CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

anyone who says halo2 shot reg is good is bullshitting. just played 8 h2c games and its still worse than xbc west coast (im east coast)

Its better than it was. I didn't play a lot of H2C because of hit reg, but I can at least connect shots cross map on foundation now.

its nice to see how the mood of the forum looks like when things do seem to roll

quite different to the time when i joined a few month ago, around the time MCC has been released :)

the update really made me look forward to the next one, fully baked updates are the way to go for 343i

What exactly is District's place in Slayer, specifically BTB Slayer? It looks like a prerequisite map for Invasion, not vanilla BR BTB.

I just played a match on District and holy crap nobody cares about the canal, the alleyways, the vantage point ledges, let alone more than a measly 2% of the play area outside Parking Garage.

It's hard not to have fun when you go a combined 75-5 in three games. I can't wait to binge tomorrow, goodbye life haha. Dedicated servers, quick searches and working timers. Yes yes yes!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a few questions before I try to play again because ive been betrayed.

• Does it consistently work searching in parties of two?
  • Is it enough to try to convince my friends to come and play?
  • Do you actually get dedicated servers?
  • Is H2C shot reg better?

I need to learn how to 'force' spawns in CE lol. I got schooled.

mintogrades halospawns.com is a great site for that

make sure to have box 1, 4 and 6 ticked when going through the maps, then you really learn it in no time

(say 10-20 minutes a map at max)

• Upvote (+1) 1

anyone who says halo2 shot reg is good is bullshitting. just played 8 h2c games and its still worse than xbc west coast (im east coast)

played it last night and it felt terrible....granted it was 7 am for me...not sure if that had anything to do with it...and it wasnt on dedis

Halo CE BTB had some horrible lag to the point that the entire match closed. H2 BTB is wonderful and a blast. H3 BTB has some issues, but overall a lot of fun.

H4 BTB on Vanhalla is one of the most disgusting things I have ever played in a video game. How could anyone have thought the Mantis was a good idea? HOW?

At least the match technically worked well. Except for the "game" part of it, I mean.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm never going to be able to play this damn update lol.

Yesterday: CU came out too late in the day

Today: Ate something wrong and feeling sick, now I'm sitting in my bed watching Netflix and on my phone

Tomorrow: Friends are going to pressure me to raid with them in Destiny and I'll probably give in

• Upvote (+1) 2

<p>

I searched in a party of two last night and we had no problem finding games. Maybe 30-45 seconds between games. All 4v4 to start. I texted a few friends and told them a lot of the really frustrating stuff seems to be better. the search times and problems searching with a friend were the top 2 things to be fixed on my list.

I believe i was on dedicated servers most games because i heard the countdown beeps after voting. Probably 3 out of 5 games felt like they were on dedicated servers. I only played h2c and it felt way better. i played against a few random people that shots didn't register perfect on but they just seemed to be lagging. The rest felt perfect. I would say on foundation i could cross map and get a good 5 or 6 shot kill or knock them to a sliver of health. Considering that was the norm for close range before this is a huge step forward

• Upvote (+1) 2

It consistently worked in parties for me with one exception; searching BTB with 7 was a fruitless endeavor(6 was fine).

No word on us getting dedis or not, but every matchmade game I had felt great. I played at least 2 or 3 rounds of every game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As he mentioned, I played again last night with @@pr0gress, and again, it was a pleasure.  Dude is good.  Smart.  Communicates well.  You should click that little green Xbox thing under his name and add him.

Yeah h2 classic hit detection still isn't great. It's good and definitely an improvement, but still not great.

soo....i searched snipers got a game unreasonably quick. game starts its battle creek plasma pistol FFA. WTF JUST HAPPENED LOL random fun but something is for sure screwed up lol

I'm never going to be able to play this damn update lol.

Yesterday: CU came out too late in the day

Today: Ate something wrong and feeling sick, now I'm sitting in my bed watching Netflix and on my phone

Tomorrow: Friends are going to pressure me to raid with them in Destiny and I'll probably give in

Why am I compelled to play Destiny? I hated 99% of my time playing it. Does Bungie have subliminal advertising or something.

Today/tonight was the most fun I've had playing Halo in too fucking long.

ANYBODY WHOSE ON HMU IVE BEEN DYING FOR THIS LEGGO

Searching is finally as quick as searching in Reach for me. And I mean current Reach lol.

ANYBODY WHOSE ON HMU IVE BEEN DYING FOR THIS LEGGO

I dunno why but reading this made me laugh my ass off..

I really am glad that the networking has been mostly fixed. But we need ranks, quitting penalties and betrayal booting ASAP.

Playing Team Hardcore is fun, but this playlist was NEVER meant to be unranked. It just makes no sense. Going in by yourself is a huge crapshoot.

My top 3 Issues Remaining with MCC:

• Ranks/Skill based MM
  • Quitting and Betraying Penalties
  • Playlist Management (Doubles, CE 2v2, H2A 4v4)

Ranked Playlists:

• H1
  • H2A
  • H3
  • Rumble Pit
  • HCS
  • Team Hardcore
  • Team Doubles
  • Team Obj (if they introduce it)

Social:

• Team Slayer
  • H4
  • Snipers
  • SWAT
  • etc.

Just my opinion because I do enjoy some social playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Cant not have a ranked TS playlist though, TS dominates MM population in both ranked and social

• Upvote (+1) 3