CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'll be buying my Xbox One on Nov. 11. Mainly because there is nothing else I want to play on the X1, but also to show 343i/MS my support for the MCC.

My thoughts exactly, there will probably be a Halo themed bundle releasing with the MCC so thats a plus. 

Halo 5: Guardians says hi!

They've already said there aren't any Armor Abilities "like they've existed before", so we have to wait and see what they mean.

They've already said there aren't any Armor Abilities "like they've existed before", so we have to wait and see what they mean.

No, they said flat out - No Armor Abilities in Halo 5: Guardians.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like loadouts because they meant never spawning without a BR/DMR.

I hate loadouts because of everything else.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well hopefully now that they have said they want the game to be competitive first and foremost, the BR/DMR equivalent will be the default starting weapon across the board. They could just make the AR a pickup on the map and make it better at close range. Idk

With all this H1/H2 talk we seem to have forgotten about Halo 5. I really hope we see some footage sooner than later. It has the potential to be amazing, one of the most important things they need to get right is the movement IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should just make it like Gears where you can Choose either the BR, DMR or AR as a starting weapon. and magnum only for secondary.

Well hopefully now that they have said they want the game to be competitive first and foremost

Lol I just am not gonna drink the kool aid on that one yet. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4 times...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well hopefully now that they have said they want the game to be competitive first and foremost, the BR/DMR equivalent will be the default starting weapon across the board. 

Sprint practically confirmed. Good start.

Competitive community will not want DMR because not BR

Lol I just am not gonna drink the kool aid on that one yet. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4 times...

Yea but who cares if I'm wrong? We can always play Halo CE! Whoo!

I think(hope) everyone who plays Halo agrees with this. I hope it happens. FML if we have to go BACK to AR/SMG starts.

The wait until November is already killing me.

Never thought I say that about a Halo product again.

I know man, it's so freaking far away.

Sprint practically confirmed. Good start.

Competitive community will not want DMR because not BR

To be fair, the H4 DMR and full bloom reach DMR give the weapon a bad name. If we asked for a single shot utility that kills quickly while being reasonably difficult to aim, I doubt many would object. I have not seen many people complain about the Reach ZB DMR......

Sans Ogre 2, which I still don't understand. Maybe he was drunk?

If we asked for a single shot utility that kills quickly while being reasonably difficult to aim, I doubt many would object.

I bet they do because not BR

Sweet, now all we need is a gunner

Yea i remember you, mostly everyone back there was cool unless some lame ass debate came up (COUGH4skand5skCOUGH).  But if we have H1 online running alright I don't think we have much needs for debates lol

It kinda makes me sad, nothing to fight about :(

I'm so happy to not have any junk to worry about.  Even H2 is already established competitively(hehe) so if everyone wants to run some 4v4 H2 it'll be solid(hehe)

That said, you can bet when H5 comes out I'll be all over those settings debates.

DMR: Master Race

I bet they do because not BR

They aren't worth considering. We have had more bad iterations of the BR than good. 

It kinda makes me sad, nothing to fight about :(

I'm so happy to not have any junk to worry about. Even H2 is already established competitively(hehe) so if everyone wants to run some 4v4 H2 it'll be solid(hehe)

That said, you can bet when H5 comes out I'll be all over those settings debates.

DMR: Master Race

We can replace the debates with some dirty trash talk

Oh yea I can just finally hop on the game and play whatever finally

Me caring for h5 depends on how the beta will be for me

I actually really liked the Halo 4 DMR. it was accurate, had decent kill times, and shat all over the BR just like we thought it would. Then tey super buffed the BR and I THINK they nerfed the DMR and then it sucked. But I really, really liked the DMR at launch.

Also about 4sk vs 5sk, I hope halo 5 is a good enough game to support 4sk. I think there's a decent chance we may have 4sk to begin with which would be nice. But it all depends on so many things.

I hope they boost the kill times of all weapons, and that we get an effective change in direction. That's the key factor in Halo 5. Are they going to allow us to make this game good if it isn't out of the box? If not, we have CE and Halo 2. If so, hell yeah!

well at least in h1/h2 bumpers aren't needed too much besides switching nades (and flashlight if you really want to lol).  Unless they have some Bumper Jumper button map which would be kinda cool since you could aim and also nade without losing the ability to aim.  I think h1 only had Boxer but it had B for nades, same with h2.

If anything I believe Cujjer linked me to some og xbox controller adapter for xb1 I think. He'll probably see this post soon, he can post a link

It isnt just one adapter it was a series of adapters in which the final one had been known to have a bit of input lag along with ruining the USB ports on the devices they were used in. As much as i like my controllers big and black it just isnt worth it.

It isnt just one adapter it was a series of adapters in which the final one had been known to have a bit of input lag along with ruining the USB ports on the devices they were used in. As much as i like my controllers big and black it just isnt worth it.

Oh then yea everyone learn xb1 controllers. They seem really good anyways.

Also u nasty

I'll be buying my Xbox One on Nov. 11. Mainly because there is nothing else I want to play on the X1, but also to show 343i/MS my support for the MCC.

Same here, only other Xbone game has me remotely interested is Arkham Knight, but I wasn't buying a console for that alone.

But yea I gotta agree with Impervium that population segregation is going to be really weird.  They're going to have to do some cuts for playlists were used to in Halo games.  It would be cool if H1 and H2 have some sort of ranks for 2v2, 4v4 and 8v8 (maybe 5v5 just for team skirmish because I love that playlist in H2).  If they don't though I should still be fine since by the time MCC comes out I'll have a huge list of Halo players again

I'm definitely concerned about this.  I think filters would be the best that way you can say play only H1 and H2(not that anyone would actually want this option) and then people that will play whatever could still get matched against you.  But Bravo already confirmed filters won't be in and won't be necessary because there will be dedicated hoppers for different experiences.  Some things just won't and can't make the final cut.

I could see them just doing like 1 specialized playlist for each game and then mixed hoppers for BTB and other fiesta style shite

Should just make it like Gears where you can Choose either the BR, DMR or AR as a starting weapon. and magnum only for secondary.

I would support this, ODST magnum please.

I would also support a new Rifle with 3 different firing modes(and different firing modes in general, I think it adds sandbox variety and depth without the burden of exra map pickups)  could call it the Combat Rifle, CR, eh...whatever, H1 online

Me either, I'll play the beta, I'll play the game, I'll argue settings(single shot) till I'm blue in the face, but I fully expect Halo 5:Guardians to be garbage in the ilk of H3/Reach/H4(I'll leave out H2 cause it might confuse people that think it's good)

Hope I'm wrong

Yea but who cares if I'm wrong? We can always play Halo CE! Whoo!

Nov 11th baby, I'm takin Brett down to Prisoner for some prison style rape

So

4sk or 5sk?

3sk

Had a brief but good chat about how dedicated servers would work in replacing peer to peer this morning and I at least was excited about how it works and what will be improved. We should be able to talk about it more as things get cleaned up and test gets further.

Dem feels.

Hmmm... Dat tease!

• Upvote (+1) 1