CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This. Team Hardcore is NOT meant to be unranked. Either you're winning by a landslide or losing by a landslide. No inbetweens

Other than that the patch is amazing. Nonstop Halo ever since

Forget competitive...neither is FUN. I can't enjoy searching and winning or losing easily because of mismatched teams or quitters. There is never a middle ground.

Idk then, I've tried this and it never seems to be perfect and as you know a few seconds in Halo can mean a lot. Is it because the timers are for OG CE and this is MCC?

I haven't played CE/MCC in quite a while but I was using the one @@CyReN tweeted out a while ago; http://eliteownage.com/halotimer.html and that has an MCC option that doesn't seem to be 100%.

Do what Rocker does and start your timer at the 2nd loading icon freeze, you'll be on time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you're telling me that even after the giant fix-all patch that this game is still splitting up parties onto seperate teams?

It's to the point where I almost wish MCC hadn't even come out at all. I might still be playing Halo on XBL if it hadn't. All my friends were so upset at the awfulness of this game, and the terrible h1 port attempt that they left and started playing Destiny. Without those people, the ones I've been playing Halo with for more than a decade, all the magic is gone.

I still keep lurking here waiting for some posts that say that this pile is fixed.

Still waiting.

I've played a good 50-odd games since the patch, and have only experienced split parties once. H3 maps crashing has happened more often.

So you're telling me that even after the giant fix-all patch that this game is still splitting up parties onto seperate teams?

It's to the point where I almost wish MCC hadn't even come out at all. I might still be playing Halo on XBL if it hadn't. All my friends were so upset at the awfulness of this game, and the terrible h1 port attempt that they left and started playing Destiny. Without those people, the ones I've been playing Halo with for more than a decade, all the magic is gone.

I still keep lurking here waiting for some posts that say that this pile is fixed.

Still waiting.

Honestly Chase, it's in much better shape now. I played for about 5 hours last night in a combination of matchmaking and custom games, and we only had one issue.

No problems getting into parties, no problems staying in lobbies, no problems with shot registration or latency - the single issue we ran into was when a Halo 3 map failed to load (Glitch or feature? ;) ) and we were booted back to our party to reconsider the horrible decision to search BTB.

Is it annoying that folks are apparently still seeing split parties and imbalanced teams? Sure. I've played about 8 hours post-patch and have had a total of two issues. If you're at all curious on my position, the game is more than playable at this point, and getting ranks will dramatically improve the quality of matchmaking. Playing Halo 1 customs with some of the old MLG guys last night was a blast, and we didn't have a single problem running through all of the maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So it seems whenever someone has host, and that person leaves, the game ends, as if it were a custom match. So far, every time I've quit of a game when I'm host (I refuse to play Halo 4), the entire match ends. But when I quit out, without host, it just takes me out of the game as normal.

Not sure if this is a new issue, or it's just more prevelant now.

Honestly Chase, it's in much better shape now. I played for about 5 hours last night in a combination of matchmaking and custom games, and we only had one issue.

No problems getting into parties, no problems staying in lobbies, no problems with shot registration or latency - the single issue we ran into was when a Halo 3 map failed to load (Glitch or feature? ;) ) and we were booted back to our party to reconsider the horrible decision to search BTB.

Is it annoying that folks are apparently still seeing split parties and imbalanced teams? Sure. I've played about 8 hours post-patch and have had a total of two issues. If you're at all curious on my position, the game is more than playable at this point, and getting ranks will dramatically improve the quality of matchmaking. Playing Halo 1 customs with some of the old MLG guys last night was a blast, and we didn't have a single problem running through all of the maps.

That's great news. Maybe I'll see if we can give it another whirl this week sometime.

Hope all is well, Kyle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, aiming upwards as in pointing at Overshot, is slightly buggy for me. Otherwise, virtually no anti-aim anywhere else.

This patch has fixed some really important issues, not all but some really important 1's.

The next patch I would like to see these issues addressed:

Halo 3 sound

Halo 3 Forge mode (objectives)

Halo 3 Aim acceleration

A true ranking system

A quitting penalty

Not in any specific order.

• Upvote (+1) 7

ranks are direly needed.

AGREED. Just had a H3 Heretic BRs, won 50-7. They had 2 gooses. Its just not fun, man.

P.s. Don't know if Ayy Scooby is on here, but sorry for the bad nade man..

AGREED. Just had a H3 Heretic BRs, won 50-7. They had 2 gooses. Its just not fun, man.

P.s. Don't know if Ayy Scooby is on here, but sorry for the bad nade man..

Not fun for the gooses, either.  I've been a goose more than my fair share.  Hard to get kills when you suck.

A ranking system that works benefits all of us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My buddy and I ran into a 2 box who we've played multiple times in MM. Before the patch on his host we would usually split the games and they would always be even and close. Played them again the other night for the first time on dedis and won 50-9. I think that is the definition of online warrior. After winning 50-0 for the tenth time it gets kinda old. At this point I would gladly welcome getting stomped on 9-50 just for a change of pace. 

How is matchmaking for you guys?

Can only really get games in the Team Slayer playlist due to MCC searching locally/low population. Still yet to get a single game in most playlists including H2C (my main reason for buying this game). :(

Games are still laggy (mostly HCE), and maps still not loading in H3.

Overall, pretty disappointing. I'm at the point now where I'm thinking of selling my Xboxes while I can still get some decent money for them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We need ranked and social playlists options for all available playlists DESPERATELY!!!!

Or please, at least give us ranks in H2C/HCE/Team Slayer

We need ranked and social playlists options for all available playlists DESPERATELY!!!!

Or please, at least give us ranks in H2C/HCE/Team Slayer

For all playlists? No.

Just look at Halo 3's set up and go from there.

Ranked/Social for the more popular lists.

Ranked only for hyper competitive lists.

Social only for party/derper lists. Simple.

That, and give a Halo 3 style incentive to playing ranked i.e a constant displayed rank only obtainable by playing ranked.

Ranked/Social everything would have godawful match times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I missed the days when impossible kills made the news. I bookmarked the Killer Traffic Pylon article on an old desktop, lost forever. :'(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been trying to get better at nading weapons down in CE. So far I can consistently get the sniper and rockets from the back of red on Hang Em High but that's it.

I just watched OGRE 2 break down some nerdy shit on CE. Yea, that game sure is nerdy at a high level

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just watched OGRE 2 break down some nerdy shit on CE. Yea, that game sure is nerdy at a high level

slightly interested