CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

H3 argument still going? Holy crap. I know it has problems but lol if people think it's a bad game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Hardcore is fun but is garbage without ranks. We also need 4v4 only. These maps were not meant to be played on 3v3.

I did like Narrows and Pit Flag even Midship Flag although I wished Ball stayed in its place; but all the Ball and Hill gametypes were better including Pit King and Lockdown Ball.

Maybe I'm just tired of flag being that since H3 and beyond its being forced down our throats as the only OBJ gametype.

I played one game of Team Hardcore this morning and remembered how useless Camo is in this game. You're not even invisible you're basically Shadow Mario like

180px-Shadowmarioenterance.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's funny how every time the "Halo 3 is garbage" comes up you instantly have half a dozen h3 apologists come in and explain how "it can be bad since everyone played it"  and "besides, it is my OPINION that halo 3 is literally better than world peace and a cure for cancer".

However, as soon as someone says they liked HR/H4/H5 all of a sudden "opinions" don't matter and you have to put in a half page disclaimer how you are only speaking in hypotheticals and you are only playing devil's advocate etcetera.

I think MCC is actually a great way to lay all the nostalgia nonsense to rest because outside of things like shitty h2 registration everyone can finally experience that "team brs halo"   really never was that good in the first place. Every time I hear people talking about the magic h1-3 formula I cringe because such a thing doesn't even exist.

We haven't gotten a good halo game in forever because even many of the so called "competitive" players apparently don't realize the terrible things about h2 and h3.

When they were being played the amount of (deserved) hate they got was incredible, but as soon as a new title came out it was all forgotten all of a sudden.

If "we" can't even tell good gameplay mechanics from bad ones, how do "we" even expect 343 to do so?

• Upvote (+1) 4

But then that would mean that CE is the only good game and a whole new argument starts.

CE and Team BRs Halo were both great, Halo abilities is bad. Thats how I look at it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 is a great game. I totally understand that the shooting mechanics were not good, but the entire package was phenomenal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Casuals enjoyed Halo 3 because there were a lot of fun features such as forge, infection, theatre, social, etc. Not because of the inconsistent utility weapon and "1 on 1 BR battles".

• Upvote (+1) 7

Turn on xbone to play HC, play two games, both times entire team quit, proceed to turn off xbox lol.  This is freaking pathetic.  Ya I should blame the people for quitting for being down 2 kills but what does it hurt if they quit?  There's no ranking system, no time ban for quitting, they have nothing to lose for quitting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 is a great game. I totally understand that the shooting mechanics were not good, but the entire package was phenomenal.

How can a First Person Shooter with bad shooting mechanics be a "phenomenal" package? That's a like a car with a bad engine being called a great vehicle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boy I wish all of you were around in 2007 to tell me halo 3 sucked before I had a great time playing it.

It didn't even occur to me I was wasting my time with a shitty game *smacks forehead*

These kind of arguments just make you realize one, fundamental thing regarding Halo: People's TRUE Halo is different for everybody. Halo 3 was fantastic for me, but Halo 2 was better. Is Halo 2 TRUE Halo? No, maybe for me, but for someone else it might be CE. 

There hasn't been a universally agreed upon definition of true Halo since... Halo 1. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not only is most of this wrong, it completely "chalk-lines" the issue.

No one here cares whether Halo impresses casual players because that has never been a point of concern up until the point 343 actively invested millions of dollars into research on how to ruin the Halo franchise. Casual players do not see the problems that competitive players complain about, ergo our changes can be made to the game and the casual fan will never be the wiser. Or were you not around in 2008 when this was the topic of discussion in literally every single thread on the MLG forums? Remember that game Halo CE that appeased every demographic? Wow, it turns out you can satisfy more than one group at once! Who'da thunk it? Nevermind the fact that the real and ACTUAL key to a balanced game experience is a FUNCTIONING RANKING SYSTEM.

And please tell me how in god's name is a BR with a random bullet spread and randomly dropped shots in any way, shape, or form intuitive to the casual player? How about dirtied weapons? How about the fact that competitive play stripped out nearly every extraneous item/weapon and doesn't use radar? How about the fact that casual players don't play BR start gametypes in the first place? 

Halo's popularity followed a very, VERY standard curve for the gaming industry. Halo 3 rode the crest of Halo CE's revolutionary gameplay for the period, followed by Halo 2's literal creation of the online console multiplayer experience that we know today. Halo Reach fell off not because its gameplay sucked and not because it wasn't engaging to casual fans for the irrelevant reasons you listed, but because it offered exactly nothing new to the general gaming world. It is incredibly easy to see that Halo's popularity was unsustainable following Halo 3, and it has nothing to do with "how much fun the DMR is to shoot". 

And as far as whether or not being popular made Halo 3 "good", I'm really not going to have this banal conversation because the context in which this forum generally speaks is blatantly obvious to all but the biggest fucking pedants. 

So, and try to not type like you're a fucking thesaurus, do you think Halo 3 was a bad game? Or do you just think it was a bad competitive game? Or do you just think it was bad when compared to its predecessors? 

If you answer 'Yes' to the first two questions then no amount of synonym searching will save you. You're wrong. Which is like the overwhelming opinion, man.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So, and try to not type like you're a fucking thesaurus, do you think Halo 3 was a bad game? Or do you just think it was a bad competitive game? Or do you just think it was bad when compared to its predecessors? 

If you answer 'Yes' to the first two questions then no amount of synonym searching will save you. You're wrong. Which is like the overwhelming opinion, man.

I will state that Halo 2 and Halo 3 sucked but I would only say that because we had CE. Halo 2/3 were definitely the best and most competitive console games we had and are not "bad" games just not as good as the first Halo. Halo could have gotten better but it kept getting worse and worse and I believe that's why so many people are super critical of H2/3, myself included. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I havnt played this game in weeks. Decided to try it out again and get a 3v3 slayer sanc game which i lost. Was fair.

Second game 3v3 oddball lockout which we won and was pretty fun and smooth for the most part.

Now me and my friend cannot find games together. It thinks we are in a party together when we are in seperate lobbies and tries to tell us one or more players is not ready or something. We both restarted MCC and still can't join now. :(

Sigh I was doing so much better off just staying away from this game idk why i do this to myself. I wish i didn't love Halo so much.

I havnt played this game in weeks. Decided to try it out again and get a 3v3 slayer sanc game which i lost. Was fair.

Second game 3v3 oddball lockout which we won and was pretty fun and smooth for the most part.

Now me and my friend cannot find games together. It thinks we are in a party together when we are in seperate lobbies and tries to tell us one or more players is not ready or something. We both restarted MCC and still can't join now. :(

Sigh I was doing so much better off just staying away from this game idk why i do this to myself. I wish i didn't love Halo so much.

Restart the build. 

@

@@ImperiumVII

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bit ragey on here today, thought I was on Waypoint for a moment.

Dont really think these H1 vs H2 vs H3 arguments ever actually gets us anywhere.

Bit ragey on here today, thought I was on Waypoint for a moment.

Dont really think these H1 vs H2 vs H3 arguments ever actually gets us anywhere.

Not really anything else to discuss at this point. What else can we say about MCC or 343 that hasn't been said before?

Not really anything else to discuss at this point. What else can we say about MCC or 343 that hasn't been said before?

True.

Idk if this is a known glitch or not but I was playing some Halo 2 hardcore and it appeared that an enemy's dead body was able to return the flag haha.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/8b901edf-3763-4bf8-9970-7fd189677ae7?gamerTag=z%20Witness%20z&scid=77290100-225e-4768-9373-98164430a9f8

As if 343 didn't have enough stuff to fix

Nothing will cease to amaze me when it comes to 343.