CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

No it isn't. No matter how good you are at a game such as Call of Duty and that you search by yourself 100% of the time, you will maintain a 50% win rate no matter what. Trueskill has always worked to create close matches even in Reach and 4. (Unless you are willing to go 44-3 every match)

If I'm playing equally skilled people why is my winrate 70% and K/D over 2 in both games?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cool. Anti aim and registration works...now about these teammates and quitters...sigh

give us ranks...PLZ....this shit is not fun when 2/3 games have quitters or ppl that don't know how to play the game.

Some guy sent me an angry message saying I made them lose, when I got MVP and he had the second least kills. Not sure I understand...

If by perfectly you mean really terribly, then yes, perfectly.

Search skill in MLG or Dubs. Guarantee you'll get an even game every time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If I'm playing equally skilled people why is my winrate 70% and K/D over 2 in both games?

You're not. You're playing with equally skilled teams. And your win/rate is higher because you have friends like any normal person.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes thank you. Wow this guy has absolutely no clue what he is talking about lol.

Actually no u. 

"Wah wah everyone sux in Haloz Reach". I bet you never played Arena or searched the MLG or Dubs playlist with skill search turned on.

As for MCC there is no search preference so games are forced to even teams closely with a massive range of skill sets among players. Terrible quality games but close games nonetheless and that is exactly what trueskill is designed to do.

You're all ********.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Still getting problems. Had 2 lost connections during the loading screens, a game end early when one team scored the first bomb and then a game freeze and crash during a loading screen. It doesn't help that the quitting is ridiculous as well.

I hope they also fix the max player list in some of the playlists. The positive was that the H2C hit reg felt better.

You're not. You're playing with equally skilled teams. And your win/rate is higher because you have friends like any normal person.

Shouldn't the "ranking system" put me with other people who also have friends and match me with similarily skilled teams?

Shouldn't the "ranking system" put me with other people who also have friends and match me with similarily skilled teams?

trueskill plays no part in whether 343 decides to enable full party restrictions in a playlist. It will try to put you with a party of evenly skilled players but the chance of that is highly slim as is finding local players as well so it puts you into a game with a 'eh good enough' attitude. You want real even games? Gotta fight for that 'search skill' search option. A 'ranking system' will not change the fact that 50s are being matched with level 1s. Why do people not get it? :/

Just the fact that you posed that question in the first place and used the words ranking system instead of trueskill shows you completely disregard what I'm trying to say in my previous posts.

Any Aussies or Kiwis having issues finding games right now? My bro just messaged me and said he's been trying to find a game for an hour. I played last night and it was working fine. Perhaps a local server issue for us?

Yeah I'm having the same issues. Couldn't get games in playlists other than HCE, H3 and Team Slayer. Also still getting maps not loading and laggy games. Today only got luck with Team Slayer playlist.

Any Aussies or Kiwis having issues finding games right now? My bro just messaged me and said he's been trying to find a game for an hour. I played last night and it was working fine. Perhaps a local server issue for us?

Ive been struggling. about 2 snipers games in 40 minutes, Rumble pit none in 30, and slayer being the only reasonably populated one 3 in 45

( I have no idea wtf is up with my text and I gave up trying to fix it)

Pro Tip: When you copy and paste from other sources, highlight the text and use the little eraser (Second from left on the top row) to remove all the formatting. Now you too can copy/paste like a pro and reap the rewards of readable text. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pro Tip: When you copy and paste from other sources, highlight the text and use the little eraser (Second from left on the top row) to remove all the formatting. Now you too can copy/paste like a pro and reap the rewards of readable text. 

Great thanks

Working timers? I posted about this before but I wondered if I was starting the timers wrong, I started as soon as I was able to move, slightly before, few seconds after, never seemed to be perfect no matter what I tried.

You're supposed to start it right at the black screen or like a split second before. I usually start it right when the loading circle freezes for the second time - the black screen pops up a quarter second after. Before the patch the time would be off usually anywhere from 3-10 seconds. I played about ten or so games yesterday and they were all spot on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

trueskill plays no part in whether 343 decides to enable full party restrictions in a playlist. It will try to put you with a party of evenly skilled players but the chance of that is highly slim as is finding local players as well so it puts you into a game with a 'eh good enough' attitude. You want real even games? Gotta fight for that 'search skill' search option. A 'ranking system' will not change the fact that 50s are being matched with level 1s. Why do people not get it? :/

Just the fact that you posed that question in the first place and used the words ranking system instead of trueskill shows you completely disregard what I'm trying to say in my previous posts.

I'm not arguing that true skill doesn't work as a system. I'm arguing that the game doesn't match me up with evenly skilled people, period. I don't give a flying fuck about why that doesn't happen. All I know is that it was manageable in the past games 10 years ago and now the system pairs me with people of lesser skill. And at fault are some parameters in the system 343 obviously adjusted.

When people are talking about ranking system they generally refer to the WORKING and not cosmetic version of H2-H3 or Reach Arena (postpatch) ranked. I think you know that but you want to argue semantics and imply I don't know what I'm talking about? Ok.

Just give us H3-esque matching restrictions in ranked by default and a toggle like Reach for social playlists, and we'll be good.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well so much for the latest patch:

-Search times are super quick now and I haven't had an uneven match (aside from people quitting in game).

-Fixing HCE and H2 worst issues is welcome

Unfortunately I'm still not motivated to play this game because of these reasons.

-No ranks or skill matching

-No 2v2 for CE

-Still various stuff because of bad ports

I guess I'll wait for the next patch. But kudos to 343, this patch is a step in the right direction.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

aiming feels fine for me on halo 3. just got to adjust a little bit

Aiming is not fine. It is completely alien compared to the 360.

Rumble Pit is STILL 10 people? I hope they didn't plan on keeping it like this.

They didn't want to push out any playlist updates until they were convinced the content update worked.

Same reason why Team Ball isn't out yet.

<p>

I have a few questions before I try to play again because ive been betrayed.

• Does it consistently work searching in parties of two?
  • Is it enough to try to convince my friends to come and play?
  • Do you actually get dedicated servers?
  • Is H2C shot reg better?

Yes

Yes

No idea but all my games have had little to no lag

Yes but still needs work

Dude if you have a high win rate and search solo you get 3 people who basically never played on your team and players that at least know how to play on the other team. That is flawed. That shouldn't be in halo. It should be players of similar skill all around. Not 1 great player with 3 horrible players vs 4 average players. Especially since halo is a game of teamwork, the team of average players will win for sure. I remember that in reach mm, searching solo and matching to4s a lot. Then I'd search with a to4 and match people running solo. 

Halo 3 and Halo 2 had a good ranking system.

Halo Reach Arena season 7+ was the best ranking system because it was all win/loss and you could see where you stood compared to everyone in the world based on division, then on percentage in the division, then on rank in the percentage. In other words, there were a few Onyx 1%'s but there was a leading #1 onyx 1 percent, and that would be the best in the playlist. Where compared to Halo 3, there were 1000's of 50s and a skill gap within that rank, that's flawed too.

We need a good indepth ranking system. The highest rank should literally be the best player in the world, the worst rank should be the worst player in the world! It's terrible right now since a to4 of level 50s can match four randoms searching solo at level 1. What's the point of ranked then lol.

Trueskill works in Reach.

laughing.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

this is going to sound real weird, but who wants to play MCC? I am going to be on all day, let me know. My GT is Batchford

Aiming is not fine. It is completely alien compared to the 360.

I assumed the aim is the "same" as 360, just that the 60fps is making it kinda wacky.