CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Alli_uhh_.gif

You telling me u didnt have a hard on for 343i when they announced Master Chief collection? 

I heard either from Frankie or someone at 343i that they said Halo CE's original netcode was based on dedicated servers, i.e., why it was system link only, and there was a "host" box. They said the translation of Halo CE to the MSFT dedicated server environment was easy.

So...think of it this way, MSFT has a bunch of og Xboxes in the cloud that we will be playing off of...I think.

This is entirely expected. They want their dedicated servers to be virtual so the can add more or remove them in seconds as demand requires. The virtual server technology is getting to be amazing for scaling servers, even a virtual Xbox.

I already said this in the other thread but...

Isnt it possible that this 6 remastered Halo 2 MP Maps which are running on a newish Engine, wont have Glitches and stuff but the original untouched Halo 2 MP and Maps will have this stuff? Thats probably why they did this 6 Maps remasters to please every side of the coin (some people want this glitches and some wont)

I mean look at this http://a.pomf.se/oarzaq.webm this Engine is definitely based on Halo 4.

I'm sure they recycled parts of the H4 engine to make it. But at the same time, this has descope. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Love you 343i <3

LegitimateWholeBillygoat.gif

I've always correlated tea bagging as a negative connotation of dominance over someone...

My only concern at this point is that system link hasn't been confirmed.  I'm super pumped, I really thought I was done with online gaming completely, now I'm gonna pay 500+ to pay a game I originally bought in 2001, lol.

I do think Halo could make a competitive comeback with this game.  I agree with Ghandi(in his video) to not mess with what we already know and have established through years of play.  Halo 1 for 2s, Halo 2 for 4s, FFAs for seeding, done.  A lot of you think this game needs goofy features(that I admit wouldn't hurt and would help immensely).  But I for 1 believe in gameplay.  I believe that the competitive population is already there and wants to come back and now we get the best of both worlds(H1 and 2).  It will grow, because the gameplay is good enough.  Local tournies will be poping up all over the country and online, mark my words.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which still doesnt mean that this remastered Maps will have the glitches... You dont have to tell me thats a new Engine. What im seeing with my eyes, looks like a new version of the Halo 4 Engine. Which isnt bad. And i dont see that much will change in regards to the Models. Some shader fixes here and there and maybe another Sniper Model but i think it will mostly look like that.

This tweet from Bravo basicly confirms my theory.

He says H2A Gameplay which seems to be a new take.

Would be great if that could get a clarification from 343 soon. Maybe in the Bulletin?

How does that tweet have anything to do with the Halo 4 engine?

The netcode better not be any thing like XBC, I'll lose my shit if it's laggy like that. I want these dedicated servers to feel as close to LAN as possible.

Then you should play customs with people who live near you. There is no way they can say that h1 will run on the original engine and then expect there to not be significant lag if playing coast to coast. Halo doesnt create predictive player models like halo 2 and beyond do. There is going to be lag. As long as everyone has to deal with it, it should be acceptable IMO. I don't think there is a good way around it without creating so much of the BS that happens during laggy moments in the sequels.

I can guarantee all of them will play much more smoothly then they do on XBC.

XBC on a good local host is great. Honestly I don't know how you're guaranteeing that other than maybe having more consistent bandwidth upload than the average idiot playing halo online tunneled through his PC. When everyone knows what they are doing, XBC can be great other than the fact that one team has a big advantage. As long as everyone has some lag, I think if it works like sub 70ms XBC most of the time, it will be okay.

Maybe they did something amazing but if its h1 as I know h1, and thats the game that has to route your movement, jumps, shots, and nades through the host/server before it can appear on your screen, then there is no way to make this thing run on the internet without significantly noticeable latency.

Engine also wasn't designed for Xbox One..

The games engines aren't being touched at all, if they wanted a functioning spectator mode, it would require huge engine changes.

Want to see what a spectator mode in Halo would look like? Look at a Halo 4 kill cam.

Then you should play customs with people who live near you. There is no way they can say that h1 will run on the original engine and then expect there to not be significant lag if playing coast to coast. Halo doesnt create predictive player models like halo 2 and beyond do. There is going to be lag. As long as everyone has to deal with it, it should be acceptable IMO. I don't think there is a good way around it without creating so much of the BS that happens during laggy moments in the sequels.

XBC on a good local host is great. Honestly I don't know how you're guaranteeing that other than maybe having more consistent bandwidth upload than the average idiot playing halo online tunneled through his PC. When everyone knows what they are doing, XBC can be great other than the fact that one team has a big advantage. As long as everyone has some lag, I think if it works like sub 70ms XBC most of the time, it will be okay.

Maybe they did something amazing but if its h1 as I know h1, and thats the game that has to route your movement, jumps, shots, and nades through the host/server before it can appear on your screen, then there is no way to make this thing run on the internet without significantly noticeable latency.

The great thing is that because the latency is universally felt by everyone, it's almost a feature. I'd rather have a game where everybody has to significantly lead their shots, as compared to a game where everybody feels like hostbox. Pistol battles will be more rewarding, and it will make things a little less clusterfucky in some of the fastest gametypes (e.g. Wizard flag).

The cool part about a game where you have to lead your shots is that you slow down the average kill time without hurting the min kill time or introducing any randomness bs. Since you can still tsk people running in a straight line comparatively easily, the only thing that really changes is when somebody knows you're shooting at them, and is strafing in the correct direction. That's perfect, because it allows people to prolong and get clutch in a pistol battle, but it doesn't change up the rest of the mechanics and balancing too much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2 Anniversary : 6 maps (Remastered Graphics)

Halo 2 classic : All maps (Classic Graphics)

Does anyone else think thats lame that we will only get to play 6 halo 2 maps

in amazing graphics.

I'm not trying to make it a big deal but its hard for me to when i want to play

all the game in that H2A demo quality.

Anyone else think this is kinda sad for the "Anniversary of Halo 2"?

in amazing graphics.

I was more thinking "what's the point of the 6 remastered maps" lol.  It's like a mini Halo 2 on top of the original.  I think most people here wanted the original and they got what they want and I got what I want because I'm getting H1.  Everybody wins, except for you, you feel cheated because you didn't get enough graphics.  Sorry

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was more thinking "what's the point of the 6 remastered maps" lol.  It's like a mini Halo 2 on top of the original.  I think most people here wanted the original and they got what they want and I got what I want because I'm getting H1.  Everybody wins, except for you, you feel cheated because you didn't get enough graphics.  Sorry

Well i mean i just expected that since its the anniversary that all the maps would have been remastered along with the original since you can switch between the two.

I was hoping more time would have been spent on halo 2 instead of everything else too. I'm happy that we can play ever halo game but i just wish halo 2 has more time put into it. Its a small thing to gripe about.. i know.

in amazing graphics.

You are the only person on this planet that feels that way.

Wait, so no ranks or spectator mode confirmed? I'm gettin my pitch fork back out. Those are the 2 main reasons why LoL, SC and CoD are KILLING IT.

Wait, so no ranks or spectator mode confirmed? I'm gettin my pitch fork back out. Those are the 2 main reasons why LoL, SC and CoD are KILLING IT.

There will be ranks.... they actually hired the guy who did the ranks for SC. They've also said numerous times that those details will be discussed later. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are the only person on this planet that feels that way.

I highly doubt that. Im sorry that i loved halo 2 at the time but now that we have it again but in better graphics why would i want to play it when it looks so outdated. Yes i will play the classic version but why wouldnt you want H2 maps how they looked in the demo. If the gameplay is the same why not want all the maps remastered?

Idk i just doubt that im the only one who feels this way. I will be able to play halo 1-4 on XBL will all my friends but i just want some extra treatment to celebrate the anniversary for halo 2.

Hello guys !

humm,

one thing disappoints me on the matchmaking.
Is it possible to play only one game?
  only the rumble pit on halo3, or only the rumble pit on halo 2, or is it a mix of all the halo?
because if I want to play a particular game, I can not?

Sorry for my english.

Hello guys !

humm,

one thing disappoints me on the matchmaking.

Is it possible to play only one game?

only the rumble pit on halo3, or only the rumble pit on halo 2, or is it a mix of all the halo?

because if I want to play a particular game, I can not?

Sorry for my english.

343i's goal is to make it to where you can play any halo game and stick to that game. So im sure when the game comes out if you only want to play halo 2 then you will be able to =]

Hope that makes you happy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

6 h2a maps is enough for you to fly to germany? or do you want to test h1 on dedicated servers?

I live in Germany. Jumper lives a few kilometers away from me too and I guess he might go to Gamescom too if Multiplayer is playable.

I highly doubt that. Im sorry that i loved halo 2 at the time but now that we have it again but in better graphics why would i want to play it when it looks so outdated. Yes i will play the classic version but why wouldnt you want H2 maps how they looked in the demo. If the gameplay is the same why not want all the maps remastered?

Idk i just doubt that im the only one who feels this way. I will be able to play halo 1-4 on XBL will all my friends but i just want some extra treatment to celebrate the anniversary for halo 2.

Dedicated Servers, 60fps and 1080p HD isn't enough?

Dedicated Servers, 60fps and 1080p HD isn't enough?

Thats what im saying though. Is halo 2 gonna look like the demo even on maps that arnt remastered?

60 fps and 1080p will be crazy for halo 2 and i admit thats awesome.

I just love how the H2 demo that was shown looked so damn good.