CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Spartan0S36, on 04 Mar 2015 - 9:08 PM, said:

I also wish we could "draw" our own emblems. I want a signature emblem if I want to attempt forming a clan in the far future...

Yeah, only problem would be the massive amount of dicks being made

And dicks with swastikas 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I havent seen much improvment if any yet.

Ive had lobbies crash, games end for no reason, CE hit reg still wasnt great - much the same

Yeah the "game ending for no reason" is the host trying to quit out. Which also of course means no dedicated servers because that wouldn't happen in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why wouldn't a mod PM us when they decide to strip our posts away?

We don't have time to send a PM to every single user when we removed a post. Most times we remove posts because they're breaking our rules and really don't require a PM either.

Just played 3 hours of CE playlist. No uneven teams. Fast searching. Fucking good times.

• Upvote (+1) 2

BS.

Yeah, let me just send 20 users a PM telling them the blatantly obvious.

During this whole time, not a single person as sent me a PM.

Cannot wait for the ranking system in all playlists.

Unbelievable with people either quitting, or people that don't know how to fucking use their thumbs.

yjlQowZ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

So its working well? 

Fixing to have a long halo session tonight it seems

On one hand I fucking hate quitters, on the other hand I fucking hate Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's cool and all that the patch fixed a lot of stuff, but I think when/if real skill based rankings are implemented the community is going to see how big of a hit the player base took from this botched launch. Myself and 3 friends (who have been playing Halo for 13 years) all got the game on launch day and bought an XBOX just for Halo, since that time we have all sold the Xbox because it was worthless without a functioning game. I really don't think the population numbers will be able to sustain a true skill based ranking system and maintain fast queue times. 

The bad launch made very dedicated fans walk away from Halo for the last time, and i don't think MCC can recoup that fan base. Halo 5 might be able to make up for it, but I really doubt a true skill based ranking system is going to go over well in MCC. 

On one hand I fucking hate quitters, on the other hand I fucking hate Halo 4.

Is it still pre-patch Halo 4? I know it's a hated game but I want a third party confirmation...

Regardless of ranks, Microsoft's Trueskill matchmaking still should, in theory, be operating in the background so you don't end up w/ so many lopsided games.  I wonder if Trueskill got reset for the patch and it will take time to even out again. ??

Regardless of ranks, Microsoft's Trueskill matchmaking still should, in theory, be operating in the background so you don't end up w/ so many lopsided games.  I wonder if Trueskill got reset for the patch and it will take time to even out again. ??

I've had lopsided games throughout reach, 4 and MCC

"Trueskill" is a myth

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got to play six slayer games all without any issues so far. but the range of skill of the players was incredibly wide, often with players on both teams who either were clearly experienced players, or who looked like they had never picked up a controller before.

I'm going to start screen-shotting my end-game scores in halo CE just to show how the playlist direly needs ranks.

I've had team mates who were selectively responsive, meaning from the start they won't move until a minute in, and just wander around in one area of the map indecisively.

Cannot wait for the ranking system in all playlists.

Unbelievable with people either quitting, or people that don't know how to fucking use their thumbs.

yjlQowZ.jpg

Filthy thumbless casuals.... Seriously, us beyond people really have to start playing together.

• Upvote (+1) 2

blame the ranking system, a working one wouldn't match you up with bad players.

This is still their first legit step. Ranking should hopefully come soon.

Majority of games I have right now are still pretty lopsided, except for maybe 10% of my games.

mj-laughing.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

"Dedicated Servers"

Every game I played last night had at least one person doing the skip around the map lag. Crazy. Played customs and it felt great...matchmaking was suspect for me...maybe it was me playing at 7 am and there was no one close enough or some shit....but it made no sense. I want dedis too :(

xboxdvr.com/Droid+CE/1a62cfa8-48d2-4cf8-b1f5-0cfcf551bb5d

Add my tag

Akademik da kid

I think we need to get ppl for customs. No ranks = I'm quitting when I get raped. Only one game had full parties for me last night till the end. There is no fun in playing with a man down, on either team. I'll be doing customs till ranks come out with the rare MM search here and there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just played Defy in hardcore. He dropped 50 kills in CTF midship

That was fun tho. I had one other good guy on my team and he had 1 other good dude.

Yo does anyone know whats their progress on the H3 maps and gametypes? I haven't heard anything about that lately, but I could have sworn that they said at one point that they were almost ready, couple months ago... Also, is the "aiming not feeling right" still a thing on H3?

Its still messed up, but the one thing I've noticed is that more people are noticing it.

H3_zpsefmkfq76.png

H32_zpsidqagzix.png

Maybe now something will be done about it.

• Upvote (+1) 3