CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

More than one person can get a powerup if they stand on the item spawn point in just the right way.

Crouch when you impact the ground to negate fall damage.

When backpack reloading (pressing X twice), you can throw a grenade in the process.

There's an unlimited ammo glitch but don't be a dick.

I bet the unlimited ammo glitch will be exploited like crazy if CE ever gets ranks.

Beyond is going to die because MCC doesn't have ranks?

What the fuck are you smoking.

Wish I was smoking something. I'm trying to say team beyond's audience is mostly competitive halo (assumption) and with Halo 5 coming and tournaments being run with sprint, I think the audience just has fatigue around trying to hold onto the hope that Halo will be good again. No ranks in MCC is just kind of the last straw. Unless you're playing with friends, it's just not fun to continually play MCC stomping quitters and it looks like ranks will never be added at this point, e.g.: vastly reducing replay ability of MCC. Then with Halo 5, it's just boring as hell to watch the game just like HR and H4. So in sum, what I'm saying is that hope is what held up Halo over the last 5 years that it might change in the next Halo or that at least MCC would always be there but now neither of those things is going to happen because ranks in MCC aren't happening and Halo 5 will competitively be run with sprint and 90% of people here hate sprint. So now there's not a whole lot to discuss or publish about since the competitive audience in Halo is going to die off over the next couple years imo.

How long does a certification process even take?

Usually 3-4 days.

Wish I was smoking something. I'm trying to say team beyond's audience is mostly competitive halo (assumption) and with Halo 5 coming and tournaments being run with sprint, I think the audience just has fatigue around trying to hold onto the hope that Halo will be good again. No ranks in MCC is just kind of the last straw. Unless you're playing with friends, it's just not fun to continually play MCC stomping quitters and it looks like ranks will never be added at this point, e.g.: vastly reducing replay ability of MCC. Then with Halo 5, it's just boring as hell to watch the game just like HR and H4. So in sum, what I'm saying is that hope is what held up Halo over the last 5 years that it might change in the next Halo or that at least MCC would always be there but now neither of those things is going to happen because ranks in MCC aren't happening and Halo 5 will competitively be run with sprint and 90% of people here hate sprint. So now there's not a whole lot to discuss or publish about since the competitive audience in Halo is going to die off over the next couple years imo.

Our audience isn't primarily the competitive Halo scene. Our forums are, sure but our overall audience isn't. Ranks will be added if this patch actually works so matches aren't 5v35436 and all that shit. 

Is the patch even in cert? That timeline we got wasn't much of a timeline. Seemed more like a we better say something to say something so make up some bullshit.

Anyone have some spare tinfoil?

Honestly I think the state that MCC is in helps the site more than hurts it. Especially with the amount of people I've seen that somehow think Beyond made the game. When will @@Saucey fix his damn game?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Neither Gamestop or Walmart had Dragon Ball Xenoverse last Thursday when I went to try and pick it up

Crazy, Never had that happen to me.      

And not get the statue or play at midnight. Sure, I will not get/do the things I enjoy because you dont like it.

I'm sorry I dont partake in the whole "stop liking things I don't like" thing.

I see clearances all the time for this limited edition garbage. I got the splinter cell remote control plane edition for like 20 bucks lol. And you can still buy a copy at midnight without a pre-order or you can pre-order from an honest retailer that doesn't demand a deposit.

I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but please stop trying to talk like you understand our site stats, growth and future plans. I've seen a couple armchair critics now talk about how this site will die randomly in the last few weeks and it's quite funny. Considering the bad state MCC is in now, our site has more than tripled since this time last year and we have a lot of things in motion for the upcoming year to help the overall Halo community and grow Beyond.

I respect your opinion on the matter, but please stop with the rubbish already.

I'm not sure if you didn't read my post or are ignoring a key part of it to make your point but I said specifically in the second sentence "I'm trying to say team beyond's audience is mostly competitive halo (assumption)"   So I'm not pretending to know your stats, I literally stated that I was making an assumption. 

So playing Halo is still really fun and all, but I can only imagine how fun this game is going to be once it really starts working for everyone. I don't run in to too many problems on the MCC, but I know people who are affected by these problems. So I can't wait for this thing to work so that I can just play with groups of people with ease.

I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but please stop trying to talk like you understand our site stats, growth and future plans. I've seen a couple armchair critics now talk about how this site will die randomly in the last few weeks and it's quite funny. Considering the bad state MCC is in now, our site has more than tripled since this time last year and we have a lot of things in motion for the upcoming year to help the overall Halo community and grow Beyond.

Based Cyren. I already have TeamBeyond net as my clan tag, if there's ANYTHING else I can do to contribute to the website (buying premium as soon as I can) let me know. I want nothing more than for this site to grow and show the "casuals" how destructive sprint among other things really are. I love Halo with all my heart and I feel like this site is the last bastion of hope for competitive Halo. I really want Halo to succeed more than anything else. I don't have a whole lot going on in my life to be honest, MCC has been a major disappointment thus far and it's making me kind of depressed, I'm not afraid to admit it.

You know, most kids watched Football or Basketball and aspired to be the next Michael Jordan or Barry Sanders. I wasn't into that, I always aspired to be the next Walshy, Pistola or Ogre 2. This game has been a huge part of my life for a long time and watching it go down the shitter due to 343's incompetence/casualizing is a serious blow. I put all my eggs in one basket, unfortunately. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not sure if you didn't read my post or are ignoring a key part of it to make your point but I said specifically in the second sentence "I'm trying to say team beyond's audience is mostly competitive halo (assumption)"  

So I'm not pretending to know your stats, I literally stated that I was making an assumption.

I can respect the assumption, but I'm telling you the facts (why I replied to you). Hope that clears things up, yes our forum has a lot of competitive players but it isn't everything we have or why people come here.

Based Cyren. I already have TeamBeyond net as my clan tag, if there's ANYTHING else I can do to contribute to the website (buying premium as soon as I can) let me know. I want nothing more than for this site to grow and show the "casuals" how destructive sprint among other things really are. I love Halo with all my heart and I feel like this site is the last bastion of hope for competitive Halo. I really want Halo to succeed more than anything else. I don't have a whole lot going on in my life to be honest, MCC has been a major disappointment thus far and it's making me kind of depressed, I'm not afraid to admit it.

Thanks for the support!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I put all my eggs in one basket, unfortunately. 

You have to be between 21-29ish. You can do anything you want still. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can respect the assumption, but I'm telling you the facts (why I replied to you). Hope that clears things up, yes our forum has a lot of competitive players but it isn't everything we have or why people come here.

Thanks for the support!

No problem, anytime.

Yeah, I'm 19. On the path to becoming a pharmacologist, I just really wanted that opportunity to be in the limelight.  :)  It's all good, watching the finals/HCS is like watching the super bowl for me. I don't even have to compete to get enjoyment out of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its like Day 1 again. Every game is unbalanced. Whats going on? 

How did MCC take a backwards step without releasing a patch..

I see clearances all the time for this limited edition garbage. I got the splinter cell remote control plane edition for like 20 bucks lol. And you can still buy a copy at midnight without a pre-order or you can pre-order from an honest retailer that doesn't demand a deposit.

Or I spent my money how I see fit and purchase what I want when I want. I should be able to do that without being belittled by random people on the internet who do not know me but seem to be quick to judge me.

• Downvote (-1) 3

If this patch fixes MCC, I hope GB starts up Halo 3 brackets

Actually, Ladders for all the games.

I'd join a Halo 3 dubs, 4's and a Halo 2C Dubs and 4s Ladder.

I put all my eggs in one basket, unfortunately. 

I never understood where that mentality comes from... there are people in their fifties, sixties and early seventies learning new things and excelling at them each and every day.

If you want to get into a different game like fighting or strategy then do it! You might enjoy them more than you did Halo in it's prime. (you never know) 

If video games aren't your thing anymore and you wanna start putting your eggs into a different kind of competitive "basket" then try your hand at card games (magic, poker, etc). Not to mention sports are always there for you to get into as well. 

If you don't love Halo anymore then just move on until Halo is back to where you want it. This isn't slavery. You're free to take up whatever hobby you want and try to be the best you can be at it!

• Upvote (+1) 3

All the drama has been making the site grow LOL.

H1 LAN in Indianapolis March 19th-22nd. PM Fight or myself if interested.

P.S. Playing on OG equipment, not this MCC garb.

• Upvote (+1) 1