CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm just glad it's having HCE and H2 online. Hoping for the netcode to be solid w/dedservs aside, I can't think of any other big ticket items I want. We're most likely getting Midship and Lockout remastered, I mean that should do it for just about all of us. 

I'll go ahead and start the MiddyFFAFinder gamertag. 

jk but seriously

Hellz yea!! Such a good warm up in Halo 2.

I know it would be great to have a spectator mode in the MCC, but it should not have been a realistic expectation. Half of the games included don't even have a theatre mode, and from what I understand code would have to be rewritten and changed for those features to be in the games that lacked them. Then there is the problem of unifying one mode across 4 games.... yeah. If Halo 5 launches without a spec mode, we would have reason to be upset. That game needs to have it, and there is no excuse not to at this point in time. Its been something we have been pushing for since before H4s release. Since they are building a new engine for H5 it should be something that is already accounted for.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly, I don't care if there is a spectator mode or not. Same with tournaments, don't care at all. All I know is, I'll be able to play Halo CE online with my friends. That is all I've ever wished for when it comes to gaming and Halo.

Honestly, I don't care if there is a spectator mode or not. Same with tournaments, don't care at all. All I know is, I'll be able to play Halo CE online with my friends. That is all I've ever wished for when it comes to gaming and Halo.

Are we ever going to play anything ever again?

I smell weekly Halo CE 2v2 tournaments.

The matchmaking is confusing me. Are there going to be playlist for each game or are all mixed with options to vote for 1,2,3 or 4. I'd much rather search halo 2 than hope everyone votes for it. Also, I'm hoping that there are a lot of playlists for the 90 maps and billion game types and i hope there is enough people in each playlists to be able to play any of yhem.

I just don't know if I'll be able to get good with hitting B to grenade.  I remember trying it for a day in Halo 2 and not liking it.

It's the same way I got used to outshooting bumper jumper kids who jumped when their shields popped, you just learn through practice. RB for grenades is infinitely better though. Still waiting on custom button mapping for a Halo game. If Murder Miners can do it so can 343i.  :quinn:

Although I hate join in progress for halo, is there a better feeling in Gaming than coming into a game that looks totally out of hand only to carry your team to a win?

I think droid and I clutched it in call of duty ghosts one time, and it was the only memorable thing that happened in that awful game.

I just like the challenge.

I think this was on Prison Break IIRC. Yeah that game is shit and I don't play it anymore. It's so bad, but not in a Powerglove kind of way.

It's the same way I got used to outshooting bumper jumper kids who jumped when their shields popped, you just learn through practice. RB for grenades is infinitely better though. Still waiting on custom button mapping for a Halo game. 

There's a deep rooted bug in the Halo legacy code tracing back to CE making it very difficult for them to add custom button mapping. Even the process of making a new button layout like Bumper Jumper takes a ton of effort and testing. Blame Bungie.

Frankie touches on this when someone brought up that Borderlands has mappable buttons:

I have a question regarding the UGC halo league. Seeing as the COD league is streamed through mlg.tv, how will the UGC halo league be streamed? Assuming they had a computer where they could switch between the twitch streams of all players involved, would MLG even allow it or would Twitch allow MLG to have a broadcast that used the Twitch streams? This is all assuming they continue to have the league once the MCC launches, but it's just something I started to wonder about.

The only thing I'm worried about is the CE netcode and the playlists/ranking system

JiP needs to be toggleable. That way I won't have to worry about joining a game down 4-0 in CTF and at the same time someone that has it toggled on can join my games when a player quits.

100% agree it could be fixes to work just fine / yes it should have a toggle and have a smaller window of time depending on the playlist but over all im ok with not having it as i feel it made people think quitting was OK .

I know it would be great to have a spectator mode in the MCC, but it should not have been a realistic expectation. Half of the games included don't even have a theatre mode, and from what I understand code would have to be rewritten and changed for those features to be in the games that lacked them. Then there is the problem of unifying one mode across 4 games.... yeah. If Halo 5 launches without a spec mode, we would have reason to be upset. That game needs to have it, and there is no excuse not to at this point in time. Its been something we have been pushing for since before H4s release. Since they are building a new engine for H5 it should be something that is already accounted for.

I agree, but I heard from the IGN interview that Halo 2 - 4 will have forge.  Thats not a typo H2 will have forge... if they can do forge they can at the very least do theater mode.  But I agree if Halo 5 doesn't have it already accounted for competitive halo will most likely be done for.

I agree, but I heard from the IGN interview that Halo 2 - 4 will have forge.  Thats not a typo H2 will have forge... if they can do forge they can at the very least do theater mode.  But I agree if Halo 5 doesn't have it already accounted for competitive halo will most likely be done for.

The 6 halo 2 anniversary maps that are run on the new engine will have forge. The classic halo 2 will not.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who gives a f*ck? Half of us wouldn't have even smelled this forum had they not made this game, and you're concerned with some mode we've never even had to begin with.

Telling us to STAY FOCUSED on things that aren't playing out favorite halo games in 1080p 60fps on dedicated servers is a bit selfish.

How is that selfish? lol I've been with this community during the times where many left and when Halo wasn't looking so good. I'm aware of what some of the problems were. One of our big faults was that Halo just cost more than other games to set up for tournaments. What did that problem magically disappear?

And yes I'm soooooo selfish cause I'm thinking about this community and future tournaments. You're the one saying "fuck spectator mode I get to play Halo". Somewhat contradicting, but whatever. Anyways it's not like I would be using the spectator mode. What would I need it for? I just wanna play the game.

Edit: I mean I've already acknowledged that $60 is a great price for the game(somewhat generous actually). But the fact is those problems don't go away just cause you're excited to play Halo again. Just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is that selfish? lol I've been with this community during the times where many left and when Halo wasn't looking so good. I'm aware of what some of the problems were. One of our big faults was that Halo just cost more than other games too set up for tournaments.

What did that problem magically disappear?

And yes I'm soooooo selfish cause I'm thinking about this community and future tournaments.

Lol it's not like I would be using the spectator mode. What would I need it for? I just wanna play the game.

Edit: I mean I've already acknowledged that $60 is a great price for the game(somewhat generous actually). But the fact is those problems don't go away just cause you're excited to play Halo online again. Just saying.

I don't know what stemmed this with him calling you selfish and I'm honestly too lazy to go back and read it. 

However, just commenting on the general topic of your post. It's a fine line we must play, sure I think there absolutely should be some excitement and hope for a live tournament(s). I do not believe however that it should be expected. You're right, when Halo was popular and "the game" all entry fee's basically paid for it and MLG didn't make jack on it. When entries started going down, it started costing MLG money to put on those tournaments and after so long that's just bad business to invest in a game that will obviously not yield you at least breaking even.

I don't think it's unfair to expect some online tournaments with Gamebattles, as they're easy to put on and very low cost for the most part. However to expect anything really beyond that, is to a degree unrealistic and should be nothing more at this point than a pipe dream to us as a community. I believe some of us in the community think we're much bigger than we really are, as in we have somewhat the same numbers MLG forums had back during the "hay days". While we all may be excited, MLG and the competitive scene has a lot of rebuilding to do to gain the numbers to even come close to what might justify a live tournament and the extra work it takes to stream Halo since it is without spectator mode. It's going to be up to us to build those numbers, and give MLG a reason to justify a live tournament(s).

We have 144 days at the time of this post until the time MCC releases, between that time and now if we want the competitive community to make a splash we need to get out there and get our old friends involved we used to game with. Tell new friends about the old days and how they're coming back, try to get anyone and everyone involved.

To drill down to the bedrock of my post though, you're not wrong and it's always been a massive undertaking to stream a Halo tournament. The only "brightside" is some of those technologies necessary have down in price making it SLIGHTLY more justifiable but still much more than any other game requires with spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can they least put in a spectator mode like come on we were the first franchise to have theater.But no spectator mode mostly all esports titles have spectator mode.I'm still happy of what they given us tho.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Selfish is getting Halo CE online, Halo 2 remastered AND in its original state, a playable Halo 3, ranking systems back (most likely), all at 1080p 60fps on dedicated servers for 60 bucks and in the same breath stating that the features offered in the collection somehow hurts Halo, and we shouldn't focus on the amazing product we did get, but instead the impossible product we didn't get.

Competitive Halo has life now, EVEN IF the tournaments are still really hard to broadcast. This way maybe when Halo 5 comes around and DOES have a spectator mode, people will actually have Xbox Ones and an interest in Halo that leads to a resurrection in tournament play.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'll go ahead and start the MiddyFFAFinder gamertag. 

jk but seriously

Random thought:

Did they make any mention for a Custom Game finder with the Master Chief Collection? I remember seeing a very successful Waypoint thread asking for this a year or so ago. Imagine you have a team of four looking to square off against another team of four for a best of 5 or 7 and could find one with a Custom Game finder. Would be pretty cool. 

Here's the Waypoint thread I found about Custom Game browsing:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst8413_Custom-Game-Browsing---An-absolute-necessity-for-Halo-4---Support-This.aspx

Random thought:

Did they make any mention for a Custom Game finder with the Master Chief Collection? I remember seeing a very successful Waypoint thread asking for this a year or so ago. Imagine you have a team of four looking to square off against another team of four for a best of 5 or 7 and could find one with a Custom Game finder. Would be pretty cool. 

Here's the Waypoint thread I found about Custom Game browsing:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst8413_Custom-Game-Browsing---An-absolute-necessity-for-Halo-4---Support-This.aspx

I just wonder to what end it'd display custom games. Maybe have an option like, "Add custom game to list" which isn't checked by default because I can't imagine how it would bog the system trying to show all joinable custom games.

Surprised to see no mention of LAN support in this week's Halo Bulletin.  Makes me think that they really want to include it but are having difficulties. 

That or they just want to announce more things at GamesCon in August.

CAN'T WAIT FOR AUGUST!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Surprised to see no mention of LAN support in this week's Halo Bulletin. Makes me think that they really want to include it but are having difficulties.

That or they just want to announce more things at GamesCon in August.

CAN'T WAIT FOR AUGUST!!!!!

Well they said at e3 that system link isn't in yet but it's top priority, it's only been like 1-2 weeks since e3 so nothing different there

I have a question regarding the UGC halo league. Seeing as the COD league is streamed through mlg.tv, how will the UGC halo league be streamed? Assuming they had a computer where they could switch between the twitch streams of all players involved, would MLG even allow it or would Twitch allow MLG to have a broadcast that used the Twitch streams? This is all assuming they continue to have the league once the MCC launches, but it's just something I started to wonder about.

MLG signed a deal with activision so they are the only site that vcan stream COD. Obviously this doesn't apply to halo

I just wonder to what end it'd display custom games. Maybe have an option like, "Add custom game to list" which isn't checked by default because I can't imagine how it would bog the system trying to show all joinable custom games.

Yeah. Technically it would be extremely difficult to pull off. I'm not even sure if other games have done this on Xbox Live.

I don't understand why some people say H2 Br was better than H3 Br..Yes it was more powerful but at the same time, it had no downsize..Heavy aim assist,no spread at all,almost every shot hits thanks to the registration..H3 Br definately requires more skill..Yes H2 maps are amazing but overall, H3 is a better experience and best and most balanced Halo game by far..Some maps are just awful though..I think population will be like:

Halo 3

Halo 2 Annv.

Halo 2

Halo 4

Halo CE

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 17