CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I haven't had a notification to download the latest patch yet, anything I can do? Or are they releasing it slowly?

The first wave of powerup grabs is always such a mystery, haha - after that, you just have to kind of adjust and hope that you can remember.

Timing nade jumps when you're 4 seconds off is the hardest part, honestly. BC and Dammy come to mind.

I can't count the amount of times I've died because the power ups have been off by just a few seconds. Losing control of camo/rockets and going down by 10 kills makes me want to rip what hair I have left out. You don't realize how important one second is until you either die from a barrage of nades or live to get a double kill with OS.

I haven't had a notification to download the latest patch yet, anything I can do? Or are they releasing it slowly?

You probably already downloaded it while your console is off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Try searching matchmaking, if the background is different while trying to find a match then the patch downloaded while your system was in standby mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You probably already downloaded it while your console is off.

Try searching matchmaking, if the background is different while trying to find a match then the patch downloaded while your system was in standby mode.

Thank you guys, I do leave my console in standby a lot. 

Felt good so far. I have no idea if I am hosting or not though. Any sure fire ways to tell if you have host?

when you have the pistol/sniper/rocket zoom sound then you are host (CE)

in a dedi game everyone has the sound

alternatively press X during the map choice to see who is the session leader and therefore P2P host

(unsure how this would be displayed on a dedi host then, id just go with the zoom sound tbh)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one here that is getting dedis every single time? I hear the countdown timer every game and my shots are always hitting. I know it's not host because I have played with friends who simultaneously hear the timer.

Right on.. it's been a while so I forget my method but I think @@Mintograde found out a relatively consistent way of starting your timer. I can have it backwards, but it's either customs or matchmaking where you start it once the loading circle hesitates for the 2nd time. I think customs.. MM I'd start as soon as i see the map?

Quake Arena Arcade tournament tonight on the 360 so I'll be on tomorrow for sure.

MM and customs were the same as long as it was a player hosting. Dedicated servers started the game first, and then let players join in, so times were off by 7 to 10 seconds (I never got actual confirmation that early powerups == dedicated server, but nobody told me I was wrong either).

They changed the way maps load in this patch, though, so the 2nd-freeze-start isn't perfectly accurate anymore. The loading circle starts spinning again after the second freeze. My guess is the game waits for all players to load the map before starting the game now. I think you need to start the timer right before the map loading screen disappears, but I haven't played enough games to be sure.

For now I've just been starting my timer as soon as the second-freeze-circle starts spinning again, and powerups are either right on time or a couple seconds late.

I don't mean to sound like the only downer here... but this patch doesn't really matter that much IMO. Its great that the functionality is there, which will let them focus on the other issues, but the lack of skill-based MM'ing, no ranks, people quitting like crazy, etc. are there still. Theres still almost no point to playing. I still don't have any reason or desire to get on and play MM when none of the games are competitive and there's no goal for me. Like I said, I'm relieved the game is working like a retail game after 4 months, but I don't think people should be "grateful" or whatever the kids are saying at Waypoint. The game should have shipped like this, with ranks and even matchmaking.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised about them fixing Halo 2 shot reg. Is it really fixed though? I hope. What about Halo CE anti-aim? Is it really fixed? Are melee's still borderline laughable in CE?

Lastly, they didn't address any of the Halo 3 issues including sound and how the game doesn't record stats for that game. I'm trying out the patch now to see if they maybe didn't mention it in the patch notes, but I'm doubtful. Bravo also said in his update that "they are working on next month's update", so don't expect anything for at least another month. I guess its another month of customs only.

All in all I'm glad the game is fixed technically, but none of us should be thanking 343. They created this garbage. We still have a long way to go.

• Upvote (+1) 7

went home for my lunch and fired up mcc, it updated in the background, so i was able to jump straight into multiplayer. i chose halo ce playlist and it found 3v3 in about 15 seconds.

The match only lasted about 7 mins. my team was losing 20 to 9 and then we came back to tie at 32 to 32 and then went on to win 50 to 42. Incredible match.

I can only imagine what it will be like when ranks get turned on.

Looks like the patch fi ally fixed halo.. now we need ranked playlists.

I only get to play MCC like maybe once a week, looking forward to jumping into it and god hoping, getting match after match all night

I will sure as hell thank 343 for not just giving up on MCC and moving everyone over to h5. I am grateful the game runs 100x better. That doesn't mean I don't think there are plenty of functionality issues left. It just means I am grateful they didn't just give up.

When you land your first ever BLB  :walshy:

Dropped 43 kills in a 3v3 on priz where my teammates quit out. So yes, I won a Priz 3v1.

I will sure as hell thank 343 for not just giving up on MCC and moving everyone over to h5. I am grateful the game runs 100x better. That doesn't mean I don't think there are plenty of functionality issues left. It just means I am grateful they didn't just give up.

I think you belong over at Waypoint.

We shouldn't be thanking them for "not giving up", because they had no choice in the matter. Leaving the game broken would have lost even more people and it was a requirement for not damaging their name even further. I can't believe you actually. How can you say such a thing? Yes. We should thank 343 for not fucking us over. That makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I.....I.......think.......I....just played on a dedicated server....

Oh my god.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I.....I.......think.......I....just played on a dedicated server....

Oh my god.

Now.... GET RID OF SMH STARTS IN HALO 2.

MM and customs were the same as long as it was a player hosting. Dedicated servers started the game first, and then let players join in, so times were off by 7 to 10 seconds (I never got actual confirmation that early powerups == dedicated server, but nobody told me I was wrong either).

They changed the way maps load in this patch, though, so the 2nd-freeze-start isn't perfectly accurate anymore. The loading circle starts spinning again after the second freeze. My guess is the game waits for all players to load the map before starting the game now. I think you need to start the timer right before the map loading screen disappears, but I haven't played enough games to be sure.

For now I've just been starting my timer as soon as the second-freeze-circle starts spinning again, and powerups are either right on time or a couple seconds late.

Playing last night on Dere with @@Hard Way I started mine right at black screen before map start and it was right on. Not sure if it was p2p or a dedicated server. Let us know if you figure anymore out on this!

• Upvote (+1) 1