CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wanted to share DobbinFTW's post from reddit.

If you look at the Xbox Top Played Page, the MCC still can't break the top 10. It's getting beat out by Dragon Age Inquisition ffs. We don't have the exact numbers, but we know that following the release of Hardline, BF4 has still made spot #8 with only 14k players.

Source: http://bf4stats.com/

Presumably the MCC is around or under 10k at this point, meaning most playlists probably aren't breaking 1k total players.

What does this mean? For one thing, everyone should stop bitching about 343 putting in ranks - they won't make much of a difference at this point. This means the frustrating amount of hopeless blowout matches and rage quitters is going to remain the status quo.

Secondly, paid dlc is no longer an option for this game. Any further playlist dilution by separating those who bought it and those who didn't would have adverse affects for both.

Thirdly, team snipers, team swat, team doubles will probably never have a permanent spot in the playlists.

I also think this might be why they opted not to include ODST firefight; as a firefight playlist would dilute multiplayer even further in a way that campaigns don't because they are a one and done type deal for most folks.

I'm the guy who started #saveMccFirst, and i noticed i got alot of hate on this sub and waypoint for it. I realize i can be hypoerbolic and condescending sometimes and i'm sorry if that offended some of you....but surely i'm not the only one who is concerned that most of the playlists outside of team h2a, team slayer, and btb are going to be obsolete most times of the day before we even reach summer break?

More In depth analysis of the problem (beware my hyperbolic and condescending attitude): VIDEO

Really liked his video. One hour and 10 minutes of some interesting things he said. Nonetheless, he's right. MCC has less than 10k people playing in a daily basis and I believe not even DLC will bring that population back. 

Wanted to share DobbinFTW's post from reddit.

Really liked his video. One hour and 10 minutes of some interesting things he said. Nonetheless, he's right. MCC has less than 10k people playing in a daily basis and I believe not even DLC will bring that population back. 

Literally the only thing right now that could bring back a population to the MCC would be to make it available through the games with gold. 343/Microsoft will never agree to that unfortunately.

Isn't the week like, kind of over?

This is the same company who dropped a title update in the middle of a HCS cup.

• Upvote (+1) 1

More like this is the company that released MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair, don't title updates have to go through MS first? So the update was probably submitted to MS before hand and then MS released it as soon as it finished testing. Which unfortunately happened to be during an event.

To be fair, don't title updates have to go through MS first? So the update was probably submitted to MS before hand and then MS released it as soon as it finished testing. Which unfortunately happened to be during an event.

Poor communication on both sides to be fair. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For one thing, everyone should stop bitching about 343 putting in ranks - they won't make much of a difference at this point. This means the frustrating amount of hopeless blowout matches and rage quitters is going to remain the status quo.

I agree with that. I tried the ranked playlist again last night and all my games were mismatches with ranks and skill.

I agree with that. I tried the ranked playlist again last night and all my games were mismatches with ranks and skill.

Honestly, that may have to do with the low population more-so than matchmaking. There has to be a large playerbase for the ranking system to be effective.

The top post in /r/games calling out MCC's population makes me happy

Link pls

At this point, I hope the collection gets fixed eventually, but MS then seriously considers doing an H3 Anniversary. I know that H3 looks great and everything, but I would hope that whomever is at 343 at that point would be competent at that point to actually do the game right. Remake a classic Halo game, but just fix the things that are wrong with it. Improve the BR, remake all the maps, let the other Halos be what they are, and make sure the game actually works. I'm sure people would love to have a proper game that actually works that actually resembles a game from the original trilogy. Two years time isn't that far away, so they should start working on it now, but I hope to God that H6 doesn't cause them to outsource the entire thing again. If they do, it'll be another shit show like we have now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, that may have to do with the low population more-so than matchmaking. There has to be a large playerbase for the ranking system to be effective.

Do you think adding ranked playlist will rebuild the population? If not, what will it take to bring back a large playerbase? And I wonder how big of a population it would take to make the ranked playlist effective? 

At this point, I hope the collection gets fixed eventually, but MS then seriously considers doing an H3 Anniversary. I know that H3 looks great and everything, but I would hope that whomever is at 343 at that point would be competent at that point to actually do the game right. Remake a classic Halo game, but just fix the things that are wrong with it. Improve the BR, remake all the maps, let the other Halos be what they are, and make sure the game actually works. I'm sure people would love to have a proper game that actually works that actually resembles a game from the original trilogy. Two years time isn't that far away, so they should start working on it now, but I hope to God that H6 doesn't cause them to outsource the entire thing again. If they do, it'll be another shit show like we have now.

2017 There should be a H3 anniversary in my Xbox IDC what else they're doing.

Could someone link me to the official sources of who produced what in MCC. I know certain affinity did the multiplayer but this guy just won't believe me :kappa: