CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Most of the story is in the CGI cutscenes with most of the missions being irrelevant to those cutscenes

H4 Spartan Ops was the ripest piece of shit.

Go over here, kill enemies, click button, oh look enemies spawned inside your colon, kill enemies, go back to start.

Thank goodness the bad guys had the 'henchmen frequency' knob turned to very low so you could successfully pull off that most arbitrary 'point A to B then right back again!'

I'd rather play Spartan Ops than H4 multiplayer, for whatever that's worth (probably not much since H4 multi is AIDS). But yeah there was almost no strategy involved at any point. Just think of it as a moving firefight of sorts and don't take it seriously and it'll be fine.

Okay, there is one SO mission that pisses me right the fuck off. It's in the sixth group, the first one to feature the "new" maps. The last one, Harvester/Switchback/whatever it is, is the one of the most poorly designed missions I have ever seen. You have to trigger load zones that cause a shit ton of prometheans to spawn literally right in front of you, and your only chance of not dying is turning around and retreating to a safe place while hoping that none of them has a binary rifle to pick you off (spoiler alert: there's almost always one that does). Go hide behind a rock, pick them off with your DMR while they rush you, noob-combo the knights, go trigger the next wave, rinse and repeat. Total bullshit.

How Spartan Ops should have been:

-Episodic style game in the style of what Telltale does. 5 episodes over the course of a year. Each episode being about 2-3 hours long with a couple of missions. First episode would come out a month after launch. This could have led to Firefight making a return.

-Scrap all the pointless and repetitive content but keep major things like the Invasion of Infinity, the destruction of Reqiuem, etc along with adding the events that take place in the comic series Escalation like

the death of the didact.

Doing this in the form of a classic Halo campaign would really help.

H4 Spartan Ops is like Destiny but better. And I don't like SO that much, so...

But there are cool missions, for example, when you get that Mantis and destroy Banshees in your way, that one was cool/fun imo.

Why 343i never did a Spartan Ops mission like this from CoD is beyond me. When you take things from other games, TAKE THE GOOD STUFF.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Exactly CyReN! Out of all the CoD games, the Capt Price/Soap style missions are 100% my favorite missions in the entire game.

The MW campaign is better than any of the Halo campaigns. Not even trying to be edgy here.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

The MW campaign is better than any of the Halo campaigns. Not even trying to be edgy here.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why 343i never did a Spartan Ops mission like this from CoD is beyond me. When you take things from other games, TAKE THE GOOD STUFF.

Christ that mission was annoying on Veteran

christian-bale-wtf.gif

There are some good CoD campaigns, but come on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Disagree? There isn't a single thing in any Halo game as good as All Ghillied Up or Mile High Club. The Halo campaigns are pretty sub-par, actually. I still like them for speedrunning and LASO, to be fair.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

HUGE UPDATE! I put it all the notes in the spoiler tag so it doesn't crash your computer.

The next time you log into the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta, you will be prompted to download a small content update, which includes a variety of backend updates and improvements.

Thank you for your continued participation and feedback as we continue to improve and refine the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer experience.
We’ll see you on the battleground!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/1-12-15-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-content-update-notes

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was playing a game on Chill Out - 

Died

Spawned and all the walls started to lose colour.

Started to fall and as I fell, I could see the map above me as I fell into nothing.

Died again. WTF.

Next game on Battle Creek -

Game started off laggy, next thing I know I'm stuck in the ground and cannot move anywhere.

#JustMCCthings? #Immersion?

Was playing a game on Chill Out - 

Died

Spawned and all the walls started to lose colour.

Started to fall and as I fell, I could see the map above me as I fell into nothing.

Died again. WTF.

Next game on Battle Creek -

Game started off laggy, next thing I know I'm stuck in the ground and cannot move anywhere.

#JustMCCthings? #Immersion?

wow man u missed the best pun ever

"I guess Im merged in2 the ground" #immersion

Disagree? There isn't a single thing in any Halo game as good as All Ghillied Up or Mile High Club. The Halo campaigns are pretty sub-par, actually. I still like them for speedrunning and LASO, to be fair.

Halo, The Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, Delta Halo, The Storm, The Ark, The Covenant, Tip of the Spear, New Alexandria.

You're seriously telling me that none of these are better than 2 stupid COD missions?

COD MP is trash but COD campaign is fucking sleep-inducing, I don't think I've ever played a more boring single player mode.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

HUGE UPDATE! I put it all the notes in the spoiler tag so it doesn't crash your computer.

The next time you log into the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta, you will be prompted to download a small content update, which includes a variety of backend updates and improvements.

Thank you for your continued participation and feedback as we continue to improve and refine the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer experience.

We’ll see you on the battleground!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/1-12-15-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-content-update-notes

I like how the beta has been getting updates while the mcc is in ruins, says a lot about their priorities.

I can't find a good game in this whole matchmaking system. I just had a fucking kid kill himself the whole game instead of actually playing, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU GET OUT OF THAT? Every game is quitters or the thumbless and now I get a kid who suicides to lose me the game. Can't do this anymore, this should never be an issue. I can't bitch about this game enough despite how much I play it.

My opinion about update and 343 /$#//^%_():::$ $$##$%%××@@#$$, @##@*£££.....

Ahhhh.... I feel much better!

• Upvote (+1) 1