CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It's real hard to take these updates about future updates that need updates seriously. So when do I wake up and find out it's 11/10/14 and this was all just a terrible dream?

The update for the update will be updated at the time of the update for the update that is depending in the previous update that will be announced on the update for the next update that wasn’t updated at the time that the update was announced but in the next update will have the update for the next update. Got it?

This is easy I can be the next communication manager.  :D

• Upvote (+1) 5

I love Bravo. Truly. When I started working at MLG I played CE with him, Puckett, Shibby, Nexy, (@@Rocker I'm not sure, but I think I vaguely remember playing with you once before. If you ever played with the black guy with glasses, that was me haha  :lol: ) and all those guys and he's really down to earth and honestly I love the guy..

But I am really tired of getting absolutely nothing but "more info on that soon."

To be honest, I didn't get any information from this update. I was under the assumption already that they weren't going to do the beta anymore so other than that, they didn't tell me anything that I already didn't know.

I sincerely hope that

As stated last week, our current focus and priority remains delivering the upcoming improvements to the matchmaking and party systems, but the team is also working on and prioritizing additional items beyond this, and I look forward to discussing these – a lot more – as we get closer to those updates.

means that there will at least be a few in game fixes... For the love of god, please fix anti-aim at the very least!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Update summary: More on that later, stay tuned. We appreciate your continued patience.

Don't worry guys. 

The pros totally aren't just PR hires. 

the pros are there to make us believe sprint isnt terrible.

Only internal testing? We all know how well that went last time they did that...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be embarrassed to be called a HCS H2A pro when the guys that do team sign-in/wrist bands at MLG events make more money then a top placing team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I just want the game fixed man. Don't care if no one answers for these screw ups. Tired of looking at my Xbox in disgust just want to play Halo now

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't worry guys. 

The pros totally aren't just PR hires. 

343: Ahhh shit....those "elsewhere" guys are in uproar again...where's ghost?

Ghost: Hey

343: You know what to do Eric

Ghost: *Creates 2 min. video talking about competitive halo and how much 343 loves competitive gaming and plans to support it*

343: Atta boy...that'll calm those guys down for a bit. Till next time Eric, now go back to agreeing with every decision we make *waves around check*

• Upvote (+1) 8

Soooo any day right ?

If they aren't willing to give even an ETA, no.

Dersky and Ghost are very positive good dudes but I can't imagine how frustrated they are right now. Oh and don't respond to this by saying not to feel bad for them because they are getting paid. They want Halo to be back and the small amount of money that they are probably being paid isn't going to cure their frustration

• Upvote (+1) 2

"After further evaluation, the team has determined that that final testing for the content update will be completed internally, and we will not be conducting a beta test for the next CU"

Yeah because that worked so well for the Halo 4 beta right?

Dersky and Ghost are very positive good dudes but I can't imagine how frustrated they are right now. Oh and don't respond to this by saying not to feel bad for them because they are getting paid. They want Halo to be back and the small amount of money that they are probably being paid isn't going to cure their frustration

Frustrated..I doubt it. People will justify just about anything they're involved with doing every day and I don't think they're any different. 

I do wonder if one of the pros will eventually decide that they wanted to work at a company that was really into competitive gaming and they're just at another video game company now and when they eventually leave, whether they will speak up and talk about some of what actually happened at 343i. Although surely that violates their contracts even after leaving.

The update summarized:

We're doing written and video blogs.

We're still working on the update. No new info to share because we haven't made any real progress. We thought we'd just say we're working on it and the same thing as last update just so it looks like we still give a shit. Hey, fixing MCC is our "top priority", but we haven't fixed even small, simple problems that would take 3 mins of coding to fix. We don't have an ETA because we aren't close to finished.

We're not doing the Beta test, so here's hoping the update works.

Oh ya, and Relic - we've just completed concept art and are just now starting to outsource it. Who cares if the game doesn't work when you have another BTB map to play, right?

• Upvote (+1) 8