CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I would update you guys as to how I feel about 343 as of right now, but more on that later. ETA should be released about my feelings sometime next week.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thought this was funny

Three months later it's a fan favorite though.

It was just the closest map to being finished when the original idea was to completely remaster Halo 2

• Upvote (+1) 3

dead guy holding on to the ball, this game has been out for 3 months

xboxdvr.com/Thr0ttIe/1fa498a8-cb16-4b71-861c-bafdad2aa63a

Guess for anyone that doesn't know - it's related to the 4 second respawn glitch. When you die, the game doesn't actually register you as dying and thus prevents you from respawning and gives you the 4 second respawn for a while.

Since you didn't die, game still thinks you're alive holding the ball.

It's hilarious and interesting.

Guess for anyone that doesn't know - it's related to the 4 second respawn glitch. When you die, the game doesn't actually register you as dying and thus prevents you from respawning and gives you the 4 second respawn for a while.

Since you didn't die, game still thinks you're alive holding the ball.

It's hilarious and interesting.

If they ripped the code from H2V, did H2V have any glitches or anything like this? I've never played H2V and it makes no sense for this glitch, which has never appeared anywhere before (that I've heard of) to be present now. It makes me wonder how much they actually messed with the code. I feel like they broke the PC versions of the games more so than they fixed them.

If they ripped the code from H2V, did H2V have any glitches or anything like this? I've never played H2V and it makes no sense for this glitch, which has never appeared anywhere before (that I've heard of) to be present now. It makes me wonder how much they actually messed with the code. I feel like they broke the PC versions of the games more so than they fixed them.

H2V never had any issues like this except for the shit netcode.

H2V never had any issues like this except for the shit netcode.

I really wish I had experience in porting games so I could make fun of how bad this situation is. I understand what's going on, but how can you take a fully functional game, and then turn it to where the game doesn't even know you died. It's basically as easy as doing a call to get the players health status. If(health <= 0){ player is dead }. It's a joke that I wish I understood more.

Can't play MCC, so I'm going back to play Destiny tonight. Do you see what you did, 343? Do you see what you did?

• Upvote (+1) 5

ztCpc0X.png

How can it hurt the launch date when the launch date doesn't exist? They have until the 28th and even then they could just push it back to March.

ztCpc0X.png

I must be connecting to a server in Asia or something because majority of my games have some serious issues.

Odd though, I had little to no issues with Titanfall.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol I'm so envious of you guys having problems with the game. I think I posted in here a couple of days ago how I couldnt find games at all. Well, a couple days later and multiple frustrating 30+ minute waits of nothing happening, I'm still unable to find any games in a single playlist.

At least for me, the game at DAY ONE was better than it is now, since I could actually play once in a while.

I'm more and more convinced they actually did not fix anything about the matchmaking at all. This would also explain why they only talk about "improving" it and not actually fixing it, because they aren't really doing anything.

Even back when I was still finding games the average time to actually play one was more or less the same as from launch on, It just has more join attempts visibly fail.

If this "major" update doesn't fix anything I think it safe to completly write off MCC matchmaking ever working at an even remotely acceptable level.

Can't play MCC, so I'm going back to play Destiny tonight. Do you see what you did, 343? Do you see what you did?

I've been doing that for a while, quite enjoying myself.

I don't want to flat out call BS on that neogaf post but if most of my games have been on dedicated servers I'd rather play P2P with a "Good Connection" search option.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you haven't seen this its a must watch .

The same people that jamed MCC together must have made this game first .

You mean to tell me that the same people who made a truck accelerate at the speed of light backwards are also responsible for your cursor moving AWAY from the enemy in Ce?

...I can believe that.

Fun fact, same guy responsible for that game was also responsible for WarZ (now called Infestation: Survivor Stories).

Yep same. When MCC came out I told my friends I pretty much wasn't going touch Destiny anymore. Then MCC turned out to be complete shit so here I've been back on Destiny. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am just tired of seeing the same maps played in the tournament over and over. I think they need new maps fast! I forget which tournament it was but that forge map they did FFA on I could stand watching. Not that the design was bad but the skins on the pieces are just so bad : /

I fucking told everyone that they used PC code lol, I got so much flak for saying that. Unfortunately everything just got fucked up, from UI to actual in game stuff. I'm still appalled they used a non updated halo 4 in the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it just me or is it nearly impossible to headshot a spartan turned away from you in H2? 

On an unrelated note, you guys think the next patch will fix (or at least improve) H2C's netcode? At least I can find a game in under 10 minutes now  :weback: