CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

There wasn't an option to spawn with it as far as I'm aware. Also the spread over a distance was absolutely terrible.

That was so weird. If I recall correctly, you couldn't even place it in Forge on some maps.

That feel when everyone is selling their xboxes ...

Not a good feel

It's sad to see. I love Halo, it's far and away my favorite video game franchise. It's incredibly sad to see how 343 is treating the franchise and their fans. Really, the way they're handling the MCC fiasco is what drove me to sell my Xbox. I just can't support a company that is ruining my favorite video game series.

Also the spread over a distance was absolutely terrible.

Ah okay, I thought it was only because it was a Covenant weapon. Didn't know it was equally bad as the BR.

That was so weird. If I recall correctly, you couldn't even place it in Forge on some maps.

It was limited to specific maps for whatever reason (I think I remember not being able to place it on Valhalla), and thus you could not spawn with it.

I think the newer maps like Sandbox could place it more often, but I'm not completely sure.

Ah okay, I thought it was only because it was a Covenant weapon. Didn't know it was equally bad as the BR.

The BR's reticule (and spread pattern) was a bit tighter than the Carbine's anyway, and the 3 round burst at least made it probable that a "round" would connect. I consider the H3 Carbine worse than the 100% DMR, quite frankly. And definitely worse than the 100% NR.

I'd still take the Halo 2 BR's "spread pattern" any day. IN THAT IT REALLY DIDN'T HAVE ONE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Count your blessings. You're not a Laffs fan. 

You won't be laughing when Connor McDavid gets 200 points for the leafs next season

If this update fixes CE Anti-Aim I will hug a seal and donate a Kidney.

Make sure you put it in your Twitter bio.

I truly wasn't going to buy Halo 5, but this may have just changed my mind:

"Some of the other improvements that we are making to Spartan Abilities and general mobility coming out of the beta:

• Increase base speed (faster base movement)
  • Increase strafe acceleration (faster, more responsive strafing)"
  • Upvote (+1) 2

<p>

"Some of the other improvements that we are making to Spartan Abilities and general mobility coming out of the beta:

I have never seen a Halo developer even acknowledge strafing. Poor strafing mechanics has been a plague for Halo. This has my interest. I still want to see the difference first.

<p>

Those are definitely big improvements but I doubt it will be enough to save Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Increased base speed without removing Sprint is going to be even worse. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Increased base speed without removing Sprint is going to be even worse.

But they are also decreasing sprint speed right? Its definitely better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The worst part is they clearly understand sprint is a problem, yet instead they slap a bandaid on it instead of just removing it.

I'll be buying the game now that I know I can go into customs and play game types that actually feel like Halo. Unfortunately most people here are obsessed with #devsupport and big events and whatever else, and will refuse to play custom settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reading it over, I'm sure sprint speed is the same, but the algorithm for calculating it has been changed because base speed is increased.

It depends by how much. If the decrease in sprint speed outweighs the increase in base speed then it will still be bad. Even if it doesn't, it's just a band-aid on the whole issue. The whole POINT of asking 343 to increase the base speed was so they could remove Sprint which in turn allowed players to not only traverse maps quicker and get into action quicker, but help the strafe as well as removing negative impact Sprint had on gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except we wanted them to boost the base movement speed so they could remove sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have never seen a Halo developer even acknowledge strafing. Poor strafing mechanics has been a plague for Halo. This has my interest. I still want to see the difference first.

Exactly. I've never even read or heard of a developer talking about strafing in Halo. It's importance can't be understated. The actual implementation is still up in the air, but it's a huge, huge step in the right direction.

For sure.

Hello again.

What the flying fuck?

Start a search in the Ce playlist.  There are SIXTEEN slots on the right side of the screen, with six of them full.

I double checked to make sure I didn't accidentally click BTB and nope..."games in this playlist:  Ce, 4v4 ranking coming soon, so on".

Was there any stopping power when you were shooting someone while they sprinted in the beta? I know H4 had this. It didn't feel like there was any when I played.

Was there any stopping power when you were shooting someone while they sprinted in the beta? I know H4 had this. It didn't feel like there was any when I played.

I believe there was some, but players usually thrusted into cover and then started to sprint away again.