CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So what happens to people with shitty connections/pings on dedicated servers? Does it affect their gameplay at all since they still have to connect to the server and will other people even notice it?

I'm guessing it will try to connect to the closest server, but what happens if they have to play people in another country? Sorry for the newb questions.

people with shitty conetions have to suffer more bullshit with dedicate servers then they did with peer 2 peer

I'm wondering if they will support stats? I really miss stat tracking for Halo 3. Would love to have stat tracking for the first 3 games and they could just continue Halo 4 stat tracking as they are.

Anyone heard anything about this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

sooo goood

Oh please, you just liked the video cause it has keyword: "Beyond" in the title ;)

It really does bring back good memories though, can't wait!

Edit: Can't really remember off the top of my head, but was halo 2 the last game with proximity voice? It was a great feature

• Upvote (+1) 2

sooo goood

Every single developer out there right now should watch this video...it's sad that other devs don't "get it" when it comes to playing games online with your friends. That social experience is crucial, and Halo 2 was the one that really started it all and sadly hardly any games copy it.

Great video!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: Can't really remember off the top of my head, but was halo 2 the last game with proximity voice? It was a great feature

Halo 3 was the last game with proximity voice. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone explain to me how "up-rezzing" works? Frankie said that superbounces probably wouldn't work because the geometry of the maps would be modified - doesn't that imply that the map textures are being 're-skinned', as it were? Or are they just taking a pixel and turning it into 4 new pixels or something like that? I don't know much about graphics, help me out here.

So why was the halo 4 sniper in that ascension gameplay?

They're probably updating some of the weapons to the Halo 4 versions of them. Not all, since the BR still looks the same, but some.

Because that map was one of the 6 remastered maps in the new engine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope HaloWaypoint.com gets a site redesign before MCC, especially for stat tracking. Halo 4's stat page was horrendus.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Kyleeeeee, get that xbox one!!!!

Also, jumping beatdowns ftw!

Placeholder. They'll most likely upgrade the one used in Halo 2. I wouldn't expect the clock radio microwave out of scope Halo 4 sniper to be back. What was encouraging was the in-scope look, and there was no bloom in the reloading animation. 

I still don't like text that appears above the reticle. I really hope that is ridden of. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lunch time, watching the Bomb Planted Live show, damn these are exciting times! Cursed Lemon man, glad to hear your thoughts/opinions on it!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 Anniversary campaign getting new prologue and epilogue "helping to tie Halo 2 into the coming Halo 5:Guardians".

Another thing, is the new spartan's name Locke, Clock, or Clark? I keep hearing different things.

New spartan is "Locke"

Does twitch still have that massive delay for stream? I was wondering if you could maybe have your teammates twitch stream in the corner of the screen or something while you play the same game and screen look. Be pretty cool for online h1

Lunch time, watching the Bomb Planted Live show, damn these are exciting times! Cursed Lemon man, glad to hear your thoughts/opinions on it!

Lol, I'm watching it too :) My body is so ready for this collection!

I think a guilty pleasure of mine would be to do cross over matchmaking with 3 of my Halo 1 LAN buddies and always vote for Halo 1 gametypes and just (hopefully) destroy people who have never played Halo 1...

yup...definitely looking forward to playing on dedis....it's going to be interesting how much it affects a game like halo 3..shitty BR and all....host really made a difference in the game...

Does twitch still have that massive delay for stream? I was wondering if you could maybe have your teammates twitch stream in the corner of the screen or something while you play the same game and screen look. Be pretty cool for online h1

This is why i've been waiting on twitch....but there's still a delay and it's close to 30 secs long by default on the xbox one....lol

Just curiously, does dedicated servers mean DDOSing players will be a thing of the past? Or will it still occur?

Can someone explain to me how "up-rezzing" works? Frankie said that superbounces probably wouldn't work because the geometry of the maps would be modified - doesn't that imply that the map textures are being 're-skinned', as it were? Or are they just taking a pixel and turning it into 4 new pixels or something like that? I don't know much about graphics, help me out here.

I'm not exactly sure how it works but if you want to check it out, just play Halo 2 Vista. Superbounces don't work in that game even though all other glitches remain untouched.

Any thoughts on time limits for h1 objective games? 

Yeah they're really going to have to put a time limit on them. I'm guessing/hoping they are on top of that though

What worries me is the use of modded controllers specifically for halo 2's double shot glitch. I remember people saying that it would ruin matchmaking which i kind of agree with. What are peoples thoughts on this?