CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

That is incredibly optimistic of you...

I know, but the way Microsoft is managing itself right now is extremely different from the way they did it a few years ago or in the 90s. They're trying to get a good rep and be a good company in the eyes of the public. It would be pretty dumb of them to not fix this mess. Frankly, I'm more worried about bringing the population back up.

I really gotta type that long ass link into my browser? Shit is gonna take forever. Where dem cliff notes?

Just google the title of the reddit article you can see in the picture, that's how I found it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't the matchmaking portion outsourced? I mean, I still blame 343 for this mess, but if they're rewriting the entire matchmaking/party/etc system then that's a big task. Their error (this time) was giving the February timeline.

I have no doubt they're going to fix this mess entirely, it's just that they should be handling the PR much differently.

Anything in particular that makes you feel that way? Or are you just wishing on a prayer?

Because if their track record speaks for itself - we're screwed.

Anything in particular that makes you feel that way? Or are you just wishing on a prayer?

Because if their track record speaks for itself - we're screwed.

I know, but the way Microsoft is managing itself right now is extremely different from the way they did it a few years ago or in the 90s. They're trying to get a good rep and be a good company in the eyes of the public. It would be pretty dumb of them to not fix this mess. Frankly, I'm more worried about bringing the population back up.

Also, note that Halo 5 worked almost flawlessly (For what it was meant to be anyways), and that was 343s project entirely. This was mostly outsourced.

Also, note that Halo 5 worked almost flawlessly (For what it was meant to be anyways), and that was 343s project entirely. This was mostly outsourced.

Soooooo MCC will be entirely fixed because the H5 beta worked?

Soooooo MCC will be entirely fixed because the H5 beta worked?

No, I'm saying that MCC is a mess because everything was outsourced then sorta glued together. It seems 343 is rewriting a lot of things from scratch for this upcoming CU, so I'm optimistic it will work. My point was that if you want a sample of pure 343 code, then the H5 beta gives you that (and it worked fine).

No, I'm saying that MCC is a mess because everything was outsourced then sorta glued together. It seems 343 is rewriting a lot of things from scratch for this upcoming CU, so I'm optimistic it will work. My point was that if you want a sample of pure 343 code, then the H5 beta gives you that (and it worked fine).

Do you happen to know what particular portions were "outsourced?"  Because, from what I have observed is that everyone throws out the blanket stament, "343 outsourced the game, so its not their fault" without really having any amplifying information to validate that they are without fault.

If you tell me all they were responsible for is advertising for MCC, or the artwork for H2A, or some other cosmetic crap - then sure - I will concede to your assesment.  Sure the H5 beta, for the most part worked, I am not aguing that - but its just hard for me to not find fault in the fail that is MCC when ultimately its their responsibility to ensure that the consumer receives the game that they stood on stage and promised "Would be just like you remembered!!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you happen to know what particular portions were "outsourced?"  Because, from what I have observed is that everyone throws out the blanket stament, "343 outsourced the game, so its not their fault" without really having any amplifying information to validate that they are without fault.

If you tell me all they were responsible for is advertising for MCC, or the artwork for H2A, or some other cosmetic crap - then sure - I will concede to your assesment.  Sure the H5 beta, for the most part worked, I am not aguing that - but its just hard for me to not find fault in the fail that is MCC when ultimately its their responsibility to ensure that the consumer receives the game that they stood on stage and promised "Would be just like you remembered!!"

Certain Affinity - H2A Multiplayer

Saber - H2A Campaign 

Ruffian Games - Halo 3 and 4

United Front Games - Unified Interface

343 - UI Design, online system, more minor things. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Certain Affinity - H2A Multiplayer

Saber - H2A Campaign 

Ruffian Games - Halo 3 and 4

United Front Games - Unified Interface

343 - UI Design, online system, more minor things. 

Blur Studios - cinematics for H2A

The actual people to blame at 343 for MCC is maybe 20 people, outta the whole team.

Blur Studios - cinematics for H2A

Always forget those guys

Sorry if I made any typos but I'm in bed, tired and on my phone.

Never apologize. It's a sign of weakness.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just the fact that Dan Ayoub was pretty much the spokesperson for MCC, came out at E3 and (awkwardly) announced MCC, etc. and then goes COMPLETELY silent with not ONE word spoken since November 11th. Not one "Hey guys, hard at work", or "Hey dudes, sorry". Nope. Nothing. 

Its absolutely mind numbing.

I heard Ayoub took a new job at Bonafide Boarding 

• Upvote (+1) 4

If this upcoming patch doesn't fix alot of stuff then I don't care anymore.

If this upcoming patch doesn't fix alot of stuff then I don't care anymore.

Just a lot?   If they havnt spent the past 100+ days making the game fully functional - im going to lose my shit. 

Just a lot?   If they havnt spent the past 100+ days making the game fully functional - im going to lose my shit.

Haven't they already said thus update is only for online issues like party's, search times, ect. I wouldn't expect this update to make the game fully working.

Never apologize. It's a sign of weakness.

I don't know if I should apologize for apologizing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't know there was a HCS Cup today. There goes all hope of a patch release

Damn, didn't know that either. I was still hopping it may make it this weekend.

Didn't know there was a HCS Cup today. There goes all hope of a patch release

They released one during a HCS Cup before, don't be too shocked if it happened again. They want it out there as soon as it is done in certification.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a lot? If they havnt spent the past 100+ days making the game fully functional - im going to lose my shit.

Prepare to be disappointed, they've said many times this patch won't fix game specific issues.