CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

We keep it real. You'd like the community if you gave it a chance.

Don't want to bring this up again, but I have to know. Why are you always implying anyone that criticizes GAF isn't involved with it?

No mention of MCC

Christ can these videos be any more fake and PR-y? The only people that are watching these are Halo fans, 343, not casuals. They're watching content on games they actually play. Talk to us like we know the basics of Halo. We don't need shit spoon fed to us like what a simple 'hold the base' gametype is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

how do you ruin halo 2.... how is that even possible.... it should of been so easy.

How was it ruined?

edit - derp shot reg.

Don't want to bring this up again, but I have to know. Why are you always implying anyone that criticizes GAF isn't involved with it?

Christ can these videos be any more fake and PR-y? The only people that are watching these are Halo fans, 343, not casuals. They're watching content on games they actually play. Talk to us like we know the basics of Halo. We don't need shit spoon fed to us like what a simple 'hold the base' gametype is.

I second this. I posted on GAF and literally everyone told me that Sprint required skill and when I said that they might be casual Halo players they all got offended and basically threw me out. Great community!

So they release the Bulletin today with a segment dedicated to Strongholds and then remove the gametype that same day. Lol, great marketing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How was it ruined?

It's a bastardized vista port not being played on dedis like it was designed to be, it's not halo 2 like it was shipped ten years ago, like we were promised

And then on top of that, you got uneven teams, no Ingame emblems, quitters every single game cause there's no ranks, you can see where the opposing team is when your dead, a super low population cause a lot of people have given up on mcc, and often I can hear people talking on the opposite team

That's just the stuff I can remember off the top of my head, they ruined the halo 2 experience, I almost want to hop back on Xbc

I hope they get booed at E3.

I was thinking about this earlier. The Halo brand has been tarnished in the gaming community (not casuals, I'm talking about people who actually go to E3 press conferences). Those guys keep up with the news and know how shitty MCC is and how Halo 5 isn't getting that much steam. There's a real possibility that when the inevitable Halo song starts up at the Microsoft Press Conference, there will be booing.

Has any1 gotten booed at E3 before?

It's mostly devs & Media members. They will cheer anything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why do people only ever choose H3 in the team slayer playlist? Kinda defeats the purpose of playing a playlist with all the Halo titles.

I had team slayer Standoff chosen over Sanctuary BR's and CE Chill Out. Fml.

Man finding games in THC is painful... and I never have problems finding games, so I guess the population is just extermely low, like I have to wait for a game to end to be in the next one... Hope H3 can save this playlist, but then I worry how will the voting system work? Which title is going to get two maps everytime?Which one will be the first to the left and win every tied vote? What game is going to be voted 90% of the time?!

Team Hardcore has the best competition aside from the CE playlist (they need to make that playlist 2v2)

They really need to fix sound issues in H3 before they add it in. They did away with dedicated servers for MCC because it had team balance issues (see H2 Vista starting 5v3 etc. etc.) another thing I noticed about dedi's is that the same map gametype would pop up constantly and would have to ask the dedi guys to change directly. As for voting ties It def has to be randomized instead of it choosing the one first on list. They should just give you a game already picked instead of voting imo.

So they release the Bulletin today with a segment dedicated to Strongholds and then remove the gametype that same day. Lol, great marketing.

Is anyone in charge there?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was thinking about this earlier. The Halo brand has been tarnished in the gaming community (not casuals, I'm talking about people who actually go to E3 press conferences). Those guys keep up with the news and know how shitty MCC is and how Halo 5 isn't getting that much steam. There's a real possibility that when the inevitable Halo song starts up at the Microsoft Press Conference, there will be booing.

The schadenfreude is real. I want to drink in all that embarrassment when they get booed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would really enjoy it if anyone actually booed 343 at one of their conferences. They haven't showed us any respect, so why should we show them respect?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ok so I haven't played Halo in a couple weeks, so I get on the H5 beta to try out my new controller.

After getting like 4 different errors I give up and get on the MCC, only to see that it still 3v3 and 3v4 starts and that the host (because there's still no dedicated servers) can still end the game for everyone by quitting. Why are they focusing on adding more playlists instead of fixing crap that has been a problem since launch? New playlists won't do any good if everyone fucking quits playing if they haven't already.

Ok so I haven't played Halo in a couple weeks, so I get on the H5 beta to try out my new controller.

After getting like 4 different errors I give up and get on the MCC, only to see that it still 3v3 and 3v4 starts and that the host (because there's still no dedicated servers) can still end the game for everyone by quitting. Why are they focusing on adding more playlists instead of fixing crap that has been a problem since launch? New playlists won't do any good if everyone fucking quits playing if they haven't already.

Getting 3v3 matches in mcc is the most infuriating thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah everyone voted freaking Zanzibar in a 3v3 so I left right away.

Yeah, 3v3 Gemini SMG starts, no thank you.

Why do people only ever choose H3 in the team slayer playlist? Kinda defeats the purpose of playing a playlist with all the Halo titles.

I had team slayer Standoff chosen over Sanctuary BR's and CE Chill Out. Fml.

Maybe because all the other playlists don't work in the first place. Why wait for a game in another playlist with either large search times or no games at all when you can search the PL that works and you just vote for what you wanted anyway?

But yes I am sick of Halo 3 as well.

Hey I just started playing H2 with the mcc, can someone tell me what's better for the "insta kill" glitch between BR+X and B+XR? I tried a google search but I mostly found answers from casuals so I'm not sure. I understand that with BR+X you have less of a chance to cancel your melee too soon, but is it more effective/faster too? Or are they both the same kill time if mastered perfectly?

Hey I just started playing H2 with the mcc, can someone tell me what's better for the "insta kill" glitch between BR+X and B+XR? I tried a google search but I mostly found answers from casuals so I'm not sure. I understand that with BR+X you have less of a chance to cancel your melee too soon, but is it more effective/faster too? Or are they both the same kill time if mastered perfectly?

BXR is definitely better but I always BXB's because I didnt have to worry about whether I had a full clip/on my last one. If I got BXR'd when I was going for a BXB and died I just charged it to the game and moved on.

BXR is definitely better but I always BXB's because I didnt have to worry about whether I had a full clip/on my last one. If I got BXR'd when I was going for a BXB and died I just charged it to the game and moved on.

or you can be an OG and hit the kid with a RRBX and rek that motherfucker

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like imagine releasing a broken ass game and then sending poor @@Bravo to die for your sins.... Fucking embarassing. The head of the entire project goes MIA for 2 months. I hope they get booed at E3.

He went missing? Maybe he got fired?

Is anyone in charge there?

It really is a circus there, ya?