CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Something tells me Reach is grossing a higher average population compared to MCC these days. People should be jumping on reach. Dubs and MLG is fun as fuck.

And I carried you through all of them.

I have no motivation to try on MCC m8. If I did I might actually consider learning CE.

I have no motivation to try on MCC m8. If I did I might actually consider learning CE.

Don't even breh.

You sweat 24/7 and I still need 38 kills to carry you

Don't even breh.

You sweat 24/7 and I still need 38 kills to carry you

I'd say I'm washed at CE but I never played it in the first place so I can't even say that lmao.

Have the in-game icons for h2c been fix yet or do we still only see colored targets?

Something tells me Reach is grossing a higher average population compared to MCC these days. People should be jumping on reach. Dubs and MLG is fun as fuck.

30fps tho

I've never understood this "playing without trying" phenomenon.  Why play if you're not going to try?  It sounds like a bullshit excuse to me.  Like a defense mechanism for people with fragile egos.  Kinda sad that people have to say "they weren't trying" when they lose at a video game.  Really?  Were both of your hands on your controller?  Were your eyes open?  Ok, then you were probably trying.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I've never understood this "playing without trying" phenomenon.  Why play if you're not going to try?  It sounds like a bullshit excuse to me.  Like a defense mechanism for people with fragile egos.  Kinda sad that people have to say "they weren't trying" when they lose at a video game.  Really?  Were both of your hands on your controller?  Were your eyes open?  Ok, then you were probably trying.

you on?

don't mind the title, just watch the first 17mins. start it back at 24mins. 

Yes, there were more people playing H4 5+months out than there was with MCC.  Ranks wont save it just like CSR. Fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It isn't a phenomenon. No ranks against guests is not going to make me wish to exert enough energy and focus comparable to that of a tournament. I'm sorry I understand where you are coming from with the ego thing. people do it all the time, but there are people who simply do not try and just fuck around because there is nothing at stake. MCC is a social game. No win/loss, no ranks, K/D, nothing. Why would I waste my energy on something I don't get anything out of? No one is going to applaud my skill in the game, there isn't any prestige or glory gained from winning in a dead, broken game against the world's biggest potatoes. There is zero reason to try.

I've been dealing with an increasing amount of warriors lately with 3+ K/D ratios (I wonder how that happened) who eat my shots for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I got absolutely embarrassed the other day and lost something like 50-15. Matched the same people the next game and won by the exact same score. Really makes you wonder. I can't take this game seriously anymore. Every time I win I can't help but think what the other team had to deal with connection wise and every time I lose it is infuriating because people are literally invincible. Yet for some reason I still keep playing.

I have played less than 40 matches on the game. Tell me more.

You're putting $100+ in a controller just to quad shot the same Aussies over and over again in a game with a struggling population and without ranks

inb4 lol taking me seriously

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's only two ways the population will come back in MCC

1. A free map pack with maps that people actually care about

2. The game is free on Games With Gold or on a really good deal

You're putting $100+ in a controller just to quad shot the same Aussies over and over again in a game with a struggling population and without ranks

inb4 lol taking me seriously

inb4 lol taking me seriously...oh wait you did take me seriously! lmao I don't even play MCC. I literally only play play Forza on Xbox One, do you really think I'm that stupid that I'd buy a modded controller for a dead, broken game?

Even if I did get one I'd sure have some kicks making angry virgins mad at being cheated in a broken dead game. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

There should be a search local option like halo 3 had which worked.

Plus it wouldn't really be any disadvantage for you if you're playing on US servers and we're playing US servers you're not the one who's going to lag...

This.

Except for the fact that when playing in matchmaking, you don't always get a server (50% of the time) and whoever has the best connection doesn't always pull host. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is there an issue with Mic connectivity in this game? Seems like the first game I play mic works fine, and then after that I have to unplug and replug 2-3 times before it will register.

Except for the fact that when playing in matchmaking, you don't always get a server (50% of the time) and whoever has the best connection doesn't always pull host. 

Assuming sufficient data is held on all consoles in a game, (which in most cases is not) the best connection will always pull host unless there is a NAT incompatibility.

You know the amazing thing to this day is the fact that Americans whether it be in 07 H3 all the way till now, don't use the good connection filter. Obviously 99% of the time they are going to be playing players on their own continent but when they play 1 game on Australian host (which again is even more unlikely) they scream and cry like 9/11 just happened again. The most painful reality of that is that not one person I know uses the perfectly usable good connection filter. America has the population to use the good connection filter. If people don't like Aussie host, then just turn the filter on, it isn't that hard. I've literally only seen one person from America in my life use the good connection filter.

I will be waiting for the inevitable ignorant American reply to this.

I'm not sure how well it worked in H3 but in Reach, I would use the connection filter all the time and I would get matched up with players in Mexico and Columbia all the time and the hit registration was garbage.  So in Reach, the filter was definitely broken.  So your comment "H3 all the way till now" is false.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been dealing with an increasing amount of warriors lately with 3+ K/D ratios (I wonder how that happened) who eat my shots for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I got absolutely embarrassed the other day and lost something like 50-15. Matched the same people the next game and won by the exact same score. Really makes you wonder. I can't take this game seriously anymore. Every time I win I can't help but think what the other team had to deal with connection wise and every time I lose it is infuriating because people are literally invincible. Yet for some reason I still keep playing.

the addictiveness of halo 1

Is there an issue with Mic connectivity in this game? Seems like the first game I play mic works fine, and then after that I have to unplug and replug 2-3 times before it will register.

Yes, with friends I only use Party or Skype because of this.

Don't have the energy to unplug all the time so when I was searching solo in CE 2v2 last night I just talked away never knowing if my teammate could hear me or not.

I'm not sure how well it worked in H3 but in Reach, I would use the connection filter all the time and I would get matched up with players in Mexico and Columbia all the time and the hit registration was garbage.  So in Reach, the filter was definitely broken.  So your comment "H3 all the way till now" is false.

Ah there its is, the ignorant American post right on time.

It filters ping, any host over 200 ping you will not find whilst searching good connection. Columbia, Mexico etc are all close to the US geographically hence why you would find them. Some people on the East Coast even report finding players from the UK. (I've seen EvaduR 6 bar on his stream on UK host and he still whines like a little phaggot) 

You will not match anyone from Oceania searching good connection and vise-versa . Hence why I find Americans reetarded when they complain about an oceanic host.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Tell me that you don't want to try a XIM4

Am I the only one not impressed with this video? This game would have went the same way with a controller-the other team was awful and it's wizard. I know that kb/m>controller, I'm just saying this particular video wouldn't make me think about getting one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, with friends I only use Party or Skype because of this.

Don't have the energy to unplug all the time so when I was searching solo in CE 2v2 last night I just talked away never knowing if my teammate could hear me or not.

Same here. I was getting concerned that my Astro's just stopped working.