CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just take it one step past making it "free" in a bundle and make the game free. You've lost all reason to charge money for this game

Parties and Matchmaking work and ranks will be coming next. To most thats like 80% of the game, all the other stuff thats wrong with it is easy to hide from the average gamer, who doesnt know that all the CE timers are off, H2C hit reg is better but still not how its supposed to be, H3 aiming doesnt work, etc etc etc.

In reality this games like 20% fixed, its still rife with gameplay issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys are way too forgiving. This game is still far away from the quality that bungie's Halo games provided. Just look at the amount of games that had to be restarted in the last tournament ( the S1 finals no less).

If everyone starts to get too thankful for things that should have been allowed to be taken for granted this game surely won't ever be fully fixed.

The S1 finals ran near flawlessly. It didn't have issues that even compared to the past S1 events because the new patch fixed parties which meant getting players into lobbies and keeping them there was painless.

I'm not too forgiving at all, the game is still far from perfect but considering there are still more patches coming and matchmaking and parties work, this is the perfect bundle to pick up if you haven't yet.

Am I able to get on and play with my friends?  Yes

Do we stay together after every game? Yes

Are there still numerous issues that need to be fixed?  Yes

Additions to be made? Yes

This game may not be what it should have been at release, but at least I can play with a friend or two, and that would have been the first thing I requested they fix. 

I look forward to the future patches, and hopefully one day 343 gets this game to a place where it is flawless.

I need MCC to work, because its the last Halo I am purchasing. 

The S1 finals ran near flawlessly. It didn't have issues that even compared to the past S1 events because the new patch fixed parties which meant getting players into lobbies and keeping them there was painless.

I'm not too forgiving at all, the game is still far from perfect but considering there are still more patches coming and matchmaking and parties work, this is the perfect bundle to pick up if you haven't yet.

You're too forgiving. You are still advocating people give their money to the company that sold a pile of shit knowingly. I would never recommend this game to my friends, even if it were fully functional. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would never recommend this game to my friends, even if it were fully functional.

If he is too forgiving, then this is just spiteful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're too forgiving. You are still advocating people give their money to the company that sold a pile of shit knowingly. I would never recommend this game to my friends, even if it were fully functional. 

I actually was online playing some Destiny last night with 5 of my friends. 

Somehow MCC was brought out, and I told them that they should pick up the game and play it with me sometime, expressed to them that 343 put out a patch and it "works now"

Not one of them were interested, and 3 of them had already returned the game.

I literally have 1-2 friends that even still get on MCC.   

The timing for announcing this bundle right after running the S1 finals at PAX is very smart imo.

Or you stop holding a grudge and tell your friends what works and what doesn't and let them make up their own mind?

I dont know which event you watched but I saw multiple games going to only 35 kills 150 oddball points etc because they had to be restarted. How is that near flawless? When there is money on the line I'll give them maybe a pass for one restart, but not a couple.

And this isn't even talking about matchmaking. You can start up H3 or H:R to this day and play a game with next to no issues in concern to matchmaking framework and bugs, and I'm still getting a 3v4 around 10% of my games in MCC and I still have to restart the search in some playlists at points.

If this was the way the game was released people would have just dealt with it because it is the MCC, but it would still not pass for a product that is supposed to be completly finished.

Or you stop holding a grudge and tell your friends what works and what doesn't and let them make up their own mind?

People can make up their own mind. I said i would never RECOMMEND it to anyone. 

I agree, I am spiteful. I wasted 500+ dollars on a console and a game based on a promise that was knowingly a lie. Took days off work to experience what i would consider one of the greatest wastes of time in my life. And then 343 patches some things that make the game work the majority of the time and every one is back on the tit. You should all be spiteful, you should want 343 to fail for delivering such a joke of a game and ruining the best console franchise to ever be released. Instead, you will all buy Halo 5 and then be surprised when it is a huge pile of trash just like H4 was, and 343's sales team will call it a success. The definition of insanity.

I can only give my perspective on this but I don't give a shit about 343 or Bungie or Microsoft. I give a shit about Halo. I give a shit that it works and I have people to play with. I thought halo4 was worth my 60$ and I had a lot of fun with the h5 beta so I am going to buy it. I just find it odd to you put word in his mouth and make it extreme that he "forgives" 343 and give him shit then turn around with an extreme opinion which you find reasonable. MCC is neither broken no perfect. These extreme opinions are just so dramatic for the sake of being dramatic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Playlist update when? I'm getting pretty sick of Creek and Rat Race.

Woah so the mcc bundle is real

I kinda want that box ...

Ya the box is really really nice. Should be a solid 30$ eBay pickup

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can only give my perspective on this but I don't give a shit about 343 or Bungie or Microsoft. I give a shit about Halo. I give a shit that it works and I have people to play with. I thought halo4 was worth my 60$ and I had a lot of fun with the h5 beta so I am going to buy it. I just find it odd to you put word in his mouth and make it extreme that he "forgives" 343 and give him shit then turn around with an extreme opinion which you find reasonable. MCC is neither broken no perfect. These extreme opinions are just so dramatic for the sake of being dramatic.

You can still play Halo, surprisingly, without giving 343 your money. You see most times in life if someone wrongs you, you look to not do business with them again. Say i sold you a plate of spaghetti, but in the middle of all the spaghetti i took a big shit. Would you ever buy spaghetti from me again? My guess is no. But because 343 just took a shit on a gaming franchise that literally shaped the console first person shooter, you don't mind. And you will buy anything that has the Halo name stamped on it, no matter how far from the original game it may be.

Halo in its current state is not halo. The only resembling thing about it is the spartan that you control. The game play is completely different, the maps are gigantic to accommodate for sprint, and the community recommendations are all but ignored. There was a waypoint poll about sprint made by ghost that had overwhelming support for sprint to be removed and it was ignored, instead 343 released, what seems like, an imaginary poll saying the majority of players wanted sprint. I will never support that. And the more people that do, the more Halo will remain in the gutter. The only way to FIX Halo is to abandon the crap that we are being fed by 343, because as long as it sells, they have no reason to change it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont know which event you watched but I saw multiple games going to only 35 kills 150 oddball points etc because they had to be restarted. How is that near flawless? When there is money on the line I'll give them maybe a pass for one restart, but not a couple.

And this isn't even talking about matchmaking. You can start up H3 or H:R to this day and play a game with next to no issues in concern to matchmaking framework and bugs, and I'm still getting a 3v4 around 10% of my games in MCC and I still have to restart the search in some playlists at points.

If this was the way the game was released people would have just dealt with it because it is the MCC, but it would still not pass for a product that is supposed to be completly finished.

The two games you are specifically talking about had to be restarted due to issues that had nothing to do with MCC. Specifically, the Lockout TS game restarted because the internet at PAX dropped across the entire venue, hence the "Lost connection to Xbox LIVE" message that showed on the screen. The Oddball game were two players dropped out was also an Xbox One thing. The second the console loses access to Xbox LIVE, you get kicked from the game.

The Xbox One is a piece of shit when it comes to LAN support, in fact it hardly supports it. There are no offline profiles and the console needs to be connected to Xbox LIVE constantly for LAN to even work. There was ONE issue that I recall that was related to Halo 2 Anniversary over the weekend and that was the bomb not arming instantly during a Shrine Bomb game.

The S1 Finals is the smoothest and arguably the best tournament we have seen since Columbus 2012. There was little downtime, VERY little issues and the production from ESL and 343 (and Lenox) was simply amazing.

Am I saying it's absolutely fucking perfect and every single aspect of the game works? Nope

Am I saying it is finally in a playable state were me and a few friends can hop on and play the game without running into many issues? Yes

There are more content updates on the way. Frankie said recently that this mega-patch will allow them to address other major issues like ranks, hit detection, etc and I'm excited for that.

Buying this bundle is an absolute fucking steal and you are blind if you don't see that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

"costing £349 / $349"

yeah, because they're the same amounts...lol

You're practically getting MCC for free if you buy the bundle and it's in a playable state. Is it in the best state? No, but that's not going to stop me from telling my friends about it.

Honestly I think the game should come pre loaded on all consoles. I can seriously see the MCC being the TF2 of the Xbox One if 343 is serious in keeping it updated in terms of fixes and content.

So you're never going to recommend a Microsoft product to anyone?

• Downvote (-1) 3

So you're never going to recommend a Microsoft product to anyone?

I will never recommend a 343 product to any one. There are Microsoft studios that put out quality content. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously don't understand why certain people are even on these boards anymore when you hold a viewpoint on halo/ms like that.

I seriously don't understand why certain people are even on these boards anymore when you hold a viewpoint on halo/ms like that.

You seem to blur the line between Halo and what 343 has delivered. There is a difference. I love Halo. 

I will never recommend a 343 product to any one. There are Microsoft studios that put out quality content.

Take a guess at who set the release date for MCC.

Also worth pointing out that by posting on this forum, you're supporting Halo, which in turn is supporting 343.