CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I know nothing about programming/game design so could someone who does explain to me how you could take 4 games that worked completely fine and mess them up this bad? I understand that partys/matchmaking, etc. doesn't really have anything to do with the individual games but I'm talking about things like H2C hit registration, respawn glitch, all of CE's problems, H3 sound, etc.

343 touched it

• Upvote (+1) 4

No anti aim fix?

No ranks yet? Are you fucking kidding me?

Fuck you 343 this is beyond a joke and it's just down right pathetic

I know nothing about programming/game design so could someone who does explain to me how you could take 4 games that worked completely fine and mess them up this bad? I understand that partys/matchmaking, etc. doesn't really have anything to do with the individual games but I'm talking about things like H2C hit registration, respawn glitch, all of CE's problems, H3 sound, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porting#Porting_in_gaming

and 343 completely fucked it up

• Upvote (+1) 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porting#Porting_in_gaming

and 343 completely fucked it up

What really fucks me off about this is that they used the PC versions of H2/CE to presumably make the port easier since I believe the Xbone is very similar to Windows 8 in it's design. However still, they manage to give the games leprosy with some of the weirdest glitches I've ever seen. (Anti-aim assist CE). 

Is this really the patch? What kind of sick joke is this....you had 4 weeks and you come out with a small band-aid. 

Playing with my brother and we got put on different teams. Multiple times. I knew that it could happen, but damn that is some really fucking stupid ass shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss things like double XP weekend and the rotational play lists that Bungie used to give during H3. Don't get me wrong, I loved the MLG side of Halo too, but having nothing to do on a Friday night sometimes ended up with great times with friends over XBL playing Fiesta, team flag, 3 ball, etc during x2 XP weekends.

Something so simple and fun just completely ditched.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Its coming. And I think they all know it too.

I suspect that's the case.

You can't get off ripping off thousands of people that easily...

The free extras we're getting feel like an insult, we all want an explanation and a proper WORKING halo game that we all paid for.

I will not buy H5 - no matter the promise or hype that they throw at us.  You have lost my confidence as a developer, you have burned me three times, you are an embarassment and you have taken a prominent FPS title and completely troused its reputation to comedic proportions.

343 F YOU

Yeah, no self-respecting individual should buy Halo 5 after this mess.  Halo needs to be put in new hands.  You don't create franchise longevity by targeting casuals like they are doing.  You create for the fans, the ones who create the hype because the game is quality and what they want, and they tell their friends to buy the game.  I've already told my friends I'm not buying Halo 5 and they all agree they won't either.  As bad as it is I hope with all my heart that Halo 5 completely fails in all areas that MS finally wakes up and realises things need to change.

noobs vote OBJ in the CE playlist and the game ends in under a minute. so boring. 

Score limit is way too low.  We need 5 caps on Derelict, Wizard, and Longest.  We need 5 minutes to win in Ball and King.

Why would you hire someone that doesn't like Halo? Unfathomable.

"We had people who we hired who hated Halo because of 'X,'" says O'Connor.

That was the hook used to get the reader's attention. What he was trying to say was that the people that they hired were passionate to leave their mark. The problem is that is not how you protect a legendary title like Halo. You don't leave your mark like a dog on a tree. You preserve the game, not alter it to show you had a hand in altering it.

They thought hiring passionate people was good for work, because they were motivated to come into the office each day. The problem is that their motivation is destructive to the legend Halo is.

Another clue was when 343 created a "classic" halo experience and then decided that wasn't what they wanted. Classic halo isn't their halo. They don't like the classic halo.

But what went right over all their heads is the fact THAT IS HALO!

To this day I believe they have no clue what they were entrusted with. They say things like, "this is a huge responsibility to care for Halo", but then they go and alter it in huge ways. I think what they really feel is their jobs are on the line if they screw up the franchise, not because it was a legend (a fact that went right over their heads), but that it was a well established franchise that their owner Microsoft will require an accounting for.

There is a huge difference between legendary and well established. I don't think they understand the difference.

Half Life was legendary. Call Of Duty is well established.

• Upvote (+1) 5

There needs to be some legal petition to recall mcc so the 343 noobs can get get their shit together

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not buying Halo 5. I can have plenty of fun with 1-3 and H2A. I'm sure tournaments will continue for that game. Or atleast I really hope so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can have plenty of fun with 1-3 and H2A

Yes, me too.... IF THE FUCKING GAME WASN'T BROKEN FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS NOW

• Upvote (+1) 3