Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

THE GANG'S ALL HERE.

Save for Cherno and BigShow of course.

1htzb.gif

612.gif

Now it's a party.

So... apparently Halo 1 online?

Please have a 1v1 playlist.

If not, you probably will never be hurting for 1v1 CE customs.

Best playlist offering:

H1

1v1

2v2

4v4

8v8

H2

2v2

4v4

Hardcore

8v8

FFA

H2A

2v2

4v4

Hardcore

8v8

FFA

H3

2v2

4v4

MLG

8v8

FFA

H4

lolz

My idea for the MCC, which I know won't happen, would be to separate the entire population of the collection into two parts.

One part is people searching in a particular Halo game with a particular max party size (Halo 2 4v4, Halo CE 2v2, Halo 3 FFA, etc etc...)

The other part is people who select what games they would like to play (maybe ONLY HCE and H2) and will match up with people that have searched for a specific game/party size. This entire population just fills in for whatever the first population needs at the time.

After the teams have been matched, you vote on the gametype/map.

Why I think it's beneficial is that instead of keeping the two populations pretty much separate by default, you unite the population as much as you can. The way it has been explained to us so far is that you will be able to search for just one game, but there will also be a separate way to play which involves voting on a particular game/gametype/map in the lobby. These two populations are oil and water because one set of players does NOT vote on which game to play, and the other DOES vote on which game to play, meaning that they cannot be placed in the same lobby to the best of our understanding.

The current way of playlist separation could cause of problem with population split. You are taking three big chunks of the population and isolating them from each other.

1) Dedicated game lobbies

2) Mixed game lobbies

3) Custom lobbies

From there, you split dedicated lobbies by each Halo game.

- Halo CE

- Halo 2

- Halo 3

- Halo 4

2) Mixed game lobbies

3) Custom lobbies

Then you divide each game under dedicated and mixed game lobbies by game size

- Halo CE

- 1v1

- 2v2

- 4v4

- 8v8

- Halo 2

- 2v2

- 4v4

- Hardcore

- 8v8

- FFA

- Halo 2 Anniversary

- 2v2

- 4v4

- Hardcore

- 8v8

- FFA

- Halo 3

- 2v2

- 4v4

- MLG

- 8v8

- FFA

- Halo 4

- 2v2

- 4v4

- Hardcore

- 8v8

- FFA

2) Mixed game lobbies

- 2v2

- 4v4

- Hardcore maybe?

- 8v8

- FFA

3) Custom lobbies

Now, I know they showed a screen saying for mixed lobbies they were searching by gametype, so if you'd like you can replace the party size under mixed game lobbies with things like CTF, Slayer, Bomb, whatever. I just don't think that's the way to do it.

Imo, we are going to be dealing with a big, big, population segregation problem in MCC unless it's done pretty much perfectly. The above separation is A LOT of ways to divide a population that isn't on a huge install base (Xbox One) in a season with a lot of big games coming out (Destiny, Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc etc...), not to mention the Halo 5 beta interfering in MCC's prime time.

I foresee major problems in matchmaking if dedicated game lobbies and mixed lobbies are not allowed to play together. And if it gets bad, people will either flock to other games or to custom games, making matchmaking REALLY difficult outside of just saying "f*ck it, let's go into mixed lobbies and hope we don't have to play Infinity Slayer on Haven for the 6th time today".

/cynical novel on matchmaking segregation

EDIT: maybe if the mixed lobbies can just vote on game and gametype, they can match up with dedicated game lobbies (if they are separated by gametype rather than party size) and have a vote on just the map. It's two votes with 2 different lobbies, but maybe it would work. Problem would then be that you start to segregate the 4v4 population for the dedicated games, while still needing 8v8, 2v2 and presumably FFA options for each respective game. Idk this is weird.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seeing all of you guys in here brings me back to the MLG forum days and it makes me happy. I didn't post much on there so you probably have no idea who I am, but I read those forums all the time and it's good to see you all coming back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

well i just messaged Schnykees on facebook...

And yea Pats always in the clan. We also need aPK i think he disappeared

Also, the people here gotta form an H2 BTB clan. I nominate myself as Warthog driver

I call shotgun!

Seeing all of you guys in here brings me back to the MLG forum days and it makes me happy. I didn't post much on there so you probably have no idea who I am, but I read those forums all the time and it's good to see you all coming back.

I remember you dude.

I love the fact that even after a long hiatus, the true Halo fans come back out of their caves to support something amazing like the MCC.  I can't wait to get demolished in Halo 1 by some of you guys, and I won't even be mad because we all know CE takes real skill.

Brett, good idea on the playlists. I know H1 and H2 won't have a shortage of population, ever. So we're good.

Edit: Yoseph and Imperium, day 1, 1v1 on Prisoner, record and YouTube it with both perspectives split screen style. I'll edit it for you. Honor rules or anything goes, doesn't matter.

I call shotgun!

Sweet, now all we need is a gunner

Yea i remember you, mostly everyone back there was cool unless some lame ass debate came up (COUGH4skand5skCOUGH).  But if we have H1 online running alright I don't think we have much needs for debates lol

If you build it, they will come.

Big Show! Awe man, everybody is coming out of retirement, I love it

But yea I gotta agree with Impervium that population segregation is going to be really weird.  They're going to have to do some cuts for playlists were used to in Halo games.  It would be cool if H1 and H2 have some sort of ranks for 2v2, 4v4 and 8v8 (maybe 5v5 just for team skirmish because I love that playlist in H2).  If they don't though I should still be fine since by the time MCC comes out I'll have a huge list of Halo players again

I got an Xbox One after the announcement (of course, it was free but thats besides the point; I would have bought one anyway), and I'm pretty stoked that I can just broadcast on Twitch and record my clips as I'm playing. There are so many clips I wish I had been able to record in the past.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Edit: Yoseph and Imperium, day 1, 1v1 on Prisoner, record and YouTube it with both perspectives split screen style. I'll edit it for you. Honor rules or anything goes, doesn't matter.

mjo.gif

Snakebite been grinding out some daily Halo 2 videos recently, his wishlist

------

Holy shit, welcome Bigshow!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit, welcome Bigshow!

The wait until November is already killing me.

Never thought I say that about a Halo product again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I got an Xbox One after the announcement (of course, it was free but thats besides the point; I would have bought one anyway), and I'm pretty stoked that I can just broadcast on Twitch and record my clips as I'm playing. There are so many clips I wish I had been able to record in the past.

You got a Kinect then I assume?  Only way I heard you can record games i think (unless MCC has theater for H1 but I doubt that will happen)

hopefully in the future the Kinect drops price as a standalone product and I can get it later

also this is wishful thinking but a Leaderboards for 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, etc for every game would be so sick

You got a Kinect then I assume?  Only way I heard you can record games i think (unless MCC has theater for H1 but I doubt that will happen)

hopefully in the future the Kinect drops price as a standalone product and I can get it later

I think you can go to game DVR and record the last 5 minutes of whatever you just played, but that's not ideal for a few reasons. Kinect is just way easier.

I think you can go to game DVR and record the last 5 minutes of whatever you just played, but that's not ideal for a few reasons. Kinect is just way easier.

Ah ok, at least I have another option till I buy one at least

Yeah, you can use the Game DVR but you would probably want to have it snapped to the side and it takes up screen space. A little awkward but probably necessary if you want to record a full game. You can also say "Xbox record that" and it will record the last 30 seconds. I'm still not super familiar with all of the voice commands so there may be a way to record 5 minutes without snapping the DVR but I don't know yet.

Just a heads up. You can't record clips("xbox record that") while broadcasting to twitch. So you pretty much have to choose beforehand whether you want to capture full gameplays via twitch rebroadcasts that aren't the best quality, or whether you want to go for clips.

Or you can just say "xbox record that" every 20 seconds and then edit the clips together for full gameplays... :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember you dude.

I love the fact that even after a long hiatus, the true Halo fans come back out of their caves to support something amazing like the MCC. I can't wait to get demolished in Halo 1 by some of you guys, and I won't even be mad because we all know CE takes real skill.

Brett, good idea on the playlists. I know H1 and H2 won't have a shortage of population, ever. So we're good.

I remember Brutality as well.

As for the 1 on 1, sign me up.

Ah ok, at least I have another option till I buy one at least

If you get some insane overkill, its worth bringing up DVR from snap (which you have to manually do from the home menu if you don't have kinect), and then tell it to save the past 5 minutes. It can be sorta annoying. So if you get a nice clip at the beginning or middle of lets say a 12 minute flag game, you're going to have to bring up the menu and record it with the game still going on.

Yeah, you can use the Game DVR but you would probably want to have it snapped to the side and it takes up screen space. A little awkward but probably necessary if you want to record a full game. You can also say "Xbox record that" and it will record the last 30 seconds. I'm still not super familiar with all of the voice commands so there may be a way to record 5 minutes without snapping the DVR but I don't know yet.

He meant recording without Kinect, obviously the record that feature is pretty nice, but he may not be able to have the Kinect for a bit.

Just a heads up. You can't record clips("xbox record that") while broadcasting to twitch. So you pretty much have to choose beforehand whether you want to capture full gameplays via twitch rebroadcasts that aren't the best quality, or whether you want to go for clips.

Or you can just say "xbox record that" every 20 seconds and then edit the clips together for full gameplays... :kappa:

And there is no theater for halo 1 and 2 right?

If that's the case, I'll probably just capture gameplay or stream the old fashioned way while retaining Xbox record that. It's that cool of a feature, I don't want to lose it. That feature made the Titanfall montage I'm working on possible.

[tweet=https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/479691928687349762]

If you get some insane overkill, its worth bringing up DVR from snap (which you have to manually do from the home menu if you don't have kinect), and then tell it to save the past 5 minutes. It can be sorta annoying. So if you get a nice clip at the beginning or middle of lets say a 12 minute flag game, you're going to have to bring up the menu and record it with the game still going on.

He meant recording without Kinect, obviously the record that feature is pretty nice, but he may not be able to have the Kinect for a bit.

How small can the snap screen be?  maybe put the snap screen where the radar would be if I'm playing if thats possible

I'll be buying my Xbox One on Nov. 11. Mainly because there is nothing else I want to play on the X1, but also to show 343i/MS my support for the MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2