CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I played a lot of Halo 3 when I first started out.

Every time I go back to the game to play a little, I'm slapped in the face with the worst aiming I've ever felt in a shooter. I just can't get by how sloppy it feels with all factors considered.

Yes, dedicated servers will help out the game plenty. It will solve a few of its problems such as registration and the annoying art of leading shots over a crappy netcode, but it won't solve the spread, the low FOV, or the aiming being awful.

I can respect that. Like I said, H3 was my first Halo game I ever played. I dabbled in Halo 2, played maybe 10 or 12 hours and really enjoyed it, but it was just too late in it's life cycle for me to keep playing it. That allowed me to become well acclimated, and honestly quite found of how H3 plays and feels. I'm excited to delve into Halo 2 and CE so I can really get a grasp on what you Halo scientists are talking about when you talk about the issues with games. I never really get upset with things like FOV and game speed. I just kind of judge a game based on how it's played. How the utility weapon feels, map design, and how grenades/power weapons work is basically my criteria. I don't notice things like aim acceleration, bullet magnetism, FOV, any of the stuff you forum guys cite whenever you make claims about why certain games are better.

No hate though. I understand there are factors of core halo principles that are omitted seemingly after every new Halo game. This is what allows our community to come to a consensus about what games are good, (CE, 2, 3), and what games are not so good, (Reach and 4). I really respect you guys that know the intricacies of every Halo game, but sometimes I feel like you guys put on a lab coat and goggles to play instead of just focusing on the most important factors, having fun on a game that isn't complete dog shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3 aiming is perfect for me..H2 and H4 have insane aim assist..As i said before, H3 Br definately requires more aiming skill to land your shots..H2 and H4 basically aims for you..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

H3 aiming is perfect for me..H2 and H4 have insane aim assist..As i said before, H3 Br definately requires more aiming skill to land your shots..H2 and H4 basically aims for you..

H3 aiming feels like I'm dragging my reticule through sand.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H3 has insane aim assist as well, plus insane BR spread, plus really clumsy aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dedis can't make bad kids better unfortunately.

Fixed

H3 aiming feels like I'm dragging my reticule through sand.

Only on 3 sens and below. You should try 4 mate!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Selfish is getting Halo CE online, Halo 2 remastered AND in its original state, a playable Halo 3, ranking systems back (most likely), all at 1080p 60fps on dedicated servers for 60 bucks and in the same breath stating that the features offered in the collection somehow hurts Halo, and we shouldn't focus on the amazing product we did get, but instead the impossible product we didn't get.

Competitive Halo has life now, EVEN IF the tournaments are still really hard to broadcast. This way maybe when Halo 5 comes around and DOES have a spectator mode, people will actually have Xbox Ones and an interest in Halo that leads to a resurrection in tournament play.

I'm not too sure you what know selfish means.

Me: WE need a spectator mode for tournaments so It can help Halo grow and get back into the competitive gaming scene

You: Fuck Spectator mode I get to play my favourite Halos again

Lol do you not see it?

I unno if you've been gone for awhile, but the lack of spectator mode has been a major issue for us

And just to make it clear. I wasn't expecting a spectator mode for H2A anyways, but that doesn't change the fact that we still need a spectator mode to help us get bigger in the "eSports" scene.

I'm excited to play H2 on X1, but i still care about our Halo community. And in no way am I saying Halo is gonna fail, but again the lack of a spectator mode is a major issue for us.

And the last thing I want to do is depend on H5 lol

• Downvote (-1) 4

I'm not too sure you know selfish means.

Me: WE need a spectator mode for tournaments so It can help Halo grow and get back into the competitive gaming scene

You: Fuck Spectator mode I get to play my favourite Halos again

Lol do you not see it?

WE get to play our favorite halo games again.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

So I was just playing some Lockout on H2 on Xbox, it was 49-49 when I got the last kill with a perfect no scope to win the game.

Then I woke up :(

I'd say it's only being called a selfish statement because we were given something that we have been asking for and now that we have it, you said it needed more. 

I agree that a Spectator Mode would be awesome and it would help the community with tournament streaming and all that jazz, but we have our beloved Halos back. And for the first time ever, H1 is available on XBL with support. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

WE get to play out favorite halo games again.

Okay... Do you care about the community and "eSports"? Or are you concerned about getting your Halo fix? Cause it sounds like you care more about playing for YOUR OWN enjoyment.

I find it strange I'm getting negged. I haven't bashed the game and/or the community. All I'm saying is a spectator mode is important and is needed.

I'd say it's only being called a selfish statement because we were given something that we have been asking for and now that we have it, you said it needed more.

I agree that a Spectator Mode would be awesome and it would help the community with tournament streaming and all that jazz, but we have our beloved Halos back. And for the first time ever, H1 is available on XBL with support.

We didn't just ask for H2 HD. We've been talking about a how we need a spectator mode for a while now. Even before Reach was done with at MLG we were talking about how we need a spectator mode, even MLG said it's more pricey to set up tournaments for Halo.

The thing is I'm not even complaining about the game. I'm just making a statement that a spectator mode IS needed. But we're not getting a spectator mode for MCC so it is what is, I'm not upset about or anything.

So in no way am I being selfish.

1. I'm thinking about the future of the community and not my own personal wants

2. I'm not even complaining, I'm making a statement that is indeed the truth(MLG has said themselves the we need a Spectator mode)

If I was 343i, spectator mode would be near or at the end of the list of things to add into the MCC. The monetary return for such a HUGE effort, as it would be to add something like that for an old engine, would not be worth it.

Saying that, selfish might have been the wrong word but wanting it and giving 343i crap about it are different stories. We are being giving this incredible fan service of not just Halo 2 redone but Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 all on one disc with dedicated servers and a smooth 60fps and all some people can say is "but what about spectator mode for tournaments?" Are you fucking kidding me?!

• Upvote (+1) 2

dunno if this has been asked but is there going to be a special/collectors edition?

No word on any editions yet except for the basic one shown everywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I was 343i, spectator mode would be near or at the end of the list of things to add into the MCC. The monetary return for such a HUGE effort, as it would be to add something like that for an old engine, would not be worth it.

Saying that, selfish might have been the wrong word but wanting it and giving 343i crap about it are different stories. We are being giving this incredible fan service of not just Halo 2 redone but Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 all on one disc with dedicated servers and a smooth 60fps and all some people can say is "but what about spectator mode for tournaments?" Are you fucking kidding me?!

Precisely. We all care about the health of competitive halo. And like I said, this collection brings back the masses to halo before halo 5 where we might actually get spectator mode. So just releasing this is already doing tons for competitive halo and we should be thankful, not trying to focus on not having it for this collection.

Okay... Do you care about the community and "eSports"? Or are you concerned about getting your Halo fix? Cause it sounds like you care more about playing for YOUR OWN enjoyment.

The most important step for the community and "eSports" is getting a viable game to play. Halo hasn't had one for 10+ years, and now we're getting one. eSports for Halo thrived without a specatator mode, and while it would be nice to have one it's not a deal breaker.

And who the eff doesn't care about playing for their own enjoyment? Of course I care more about playing for my own enjoyment; wtf else am I going to play for? I derive enjoyment from a competitive, skill-based game, not from spectator mode. I didn't enjoy the past several Halos, and they weren't skill-based or competitive; therefore I didn't give two shits about the tournaments or the eSport aspect of those games. Even if they had spectator modes I still wouldn't care because the base gameplay is garbage.

The future of Halo as a competitive eSport rest soley on having a competitively viable game to play.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Good post would read again.

Omg don't be so hard on him. Haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except I wasn't complaining, nor was I bashing on the game.I just said that we need a Spectator mode for tournaments.. Which is true.

The issue is about running tournaments, not the game itself. And i don't think people are getting that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except I wasn't complaining, nor was I bashing on the game.I just said that we need a Spectator mode for tournaments.. Which is true.

The issue is about running tournaments, not the game itself. And i don't think people are getting that.

I don't think you're being selfish, I think your expectations are unrealistic. Halo 5? Sure, you have an argument there that, if 343 wanted it to be focused on the competitive community (which I doubt they do), then they should include a spectator mode. However, them releasing remastered old games shouldn't make anyone expect a spectator mode to magically be included. Hell, I would pay $60 just for Halo CE online in a stable environment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree that spec mode is probably the last thing on 343's mind when doing a remake, but its just a fact that every team-based e-sport these days has a spec mode and more and it would certainly help in being able to run online tournaments and to gain entry into a big league like MLG. If 343 wants to support Halo as an e-sport they should start now with the MCC, not wait until H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Precisely. We all care about the health of competitive halo. And like I said, this collection brings back the masses to halo before halo 5 where we might actually get spectator mode. So just releasing this is already doing tons for competitive halo and we should be thankful, not trying to focus on not having it for this collection.

Dude.. h5? Really? You're gonna do the same thing we've been doing for years? "Oh don't worry the next Halo will have it".

H5 will more than likely have a spectator mode, but will it be any good?

I would rather have a game we can depend on than hope for a game to be what we want it to be.

And since MCC won't have a spectator mode the future for Halo is still questionable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think you're being selfish, I think your expectations are unrealistic. Halo 5? Sure, you have an argument there that, if 343 wanted it to be focused on the competitive community (which I doubt they do), then they should include a spectator mode. However, them releasing remastered old games shouldn't make anyone expect a spectator mode to magically be included. Hell, I would pay $60 just for Halo CE online in a stable environment.

How are they "unrealistic"? I already said I DIDNT EXPECT A SPECTATOR MODE(sorry for the caps, but it seems some people are having a hard time reading my posts). I'm just saying it's still needed for Halo to survive and grow.

I really don't care about H5. If it's good then I will care, but not putting any eggs in my basket for that game. I hope this MCC thing can become big enough so we don't have to depend on H5. Since it's still a possibility that H5 can be shit like Reach and H4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The most important step for the community and "eSports" is getting a viable game to play. Halo hasn't had one for 10+ years, and now we're getting one. eSports for Halo thrived without a specatator mode, and while it would be nice to have one it's not a deal breaker.

And who the eff doesn't care about playing for their own enjoyment? Of course I care more about playing for my own enjoyment; wtf else am I going to play for? I derive enjoyment from a competitive, skill-based game, not from spectator mode. I didn't enjoy the past several Halos, and they weren't skill-based or competitive; therefore I didn't give two shits about the tournaments or the eSport aspect of those games. Even if they had spectator modes I still wouldn't care because the base gameplay is garbage.

The future of Halo as a competitive eSport rest soley on having a competitively viable game to play.

Sorry I meant "or do you ONLY care about your own enjoyment".

Having a competitive game is a start, but again there's still other issues that need to be solved. Example, Halo being more expensive to set up than other games. The solution? A spectator mode lol