and if that isn't any good...

Year 5 I play h1

Year 6 I play h2

Year 7 I play h3

With dedicated servers the game won't get trashed by the Mexicans.

The next five plus years are looking good. MCC & XB1 will be the best investment in gaming to date.

The thing that gets me the most about IG is their spelling... it's variant goddammit. How hard is it to use spellcheck for something official like that? 

This will definitely help them. They just need to not suck. Easy, right?  :maven:

I'm not too sure you what know selfish means.

Me: WE need a spectator mode for tournaments so It can help Halo grow and get back into the competitive gaming scene

You: Fuck Spectator mode I get to play my favourite Halos again

Lol do you not see it?

I unno if you've been gone for awhile, but the lack of spectator mode has been a major issue for us

And just to make it clear. I wasn't expecting a spectator mode for H2A anyways, but that doesn't change the fact that we still need a spectator mode to help us get bigger in the "eSports" scene.

I'm excited to play H2 on X1, but i still care about our Halo community. And in no way am I saying Halo is gonna fail, but again the lack of a spectator mode is a major issue for us.

And the last thing I want to do is depend on H5 lol

Having a solid balanced game that the majority enjoy playing is more important for esports than spectator mode will ever be. Without a good game spectator mode means nothing

from what I know about KI, Glacius is just difficult to play, not necessarily bad.  he's best in certain matchups, not in others.  but with Orchid you'd have a tough time, yeah.

EDIT: also, spectator mode would undoubtedly be a headache to put into games that were not ever intended to support it, let alone the ones that never had any free moving or non-player-locked camera system to begin with. (h1 and 2)  from the way they answered the question it sounds like H5 is being built with it in mind, so that's good.

Honestly, if you really want to know what killed competitive Halo, it was the developers trying to "spice things up" every title instead of just doing what honestly should of been common sense.  If the game is still fun, don't fix it.  The community is divided specifically because each game played differently from the previous one.  No matter what, whichever game you started with is most likely going to be your favorite anyways.  Bungie should of just had H2 a graphic update of H1 with XBL. There wouldn't of been a community divide to start with if we had the same game.  

The community is divided because of the developers wanting more cash by making the games easier over time.  That's the bottom line.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There is absolutely no way Halo 5 will be a good competitive shooter. What we need is a competitive shooter out of the box, like halo 1 and 2, with minimal settings needing to be changed to make it competitive. Think of any fighting game, or League of legends, all of them are hyper competitive with zero settings being manipulated. Regardless of what 343 says, they only care about selling the most copies possible, not by having a few try hards clinging to their multiplayer 5 years from now. They will do that by having an over the top campaign, just like call of duty.

The only way I will believe that 343 is ever going to make a good shooter again is if they release a multiplayer game only, with no campaign. Think, Halo:arena, and it is only focused on small maps made for competition. This beta they are releasing is going to hurt the competitive community more than not releasing one, because they will always get more feedback from kids who thought halo 3, reach, and 4 were good. Seriously, just imagine if they had a beta for halo 1. All of these bungie.net kids would be complaining about the pistol being OP, or that people control the rockets and spawns too much. 

Personally, I just hope it sells well (which it will) and has a kick ass campaign. It boggles my mind that you guys have the 2 best console shooters coming out in 5 months and instead of enjoying these games, you are focusing on a game that will (I GUARANTEE) suck ass.

There is truth to this post.  Just look how sad the development for the new UT is like.  It's extremely obvious that no company big or small is willing to really invest into an arena shooter.  Because they know it's most likely going to be financial suicide.  Seriously, the community has to help fund for the development of the new UT by "renting" the unreal engine 4.  That's sad and I could honestly see 343 trying to do something similar.  "You want competitive Halo?  Pay a subscription fee".

• Upvote (+1) 1

What competitive Halo are you talking about? There hasn't been a competitively viable Halo game since Halo CE, and Halo games haven't been played in a major competitive league for almost 5 years. How can competitive Halo get any worse than it is already?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Having a solid balanced game that the majority enjoy playing is more important for esports than spectator mode will ever be. Without a good game spectator mode means nothing

Yeah, obviously competitive > spectator mode

But in the end MLG themselves have said that the lack of spectator mode makes it more expensive and harder to set up for tournaments.

Do you think I'm trashing H2? Cause I'm not. I'm just saying a spectator mode is still something that we lack and is an issue.

from what I know about KI, Glacius is just difficult to play, not necessarily bad. he's best in certain matchups, not in others. but with Orchid you'd have a tough time, yeah.

EDIT: also, spectator mode would undoubtedly be a headache to put into games that were not ever intended to support it, let alone the ones that never had any free moving or non-player-locked camera system to begin with. (h1 and 2) from the way they answered the question it sounds like H5 is being built with it in mind, so that's good.

lol where the KI talk come from? SabreWulf > edit: nvm I see

Nooooooo it's not about whether a spectator mode works or If they should squeeze it in.

MCC will not have a spectator mode, there's no denying that. But regardless of what game will have it or not it's still something that would help out tournaments. That was one of MLGs complaints about Halo.

I'm just saying, regardless of what Halo game, we need a spectator mode. Or am I wrong and we don't need one?

lol where the KI talk come from? SabreWulf > edit: nvm I see

Nooooooo it's not about whether a spectator mode works or If they should squeeze it in.

MCC will not have a spectator mode, there's no denying that. But regardless of what game will have it or not it's still something that would help out tournaments. That was one of MLGs complaints about Halo.

oh definitely.  that's why I'm glad it seems like Halo 5 will have it.  TMCC won't be as attractive for e-sports without it, but it only has to hold attention for a year before 5 comes out, and then it might be able to exist alongside it, with the lack of spectator modes forgiven since it's not the main attraction.  this is assuming h5 catches on w/ competitive folks, of course.

from what I know about KI, Glacius is just difficult to play, not necessarily bad.  he's best in certain matchups, not in others.  but with Orchid you'd have a tough time, yeah.

EDIT: also, spectator mode would undoubtedly be a headache to put into games that were not ever intended to support it, let alone the ones that never had any free moving or non-player-locked camera system to begin with. (h1 and 2)  from the way they answered the question it sounds like H5 is being built with it in mind, so that's good.

I mean I've played a lot of Glacius, but his ranged unblockable is just far, far too punishable, to the point I just don't even use it. Every time I miss it, I'm getting combo'd. Every time I hit it I'm so surprised I drop MY combo lol. And honestly, without that tool, he starts to fall apart against better players. I abuse people with Glacius' jump kicks and zoning techniques, but if you block me well enough, and corner me, I'm done. My brother knows when I jump he needs to block. He also knows exactly what auto doubles I use when I land certain moves and he abuses that. I just need to do more counter breakers and get better at mixing up my autos, but I just don't play the game enough to make a dent in my habits. That's why I need to start over. I kinda quit the game for a while at a time every time I face a good spinal. Teleporting behind my zoning...his slide cancels my main up close combo starter...stealing my OP instinct meter... he just fucks Glacius so hard it gets me pissed.

Anyways, back on topic, does anyone agree that possibly the best thing about Halo 4 was being able to throw the oddball like a quarterback? In the first week of the game, nobody knew what to do when you threw them the oddball in the beginning of a battle, and if you hit your throw it was like a guaranteed kill lol. Between screwing with people's heads, passing the ball to teammates, throwing the ball off map, and all that, oddball was a freaking great gametype in Halo 4. I would love for them to keep that mechanic alive for future Halo games.