CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Here's a gameplay of Halo 2 Vista in 1080p for all of you wondering how the game might look.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For anyone that is still confused about the H2A engine... It's an ALL NEW, next-gen Halo engine that they've rebuilt re-imagined Halo 2 maps on. It's essentially a brand new mulitplayer Halo game, packed into the MC Collection.

You won't be able to switch between old graphics and new because of it being a separate engine and there's a ton of new added geometry anyway. Not to mention the sizes of the maps, while they'll be close, probably won't be exactly to scale...

There's also been talk of Halo 2 MP actually having Forge, but I think 343 misspoke... The H2A maps will have Forge, since they're on the new engine. The old Halo 2 portion of the multiplayer likely will not, like they made it sound... and I really don't see how it would be possible to make that kind of addition to the game at this point either.

great interview

That was a great interview. Is it just me or does Frankie seem more humble now these days?

• Upvote (+1) 6

HALO IS NOT DAD!

Halo is MOM cause it just gave birth GET IT?!?!?!  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

All graphics are classic aside from the remastered H2A maps, which is fine as long as they work and can access XBL. If we're really going to nitpick and bitch about them not being remastered we don't appreciate or deserve what 343 has done for us by releasing this collection. I don't think the graphics will put a stigma at all on the entertainment value of the game or my willingness to watch a stream of a pro. Hell if that were the case a game like CS: Global Offensive or COD: 4 which still has tons of tournaments would be out of business.

I'm not really complaining just a little disappointing I mean since I think most people had the same impression since you know there remastering the entire campaign doing the MP maps wouldn't been that much work Certain Affinity to do.

But hopefully we at least get what we got in CEA was classic versions that can be used for H2 gameplay and tweaked versions for the other version if it's possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but just something that I noticed. The competitive playlist is called 'Team Throwdown' again and not 'Team Hardcore'. 

Not that it matters much, but still.

I'm not really complaining just a little disappointing I mean since I think most people had the same impression since you know there remastering the entire campaign doing the MP maps wouldn't been that much work Certain Affinity to do.

But hopefully we at least get what we got in CEA was classic versions that can be used for H2 gameplay and tweaked versions for the other version if it's possible.

I'm certainly not trying to be pretentious or combative in anyway but we really don't know what it would take for them to remaster and redo 40 maps between Halo 1 and 2. Cursed Lemon brought up a really good valid concern though. FOV. Are they going to open up FOV or vertically crop it to fill the 16:9 aspect ratio?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't see them not cropping it. 

Also, I wonder if they're going to add pillars for split screen like they do in COD. I won't be having any of this vertical split screen shit. 

Sorry if this has already been discussed. But what's everyone's thoughts of the possibility of adding a timer/clock to Halo CE? This way you wouldn't have to use a different device to know how much time is left until rockets spawn. I wouldn't want it to tell me "Rockets are up" but just so I can see the minutes pass to know when they'll be up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry if this has already been discussed. But what's everyone's thoughts of the possibility of adding a timer/clock to Halo CE? This way you wouldn't have to use a different device to know how much time is left until rockets spawn. I wouldn't want it to tell me "Rockets are up" but just so I can see the minutes pass to know when they'll be up.

I would like to see a game clock and mini-scoreboard added to the CE HUD. Especially for the purposes of matchmade games.

I look at it from a Quake 3 perspective, those guys don't have timers/clocks telling them when items are going to be up, they simply pick up an item and then make a mental note in their head of what time the picked it up by looking at the game clock.

I think having a device telling you when things are coming up negates the purpose of having to have the mental capability to keep track of it yourself.

If there's an in-game timer sorta like in Halo PC, we won't need timers.

TIming weapons in Quake is a little different though since the timer starts when the weapon is picked up and periodically.

If there isn't one in game there'll be some keen bean who makes a timer website specifically to snap on the side while you're playing.

So if I just wanted to play just Halo 2 with Halo 2 ranks is that possible?

And have they said anything about ranks

I dont care about H1 or H3 or anything. Just want the full Halo 2 experience again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now I'm confused. 

Are the six remastered maps still running on H2's engine?

Nope, it is a new Xbox One engine from what I've read. Probably an early Halo 5 engine. So in other words, for our purposes we will be sticking to the classic Halo 2/1 engine and maps.

If my understanding is correct they're running on the new Xbox One engine that is based on Halo 2.

Halo 2 will be Halo 2 as expected, but Halo 2 Anniversary will be a bit different both visually and in terms of gameplay.

This, it'll be running on a new engine, but with physics/mechanics as similar as possible to Halo 2. 

I am really excited to see some Halo 3 in 1080p. Plus I want to understand more about the multiplier mash up if you will. They made it sound like you can play any of the games based on voting. Like vote for H2 or H3 or H1 map and game type. Weird.