CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How small can the snap screen be?  I maybe put the snap screen where the radar would be if I'm playing

As far as I know, snap always takes up a column on the right of your screen, separate from the actual gameplay. It shrinks the display of the game to accommodate the snapped app.

Upload-Snapped_Killer-Instinct.jpg

As far as I know, snap always takes up a column on the right of your screen, separate from the actual gameplay. It shrinks the display of the game to accommodate the snapped app.

Ah ok that makes sense, thought the way it worked was putting it somewhere in the game screen if you wanted.  

I'll be buying my Xbox One on Nov. 11. Mainly because there is nothing else I want to play on the X1, but also to show 343i/MS my support for the MCC.

Hopefully they have some sort of bundle for it. 

I am getting an X1 this year because of MCC. I was going to get one now to see if destiny is any good, but if there is going to be a bundle or special edition for MCC I will wait.

Yeah there's a few games this e3 that made me pretty excited for xb1 but h1 online pretty much pushed me to have to really buy an xb1 this fall lol.  Sucks it's around Finals though :(

Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Forza 5 were all really awesome for their respective genres. Very well done games. I bought X1 day one because of Killer Instinct pretty much. Would have bought a Titanfall bundle otherwise.

I am getting an X1 this year because of MCC. I was going to get one now to see if destiny is any good, but if there is going to be a bundle or special edition for MCC I will wait.

I believe the Destiny beta will be playable on the 360 as well as the PS3 so you can still see if its good  :destiny:  ;)

Killer instinct is a pretty fun FG, gonna be fun to play a new one besides Guilty Gear.  Gonna have to get my stick modded for that though, cant play pad for fighters anymore lol

Also, for xb1 users, when I was playing KI I felt the bumpers were in weird placements.  Do you get used to it and it's fine to play shooters and whatnot with or does it just suck? Getting used to a new controller for h1 will be weird, all I used was the Duke recently lol

Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Forza 5 were all really awesome for their respective genres. Very well done games. I bought X1 day one because of Killer Instinct pretty much. Would have bought a Titanfall bundle otherwise.

Ya, I'm planning on picking up the Titanfall bundle this weekend. I would hold off for a special edition MCC X1 tho :)

Killer instinct is a pretty fun FG, gonna be fun to play a new one besides Guilty Gear.  Gonna have to get my stick modded for that though, cant play pad for fighters anymore lol

Also, for xb1 users, when I was playing KI I felt the bumpers were in weird placements.  Do you get used to it and it's fine to play shooters and whatnot with or does it just suck? Getting used to a new controller for h1 will be weird, all I used was the Duke recently lol

Yeah, I'm a little concerned about how the controller will feel playing CE; the bumpers are a little off for my feels.

Yeah, I'm a little concerned about how the controller will feel playing CE; the bumpers are a little off for my feels.

well at least in h1/h2 bumpers aren't needed too much besides switching nades (and flashlight if you really want to lol).  Unless they have some Bumper Jumper button map which would be kinda cool since you could aim and also nade without losing the ability to aim.  I think h1 only had Boxer but it had B for nades, same with h2.

If anything I believe Cujjer linked me to some og xbox controller adapter for xb1 I think. He'll probably see this post soon, he can post a link

Was wondering about this too. On the 360 for H3, I use my middle finger for the right trigger and index for the right bumper. It seems like they want you to use the side of ur index finger to hit the bumper while ur finger is still on the trigger on the X1 controller.

play boxer. You'll start winning melee battles.

I used Jetpack in Reach and the beginning of H4, so I didn't use bumper jumper because I didn't want to hold X to Jetpack. I was looking for a different control scheme in H4 because I didn't like hitting B to crouch, and a friend recommended Boxer. I love it. I even switched to it in Reach.

The problem now is that I play default in H1 and H2, Bumper Jumper in H3, and Boxer in 4. So it's gonna be hell switching back and forth in the mixed playlists in MCC!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used Jetpack in Reach and the beginning of H4, so I didn't use bumper jumper because I didn't want to hold X to Jetpack. I was looking for a different control scheme in H4 because I didn't like hitting B to crouch, and a friend recommended Boxer. I love it. I even switched to it in Reach.

The problem now is that I play default in H1 and H2, Bumper Jumper in H3, and Boxer in 4. So it's gonna be hell switching back and forth in the mixed playlists in MCC!

The correct solution is to play Boxer in every Halo game like me.  :gandhi:

In h1 I ran default, h2 boxer, h3-h4 I ran bumpner jumper.  I don't have much issues switching between games which is really weird

I played bumper jumper on titanfall and I can confirm you don't even notice the stiffness of the bumpers or anything once you get used to it. The controller feels great to me. When you're playing, it couldn't be further from your mind. The biggest adjustment to the X1 controller is not the bumpers, but the sticks. They are a good bit easier to move than x360 but they are way more precise. They are super smooth. Just took probably...5 or so hours of game time to get used to it. I put in like 3 days of time into titanfall so obviously by the end of that I was totally comfortable with the controller all in all.

I played bumper jumper on titanfall and I can confirm you don't even notice the stiffness of the bumpers or anything once you get used to it. The controller feels great to me. When you're playing, it couldn't be further from your mind. The biggest adjustment to the X1 controller is not the bumpers, but the sticks. They are a good bit easier to move than x360 but they are way more precise. They are super smooth. Just took probably...5 or so hours of game time to get used to it. I put in like 3 days of time into titanfall so obviously by the end of that I was totally comfortable with the controller all in all.

Do you use your index finger for the right trigger?

Do you use your index finger for the right trigger?

Yeah I do. My brother uses his middle finger and neither of us have problems. Feels great

Aright well then im not too worried about playing h1 on the xb1 controller then, sweet.  

Aright well then im not too worried about playing h1 on the xb1 controller then, sweet.

Trust me, when you feel how small the dead zone is on these things, and how accurate you're gonna be at long range, you won't ever want to hold older controllers again. It's gonna help a bit with those long range tsk's a lot. Like I used the marksman rifles in cod ghosts for both Xbox 360 and One, and the difference in accuracy and control is there. And the grips are nice on the sticks.

But like I said, you have to get used to how loose the sticks feel. It's closer to playstation sticks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trust me, when you feel how small the dead zone is on these things, and how accurate you're gonna be at long range, you won't ever want to hold older controllers again. It's gonna help a bit with those long range tsk's a lot. Like I used the marksman rifles in cod ghosts for both Xbox 360 and One, and the difference in accuracy and control is there. And the grips are nice on the sticks.

But like I said, you have to get used to how loose the sticks feel. It's closer to playstation sticks.

Didn't know they had smaller dead zones, that's pretty sweet.  Yea it should definitely help a lot

Yea I was messing around with one before, feels different but I'll probably have an xb1 before MCC comes out so I'll have time to mess around with it

Didn't know they had smaller dead zones, that's pretty sweet.

It's really the best feature of the controller. The whole thing just feels more solidly built.

Lol yeah I really hope they don't ever hide the ranks from now on.

I really don't think that will happen again. More importantly I hope the ranks actually work,  hidden or not.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really don't think that will happen again. More importantly I hope the ranks actually work,  hidden or not.

I really don't think sprint will return

I really don' think AAs will return

I really don't think they'll put in loadouts

I really don't think they would get rid of descope

Until they say exactly what's going we shouldn't get too excited. 

I really don't think sprint will return

I really don' think AAs will return

I really don't think they'll put in loadouts

I really don't think they would get rid of descope

Until they say exactly what's going we shouldn't get too excited. 

Halo 5: Guardians says hi!

• Upvote (+1) 1