CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Seems like there would be better choices of games than Halo if your goal is to not think.  Actually, gaming as a whole is a poor choice for an activity when you don't want to think.  I recommend Netflix.  Don't you think it's more likely that the "I wasn't trying" line is an excuse for losing made by insecure, immature adolescents?

Its one thing if you actually are not trying very hard.  What bothers me is when kids use it as an excuse for losing, which I feel is it's most common context.  It's stupid.  For one, they probably were trying, and are lying now.  But even if they weren't, its still a bullshit excuse.  If losing bothers you enough that you need to make an excuse for it ("I wasn't trying") and can't just say GG and admit they were better, then might I suggest fucking trying?!  You might actually win more and develop your shitty personality.  All I'm saying is that if you lose, saying that you weren't trying does nothing to save face for you, because it likely isn't true, and even if it is, it's your own stupid fault for doing it.  Sack up and take the loss with some dignity.

I try every game. I win every game. I've heard every excuse under the sun. But the trying thing is valid. Some people are too tired to play/can't be fucked.

CE is a joke with the power up bugs etc. Still waiting to see what actual CE would play like.

What?

@@Beryl AU

Scoop.

Haha I live like 5 mins from Hanging Rock.  That must be why I was able to wreck kids all day on MCC.  That or the lack of ranks.  Or I'm just MLG.

I pick up overshield/camo and 3 seconds later it's up again.

That's an intended feature.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Uhh that's what happens when you picked it up at 57 seconds and it spawns every minute...

How about a consistent naming convention for gametypes?

team + objective_type + starting_weapon

=

Team Slayer BRs

Team KOTH ARs

Team Oddball BRs

You don't need to call the gametype "doubles" when it's in the doubles playlist. We aren't voting for player count. The gametype name should only consist of things relevant to voting.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Enter doubles with a friend. No options with BRs. Vote Team Slayer on Ivory Tower. Lose opening skirmish. Other team has OS, Rockets, Snipe & Sword. Spawn with SMGs and get destroyed repeatedly. Quit halfway through game.

Fun.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So guys how did that 5 months of testing work out for team doubles?

I try every game. I win every game. I've heard every excuse under the sun. But the trying thing is valid. Some people are too tired to play/can't be fucked.

That's fine.  I don't try my absolute hardest every game either.  What I do not do, is use that as an excuse after I lose to try to save face or diminish the other player's win.  And I see kids, usually teenagers or early 20's (it started with the H3 generation) do it all the time.  It's pathetic, and I don't think it gets shamed enough in our community.  Too much immaturity.  Not enough accountability or class.

Bahahahahaha

Edit: Ok, I can't let you go the rest of your life thinking that static timers are a "powerup bug".  The game starts, and everything is up.  Players grab stuff.  Everything will respawn at a fixed (ie: static) time, regardless of when they are grabbed.  For example, if you grab OS 57 seconds into a Chill Out game, a new OS will spawn in 3 seconds, because OS spawns every minute on Chill Out.  That's why people play CE with timers.

Try this;  before you play CE next time, grab your tablet/phone, and download the "Halo 1 Timer" app from the app store.  It's free.  Use it the next time you play CE and watch your fun level skyrocket.

Just out of curiosity, did you think the Reach v7 sniper/rockets were bugged too?

AR and SMG starts are horrible in doubles. Actually they are horrible in general. Why can't we just spawn with both a BR and an AR/SMG? 

AR and SMG starts are horrible in doubles. Actually they are horrible in general. Why can't we just spawn with both a BR and an AR/SMG? 

some men just want to watch the world burn....while drinking your tears

Can anyone help me region hop?
Literally am stuck playing halo 3 every time in the team slayer playlist which is so boring.
I'm from Aus.
Would love to play some CE or h2 classic.

Except for the fact that when playing in matchmaking, you don't always get a server (50% of the time) and whoever has the best connection doesn't always pull host. 

Most of the time the best connection pulls host. 

I see your point but it's just not fair to the thousands of players outside NA who paid more for the game to not be able to play because the region is now locked to local only. If only it wasn't released so broken maybe AU would have a stable population for a while... :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

So guys how did that 5 months of testing work out for team doubles?

So far so good for me :D

Just needs dem ranks. Then the ranks need dem skill/party restrictions 

Uhh that's what happens when you picked it up at 57 seconds and it spawns every minute...

Bahahahahaha

Edit: Ok, I can't let you go the rest of your life thinking that static timers are a "powerup bug".  The game starts, and everything is up.  Players grab stuff.  Everything will respawn at a fixed (ie: static) time, regardless of when they are grabbed.  For example, if you grab OS 57 seconds into a Chill Out game, a new OS will spawn in 3 seconds, because OS spawns every minute on Chill Out.  That's why people play CE with timers.

Try this;  before you play CE next time, grab your tablet/phone, and download the "Halo 1 Timer" app from the app store.  It's free.  Use it the next time you play CE and watch your fun level skyrocket.

Just out of curiosity, did you think the Reach v7 sniper/rockets were bugged too?

mjl.gif

denzel-face-palm-o.gif

c'mon son...

Alright come on now guys not everyone played CE lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

So what's the haps with Doubles Playlist? Is it Halo 4 as far as the eye can see? Because that's what I can see happening.