CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I added you, I have a bunch of really good people I play with still.  An what I've learned from first playing Halo on Live never play by yourself.  Also I wish the ranking system would work, the only thing I really like to do is play hard team matches 24/7 but can't do that with a CSR Halo 2 ranking system =/

No doubt, I'm down to play anytime man. Trust me I know what you mean.. I miss having close nail biter games, like I haven't had them even remotely since I stopped playing PGL (lost interest in H2A). It's either I roll an entire team of four by myself.. Or My teammates are getting annihilated and I'm still stuck fighting a team of four by myself and barely losing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it really sucks that some of y'all don't try some other games and instead let your Xbox One collect dust. There's some really good games out there that you could be picking up with all of these digital deals that Microsoft keeps coming out with. I picked up Plants vs. Zombies last time and am having a blast playing it. This time I think I'm going to get Trials Fusion for like $7. Also GTA 5 is fucking amazing as well. Oh and you could do the game sharing feature as well and hopefully play some games for free that your friend had bought.

There's just so many options for gaming right now, I wish more people wouldn't depend on Halo so much for their gaming fix since 343i clearly has no idea what they're doing. What better way to show them that than to move on?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think it really sucks that some of y'all don't try some other games and instead let your Xbox One collect dust. There's some really good games out there that you could be picking up with all of these digital deals that Microsoft keeps coming out with. I picked up Plants vs. Zombies last time and am having a blast playing it. This time I think I'm going to get Trials Fusion for like $7. Also GTA 5 is fucking amazing as well. Oh and you could do the game sharing feature as well and hopefully play some games for free that your friend had bought.

There's just so many options for gaming right now, I wish more people wouldn't depend on Halo so much for their gaming fix since 343i clearly has no idea what they're doing. What better way to show them that than to move on?

I've been singing this song and doing this dance for a while now. I usually will state that I feel competitive Halo players generally dislike other competitive games besides what they already know and are accustomed to.

PvZ is my favorite shooter on Xbox1 besides CE. PvZ though has no issues that aggravate me like MCC does. It's pure relaxing fun while still having a decent gap in skill.

I don't like gaming. I like playing Halo. If Halo doesn't work I don't play video games.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Personally, I've always had trouble switching to other games due to no real ambition to try anything new (especially on my own). There are only a few gaming franchises that have actually stuck for me.

Funny you mentioned Trials though, because that is one of them. I don't recommend buying Trials Fusion, even for this price (It's $16, but with all the DLC tracks). It's likely you'll play it for a couple days at most and never go back. But it will be well worth the money if you can commit to it though (competing on the leaderboards and multiplayer).

Man I shouldn't have to pay more money than the money I initially intended to spend to enjoy this console.

I've been singing this song and doing this dance for a while now. I usually will state that I feel competitive Halo players generally dislike other competitive games besides what they already know and are accustomed to.

PvZ is my favorite shooter on Xbox1 besides CE. PvZ though has no issues that aggravate me like MCC does. It's pure relaxing fun while still having a decent gap in skill.

Definitely agree with this statement.

The only thing I think PvZ lacks is still based matchmaking. But you're absolutely right its definitely some relaxing fun!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll echo the PvZ sentiment. It really is outstanding

Play Classic Gardens and Graveyards.

half life 3 vs Fixed MCC...who will come first, stay tuned ...

I meant to like this post post, not Meg it. Sorry.

Definitely agree with this statement.

The only thing I think PvZ lacks is still based matchmaking. But you're absolutely right its definitely some relaxing fun!

Even when I lose I don't care. It's just so much fun to play lol. Skill based match making is my dream... I've been playing competitive Monday Night Combat (third person shooter) for years and just about all the top players from there got PVZ and just dominate it. I know we're not going up against skilled players, nor were we the target market for the game but it's just ridiculous. I'd look up "Gunked PvZ" on youtube. That guy can get on top of everything with every class.

I'll echo the PvZ sentiment. It really is outstanding

Play Classic Gardens and Graveyards.

Gotta be honest man although it's a bit more balanced I love the other versions of the classes too much. I guess because they're OP. Playing paleontologist is just ridiculous when you learn how to get on top of the map

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man I shouldn't have to pay more money than the money I initially intended to spend to enjoy this console.

No you're right, you absolutely shouldn't have to. But as I see it you basically have two choices because of how shitty MCC has turned out to be. You can stay pissed about MCC and let it consume your life, or you can try to enjoy yourself with some truly great games. Not a sermon, just a thought :)

been slowly playing Far cry 4 for the past few months...slowly picking every single chest...and then dying light came out..thank god...going to last me for quite a while.

I meant to like this post post, not Meg it. Sorry.

lol it's fine, it's the thought that counts :p

• Upvote (+1) 1

Far Cry 4 is like Far Cry 3.5 and its still a great game IMO. Its probably not as good in the story department but its still really fun to play(especially with all the mods).

Just another example of "not trying to fix what isn't broken" working well. Dragon Age Inquisition also saw more success by closer emulating DAO mechanics rather than continuing the failed direction of DA2. It just goes to show that just because a game is old doesn't mean its not worth emulating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never would expect PvZ in this thread. I loved that game so much. It was probably the biggest surprise of last year for me. 

Even when I lose I don't care. It's just so much fun to play lol. Skill based match making is my dream... I've been playing competitive Monday Night Combat (third person shooter) for years and just about all the top players from there got PVZ and just dominate it. I know we're not going up against skilled players, nor were we the target market for the game but it's just ridiculous. I'd look up "Gunked PvZ" on youtube. That guy can get on top of everything with every class.

Gotta be honest man although it's a bit more balanced I love the other versions of the classes too much. I guess because they're OP. Playing paleontologist is just ridiculous when you learn how to get on top of the map

Get yo shit working so we can play CE again. I play alone. A lot.

It's probably 343's fault.

I think I played a BR FFA on Guardian the other day. At least it's better than SMG starts  :kappa:

Haven

Abandon

Pitfall

Skyline

Monolith/Vertigo

I seriously am starting to think I'm playing a different game than all of you...

If it works, then you are.