CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Kinda sad I sold my Xbox,considering the update worked and my tax return was better than expected. Oh well, glad it's working for you guys!

So excited to get on and play tonight. Going to be teaching Fak3 Tittys (Censored) some advanced H1, so if anyone wants to play some 2v2s, hit us up after about 6:30pm ET

I could play. I will let you know

Let's take a moment to appreciate that loud music during game searching has been replaced with neutral ambient noise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My first game of Halo 1 I got a Killtastrophe on Wizard and ended up with about 33 kills, was hype as fuck, and then my teammates each had 4 kills and I lost by 9

We back.

Plz add ranks ASAP @@Frankie @@Bravo

The what and the what now?

• Upvote (+1) 2

ranks should be a server-side update, i doubt it requires a downloadable update to exchange some libabries or so

therefore i dont think well have to wait one more month for ranks, 343i is probably waiting a week or two to see how the update works out and furthermore how it is accepted within the community and then will introduce ranks

I'll be home at about 5:15PM and I'll be on the grind.

WE BACK, NEARLY.

are you home yet

Has any CE guys played extensively since the update? How much has improved? Anti-Aim completely gone? What did the update shot wise?

Should I get back on my xbox one?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has any CE guys played extensively since the update? How much has improved? Anti-Aim completely gone? What did the update shot wise?

ThreeShotPistol said this on page 1789

I'll only speak about Halo 1 in custom games and MM since that is all I play. Anti aim is finally gone. Even better however ( and quite unexpected) is that they actually made the shot leading feel quite close to OG both on host and off. Extremely pleased with this update on the Halo 1 side of things.

Still a ways to go to be considered an acceptable remaster *see halobugs.com but this game is now officially in a state where I can enjoy Halo 1 legitimately. Played one MM game. Found opponents quick. We searched in party of 3. Didn't get split. Vs 3 opponents on Dere game ran smoothly. Halo 1 is still far better on peer to peer than in MM.

Overall rating for this update is 10/10

That said, there is still much to be addressed. Looking forward to future updates. Well done 343. Keep this up I might buy Halo 5 for you just for making Halo 1 online a reality for me.

#ChildhoodDream

I haven't had anti-aim in the 15-ish games I've played since last night. Everything that seems like it should be hitting is.

Matchmade H1 games also end when the entire enemy team quits.

I haven't had anti-aim in the 15-ish games I've played since last night. Everything that seems like it should be hitting is.

Matchmade H1 games also end when the entire enemy team quits.

Hmmm.. I'll have to give it a shot then.

@@BigShow36 ready to kick ass and take names?

Hmmm.. I'll have to give it a shot then.

@@BigShow36 ready to kick ass and take names?

Absolutely. I have had two games freeze up on me, which never happened before, but other than that game is feeling good.

The one thing that is really irking me lately though is weapon timing. It's always a guessing game as to when to start your timer, and against good players being off even just a couple of seconds makes a huge difference. I think it would be awesome if they added a small game clock in the lower right corner, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Absolutely. I have had two games freeze up on me, which never happened before, but other than that game is feeling good.

The one thing that is really irking me lately though is weapon timing. It's always a guessing game as to when to start your timer, and against good players being off even just a couple of seconds makes a huge difference. I think it would be awesome if they added a small game clock in the lower right corner, but I doubt that will ever happen.

The first wave of powerup grabs is always such a mystery, haha - after that, you just have to kind of adjust and hope that you can remember.

Timing nade jumps when you're 4 seconds off is the hardest part, honestly. BC and Dammy come to mind.

Right on.. it's been a while so I forget my method but I think @@Mintograde found out a relatively consistent way of starting your timer. I can have it backwards, but it's either customs or matchmaking where you start it once the loading circle hesitates for the 2nd time. I think customs.. MM I'd start as soon as i see the map?

Quake Arena Arcade tournament tonight on the 360 so I'll be on tomorrow for sure.

Right on.. it's been a while so I forget my method but I think @@Mintograde found out a relatively consistent way of starting your timer. I can have it backwards, but it's either customs or matchmaking where you start it once the loading circle hesitates for the 2nd time. I think customs.. MM I'd start as soon as i see the map?

Quake Arena Arcade tournament tonight on the 360 so I'll be on tomorrow for sure.

prior to the patch it was

MM: start when the circle freezes for the second time

customs: start when the game begins to start (blackscreen to enter the map)

havent played with the new patch yet, hope this helps though