CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

As much as I cant wait for a team doubles playlist -- I do not look forward to that host advantage. 

*fingers crossed I get it, fingers crossed I get it*

Why even play at this point? The games dead. You'll be playing 1v5's in the damn 2v2 playlist somehow. Watch. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This may have been mentioned before but do h2c beatdowns feel weird compared to OG for anyone else? Especially with the sword. I have noticed I've gotten way too many BXRs and BXBs on sword guys that should have killed me. Also, to me MM and party fixes are useless if hit detection is still garbage and ranks aren't implemented. Can't get 1 competetive match in hardcore.

I was explaining this to a couple people yesterday who didn't play H2c and vista enough to notice but BXRs are a lot easier to do in Vista because of how iffy the shot registration is. Have you all seen the GIFs when people would snipe someone like 5 feet to the left and get a headshot? The same kind of premise happens with BXRs but headshot registration is ridiculously easy to get at pointblank. I've literally BXRd people in the nuts (guy dropping down from BR3 to Open Ramp on Lockout) and gotten the kill.

After I explained this to them I remember my friend like "Yo fear! Dude you're right I just BXRd this guy in the foot and got the kill haaa"

The melee system has been pretty wonky in Vista as well. Some melees don't register when they should. The biggest issue is when you're above/below someone. My melees hardly ever work.

Playlist this, rotation that...

The ONE thing Halo PC got right:

29uuao3.png

What did that button do?

Playlist this, rotation that...

The ONE thing Halo PC got right:

29uuao3.png

Been saying this since H2 came out. I always preferred the custom game lobby over matchmaking. I hate being forced to play their game types or being limited to customs with just friends list.

Wish we could have both

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was explaining this to a couple people yesterday who didn't play H2c and vista enough to notice but BXRs are a lot easier to do in Vista because of how iffy the shot registration is. Have you all seen the GIFs when people would snipe someone like 5 feet to the left and get a headshot? The same kind of premise happens with BXRs but headshot registration is ridiculously easy to get at pointblank. I've literally BXRd people in the nuts (guy dropping down from BR3 to Open Ramp on Lockout) and gotten the kill.

After I explained this to them I remember my friend like "Yo fear! Dude you're right I just BXRd this guy in the foot and got the kill haaa"

The melee system has been pretty wonky in Vista as well. Some melees don't register when they should. The biggest issue is when you're above/below someone. My melees hardly ever work.

Yeah I never played Vista, just xbox version. That's definitely where I noticed the beatdown problems tho is when coming from above/below. OG h2 seems much "smoother" I guess you could say in just about every aspect compared to mcc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another update for the update. And no details. But lots of H5 stats. Cool. Well at least it's finished and MS probably wants this expedited through the certification. We could see it drop this weekend but I'm expecting Tuesday.

Another update for the update. And no details. But lots of H5 stats. Cool. Well at least it's finished and MS probably wants this expedited through the certification. We could see it drop this weekend but I'm expecting Tuesday.

Dont overreact. They said its completely finished and is going thru the certification process. They cant confirm anything else

Oh, sorry. I see what you mean by 'details'. my bad. ;) I feel you.

If you would have told me by March 1st MCC wasn't fixed, I would have called you a fucken liar and to stop being so negative.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shit happens man. sucks because I know you guys probably had lots of shit planned before this whole MCC thing happened

Edit: I say shit too much

shit happens man. sucks because I know you guys probably had lots of shit planned before this whole MCC thing happened, shit's sad.

Or we had nothing planned and this was something we were begging for.

:saucey:

We had lots planned.

Oh, sorry. I see what you mean by 'details'. my bad. ;) I feel you.

I meant where he said "and more". What will that be? He really can't tell us? Also in regards to party and matchmaking improvements, can't he tell us specifically if it's going to fix certain things like:

- Being stuck in stat screen after MMing

- Will game chat work properly

- Will my party still be split onto the other team sometimes in MMing

Etc.

These updates are always too vague and we can't just assume they are going to fix all of these specific problems, because they make vague promises about a general area of the game to be fixed, and the update comes out and it didn't fix the specific issue we thought it would along with 3 other ones it did actually fix.

I think that's the part that hurts the most, MCC could have really given the community a boost from good content to tournaments (h1-h3), now we are basically a laughing stock of gaming since it's been so long. The worst part is, it's not something we can control in any aspect.

I just want a good/working Halo title, I don't think I'm asking for much. People can call this site negative or elitist but fuck, we stick around through thick and thin and love the series (for the most part). We want to it see it strive. I'm going to crawl back into a ball now.

/rant

nothing you're saying is asking for too much/going too far. Shit sucks :(

I don't want to be a negative nancy, but I find it hard to believe mcc will ever be fully fixed and Halo will ever return as the king of FPSs at this point

sigh, too, too depressing

while I enjoyed H5 and hope for the best.. I have a strong feeling I won't see many of you out on the battlefield when the time comes :/

i swear is not staged

wKcc7R5.gif

Stupid casuals lol

Please tell met you have a video of that?  :halo:

• Downvote (-1) 1