CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Social:

• Team Slayer

I'ma a TS King and I do not approve of this post.

TS has to be ranked an social.

It's hard not to have fun when you go a combined 75-5 in three games. I can't wait to binge tomorrow, goodbye life haha. Dedicated servers, quick searches and working timers. Yes yes yes!

Working timers? I posted about this before but I wondered if I was starting the timers wrong, I started as soon as I was able to move, slightly before, few seconds after, never seemed to be perfect no matter what I tried.

Is there such thing as a TS king lol? Isn't that like saying someone is a grifball pro?

My top 3 Issues Remaining with MCC:

• Ranks/Skill based MM
  • Quitting and Betraying Penalties
  • Playlist Management (Doubles, CE 2v2, H2A 4v4)

Ranked Playlists:

• H1
  • H2A
  • H3
  • Rumble Pit
  • HCS
  • Team Hardcore
  • Team Doubles
  • Team Obj (if they introduce it)

Social:

• Team Slayer
  • H4
  • Snipers
  • SWAT
  • etc.

Just my opinion because I do enjoy some social playlists.

Still not sure how I feel about having H2 and H3 mlg settings in the same playlist.

I searched in a party of two last night and we had no problem finding games. Maybe 30-45 seconds between games. All 4v4 to start. I texted a few friends and told them a lot of the really frustrating stuff seems to be better. the search times and problems searching with a friend were the top 2 things to be fixed on my list.

I believe i was on dedicated servers most games because i heard the countdown beeps after voting. Probably 3 out of 5 games felt like they were on dedicated servers. I only played h2c and it felt way better. i played against a few random people that shots didn't register perfect on but they just seemed to be lagging. The rest felt perfect. I would say on foundation i could cross map and get a good 5 or 6 shot kill or knock them to a sliver of health. Considering that was the norm for close range before this is a huge step forward

Awesome I appreciate the response man, those were my main issues it was so impossible to search with people and stay together, hopefully ill be able to hop on soon to test it all out and actually play a solid session for once.

aiming feels fine for me on halo 3. just got to adjust a little bit

It's not fine, some things you could do on the 360 aren't possible on xbone. I can't be bothered to give examples atm, plus some people can't see a difference between the two even though they're almost night and day so trying to explain would be pointless.

H3 aiming is not as it was on 360, nor is it like the aiming in the other 4 games on MCC especially the non CE ones. It just is wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just played with Jazzy in CE, I had mad nerd chills the whole time while my friend embarrassed me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there such thing as a TS king lol? Isn't that like saying someone is a grifball pro?

Still not sure how I feel about having H2 and H3 mlg settings in the same playlist.

ideally I'd like to see them rotated every 2 or 4 weeks. I enjoy both but I wouldn't want to play them simultaneously.

It's the most popular playlist (outside of maybe BTB or H2A). Considering it takes the least teamwork and is one of the more stress-free gametypes, I always prefer it social.

Bigshow y u gotta quit on us

I did?!

I've had a lot I'd crashes and games ending early tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've had lopsided games throughout reach, 4 and MCC

"Trueskill" is a myth

No it isn't. No matter how good you are at a game such as Call of Duty and that you search by yourself 100% of the time, you will maintain a 50% win rate no matter what. Trueskill has always worked to create close matches even in Reach and 4. (Unless you are willing to go 44-3 every match)

• Downvote (-1) 3

I've had lopsided games throughout reach, 4 and MCC

"Trueskill" is a myth

It is a myth in Halo, but I know for sure that the Advanced Warfare one is working. I got barely positive, even or barely negative every game. It's fantastic. Reach/4 was basically just a mollywop every time. MCC seems no better.

It's the most popular playlist (outside of maybe BTB or H2A). Considering it takes the least teamwork and is one of the more stress-free gametypes, I always prefer it social.

Well I like my TS sunny side Ranked  :wub:

No it isn't. No matter how good you are at a game such as Call of Duty and that you search by yourself 100% of the time, you will maintain a 50% win rate no matter what. Trueskill has always worked to create close matches even in Reach and 4. (Unless you are willing to go 44-3 every match)

What the fuck you talking about? Just because you play by yourself 100% doesn't at all mean you'll have a 50% win rate. And I have no clue if there actually was trueskill in Reach, but if there was it didn't work at all. Like none. The pro's made their own game out of going -50 first then coming back and winning to prove this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Played Goldenboy and everyone in the lobby decided to pick H3 ARs on Foundry for some reason. Lost cus of some bad teammates.

What the fuck you talking about? Just because you play by yourself 100% doesn't at all mean you'll have a 50% win rate. And I have no clue if there actually was trueskill in Reach, but if there was it didn't work at all. Like none. The pro's made their own game out of going -50 first then coming back and winning to prove this point.

Do I really have to argue with a moron who doesn't understand how MM works?

Anyone who exclusively plays by themselves won't achieve a win/loss higher than 60% or Lower than 40%. It just doesn't happen because Trueskill will evenly distribute players on both teams to level them out evenly even if it means putting a top tier player with a bunch of morons who can barely get 3 kills versus average players. Reach does it perfectly just like every other mainstream shooter out there. And that 'game' you mentioned that was played by pros is a direct result of overwriting the trueskill system by searching in full teams and matching randoms using the 'quickest' search option. Trueskill works in Reach. If you search by skill preference in parties it will try as hard as it can to find players of your skill level or you simply wont get a game. In Reach I simply cannot match any guests or shit players in dubs because my win/rate is that high (98%). Searching skill will only pit you against player's of your party's skill.

Searching quickest in a game with no ranks, not searching skill and complaining they aren't matching people of their skill level.

Potatoes gunna tate 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Any Aussies or Kiwis having issues finding games right now? My bro just messaged me and said he's been trying to find a game for an hour. I played last night and it was working fine. Perhaps a local server issue for us?

Do I really have to argue with a moron who doesn't understand how MM works?

Anyone who exclusively plays by themselves won't achieve a win/loss higher than 60% or Lower than 40%. It just doesn't happen because Trueskill will evenly distribute players on both teams to level them out evenly even if it means putting a top tier player with a bunch of morons who can barely get 3 kills versus average players. Reach does it perfectly just like every other mainstream shooter out there. And that 'game' you mentioned that was played by pros is a direct result of overwriting the trueskill system by searching in full teams and matching randoms using the 'quickest' search option. Trueskill works in Reach. If you search by skill preference in parties it will try as hard as it can to find players of your skill level or you simply wont get a game. In Reach I simply cannot match any guests or shit players in dubs because my win/rate is that high (98%). Searching skill will only pit you against player's of your party's skill.

Searching quickest in a game with no ranks and complaining they aren't matching people of their skill level.

Potatoes gunna tate 

I really don't even have to respond to the rest because clearly from the bolded statement you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reach does it perfectly just like every other mainstream shooter out there.

If by perfectly you mean really terribly, then yes, perfectly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If by perfectly you mean really terribly, then yes, perfectly.

Yes thank you. Wow this guy has absolutely no clue what he is talking about lol.