CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I fucking told everyone that they used PC code lol, I got so much flak for saying that. Unfortunately everything just got fucked up, from UI to actual in game stuff. I'm still appalled they used a non updated halo 4 in the game. 

Who argued against this? We've known this for a long while now...

Based on the state of the MCC, this seems like something community programmers could have thrown together in 3 months. What the hell was 343 doing over the past 2.5 years? This is literally PC code cobbled together with some basic UI overlay, and it doesn't even work.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What kind of dedicated servers cause people to go black screen constantly?

Or migrate hosts when someone quits?

If they never had events, Nightfall, etc, but put out a solid game I would have so much more respect for their company. If the game was the first thing to introduce people to the Halo universe then that is priority number 1. Now anything they put out to hype up Halo just doesn't do anything for me because in the back of my mind the current state of the actual game is not great. I think HCS was a little forced imo.

No one. The Halo PC and the H2: Vista teams are even credited in the MCC credits.

Also I'm calling BS on Frankie's statement that "most" games are on dedis and that the research was wrong. I have a feeling they are spot on, but he can't go back on his "word" so he just lies more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/7097-halo-1-mcc-will-be-broken-if-based-off-the-pc-version/?p=282889

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/7097-halo-1-mcc-will-be-broken-if-based-off-the-pc-version/?p=282869

@@Thor did.

Digging that up brought up the lulz, everyone thought MCC was going to be a success and anyone who said otherwise got neg repped. 

Oh and the forum trolololol managed to get the future right and knew MCC would be left with a bunch glitches <3

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/7097-halo-1-mcc-will-be-broken-if-based-off-the-pc-version/?p=282420

@@logfish111

Anyways, victory for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"On Dedis" really? Really? So far the only time I've seen any indication of a Dedicated server were those prompts that would show up on the bottom right of the screen, regardless on all counts I call schadenfreude.

Frank man stop denying things.

Thought I'd share this with you guys.. an edit piecing together a bunch of pre-MCC hype commentaries, with very different tone now. Tears were shed.

this makes me sad  :(

So my friend has been playing MCC since launch and he got told by Xbox support he isn't getting the compensation

LOL that's not cool

I feel terrible for him, 343 and Xbox u r so shitty

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to know what 343s plans are for reviving population once it's fixed.  Is there any hope?

I just want to know what 343s plans are for reviving population once it's fixed.  Is there any hope?

They make the game free forever on the market place an advertise the shit out of it on the Xbox One and in there Xbox One commercials.

I doubt they even have a plan or care much about the game's population at this point, it's all about the sales numbers. Post-release population numbers don't put money in their pockets. Unless they plan on releasing DLC that is. I see it going the way of pre-MCC Halo 3, a small group of dedicated players keeping the competitive playlist alive. 

But who knows, that's just my opinion. I would love to see the game released for free on marketplace as @aKreez suggested, we need all the new players we can get. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt they even have a plan or care much about the game's population at this point, it's all about the sales numbers. Post-release population numbers don't put money in their pockets. Unless they plan on releasing DLC that is. I see it going the way of pre-MCC Halo 3, a small group of dedicated players keeping the competitive playlist alive. 

But who knows, that's just my opinion. I would love to see the game released for free on marketplace as @@aKREZZ suggested, we need all the new players we can get. 

• Upvote (+1) 2