CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

kCuVzsp.png

COEwfLX.png

(Chatlog from DestinyTracker chatbox. Xorth is site owner.)

So 343i completely locked down their API for MCC and killed HaloTracker.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

kCuVzsp.pngCOEwfLX.png

They don't want to be embarrased by the abismal non existing halo population.

It's like having a 2 inches weiner not wanting to undress in the communal locker room.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've only seen a few bits of information on HTR's struggle with 343 to open up their stats with an API; it always makes me wonder how much effort/pressure from the community there is toward 343 on this topic.

The stats for Halo 4 were bad--MCC is even worse. I don't even look at stats anymore because of it. Please just open it up 343! The halo community has talented people that want to develop apps/sites for stats. Let them do it. It's apparent 343 has little interest in enhancing Waypoint.

Good stat tracking is like ranks... It gave me more reason to play.

I hope they abandon waypoint stats for H5. Needs a complete overhaul.

I wouldn't be halfway opposed to 343 teaming up with Rare for people who have no experience in Halo to play like a Basic Training mode or something with bots. I'm surprised Halo doesn't have bots yet.

If you don't know why I mentioned Rare in correlation to bots, I recommend you go play Perfect Dark 64 against MeatSims then the following game, play against DarkSims haha! Dude, if DarkSims ever found their way into Halo, I would honestly play all day because it took a fucking GRIND to get good enough to even compete with DarkSims in fucking Perfect Dark 64... My god I almost ripped my eyes from my sockets playing those damn things.

Why wouldn't they allow it?

They want the people to visit their own site instead of a 3rd party

It sucks because the stats on waypoint are terrible

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why wouldn't they allow it?

My guess is that they simply didn't have time/resources to implement an API for MCC. You can tell they barely scraped by with their own stats. To put effort into an API or access to the stats for third party on top of everything else that happened with this game was out of the question. Maybe I'm wrong...

for those that care, i took a picture of all available Dedicated Servers for the MCC right now

you play way more often on them as you might think, but thats not the primary reason i post this

it should help you to find out what the closest Dedi in your region is and what other Dedi options there actually are

you can also estimate your own ping to those stations by distance, incase you care once the game runs 100% Dedi

the US is pretty empty which is why most of you guys dont end up playing on Dedi Servers

eg for LA players a regional P2P host gives better pings than the Seattle host, so your game stays P2P

same for US players in the Mid-West where there is basically no Dedi at all

for south of the EU its similar for example

most of the time a US lobby game will have players spread around the entire country, the player with the best connection and pings to everyone then is chosen as the host

a Dedi is not picked because the average ping of all players to the 3 US Dedis is higher than to one player in the lobby

only when all players of the lobby are close to a Dedi the game is shifted on the Dedi because of the ping and such

and now imagine what happens when playing international lobbies, chances to see a dedi goes even lower

what i want to say, even if the game will be 100% Dedi at some point this doesnt necessarily mean your Matchmaking experience will see a drastic improvement (ping), it definitely depends on the region you live in

of course the general fairness will raise though as no one is hosting and therefore has an advantage

9BF1p6n.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

for those that care, i took a picture of all available Dedicated Servers for the MCC right now

you play way more often on them as you might think, but thats not the primary reason i post this

it should help you to find out what the closest Dedi in your region is and what other Dedi options there actually are

you can also estimate your own ping to those stations by distance, incase you care once the game runs 100% Dedi

the US is pretty empty which is why most of you guys dont end up playing on Dedi Servers

eg for LA players a regional P2P host gives better pings than the Seattle host, so your game stays P2P

same for US players in the Mid-West where there is basically no Dedi at all

for south of the EU its similar for example

what i want to say, even if the game will be 100% Dedi at some point this doesnt necessarily mean your Matchmaking experience will see a drastic improvement (ping), it definitely depends on the region you live in

of course the general fairness will raise though as no one is hosting and therefore has an advantage

9BF1p6n.png

Based on the fact that most of the games are based on PC code, why on earth would they not allow people to offer up their own servers for customs? Ridiculous.

Plus, I highly doubt the dedicated server issue will improve at this point. 343 is already in damage control mode claiming most of the games are played on dedi's, claiming that they never really said all games would be on dedi's, that the game will switch to p2p if it's a better connection, etc.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Another thing 343 are a joke at. Their stat tracking is awful, Battlefield stats are miles better, its a shame fir me because stats have always been a big part of Hall for me.

...lol ...."stats".

I don't think 343 can access the stats themselves anyways. Half the time when I finish a game, it says I killed my own team mates more than the other team.

Way point doesn't even have a real game history. They need to go somewhere with this nonsense.

We had better stats in 2004

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's quite shitty for HaloTracker, and a real low move by 343... 343's stat keeping has always been complete ass. That's why everyone was all about HaloTracker through out Reach. Heck, i was a life time cash supporter of the site. That site was awesome for stats, and the MLG playlist leader boards were a fun feature to battle for spots on.

Going to miss that (already do), but yeah. Hopefully 343 gives us some real stat pages. Even bungie gave us a solid stat page back in 2004-2005...

• Upvote (+1) 2

With every more 343 makes, I dislike them more and more.

I never knew there were APIs for stats to begin with. I would always do some sort of web scraping when I made something related to stats. Now that I knew the APIs were out there, I'm kind of jealous, but I'm also pretty mad that they wouldn't keep up with letting people have freedom with the game. People make a living off of playing your game is good, but people making a living by creating a product that works in tandem with your game is bad? It's not like you don't get something from their product. Hell their product doesn't even exist if your game doesn't exist. It's a childish move and it makes me lose respect for them even more.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is fucking outrageous...

Halo already has issues starting new communities and building up 3rd party support from people who like the game. Here 343i comes and just takes a shit on Halo Tracker.... Halo tracker has been around for a good time and now it might be one of the next Halo communities to die......

What do you think the kids in matchmaking are?

Those can't be bots. Bots actually resemble opponents that have the slightest inclination of what they're doing.

I just started to assume that they're just someone's pet armadillo that's just bumping into the controller a bunch of times.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why are we getting updates(tweets) about another update(blogs) that will give us information on an update(patch)? I can't handle this. It's a scavenger hunt to know what's going on now lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1