CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Bravo definitely doesn't deserve the hate, he replies to people all day on twitter.

Bravo actually acts like a professional never seen a tweet where he is rude or salty towards people which is more then what I can say for people like then Quinn and Holmes in some of there tweets.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Bravo actually acts like a professional never seen a tweet where he is rude or salty towards people which is more then what I can say for people like then Quinn and Holmes in some of there tweets.

Because he understands that 343 deserves the flack they've gotten for the launch of MCC and the state its been since launch day. It's just sad that Bravo is sitting there taking it like a punching bag when he's not the one to blame for it. Quinn and Holmes should be the ones taking the shots.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bravo definitely doesn't deserve the hate, he replies to people all day on twitter.

I just hate the fact that the community manager, our only source of information for everything related to Halo is off casting at a Halo event when the game is still incredibly broken.

I didn't really get a good look this past weekend but at the Iron Gaming event, he was almost Twitter silent regarding MCC issues, etc because he was too busy with the event.

Don't send your only community guy out there and keep us in the dark for even longer.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Somethin' bout' "legacy tech"?

I think the last term was "not enough bandwidth".

Maybe we'll see something new surface with new gen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats because he does not want to lose his job.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

So I just want to ask because maybe I just don't remember H2C well enough.... I was playing midship and at the start of the game I thought people always spawned across from each other red flag and blue flag? Whenever I play this in MCC the spawns seem really off... Not only midship but other maps as well. Is this just me being used to newer spawn systems or is it broken....

I don't hear many people talking about it... more the shot reg (rightfully so) so I'm not sure if it's an issue or not.

I just hate the fact that the community manager, our only source of information for everything related to Halo is off casting at a Halo event when the game is still incredibly broken.

I didn't really get a good look this past weekend but at the Iron Gaming event, he was almost Twitter silent regarding MCC issues, etc because he was too busy with the event.

Don't send your only community guy out there and keep us in the dark for even longer.

I thought the exact same thing...... numerous times. 

H2 Shot registration and ranks??? =)

Although, when I see things like this that give me a bit a hope, I still feel like a negative nancy because of the fact that I don't think those fixes are going to fix the search times, uneven matches, parties getting split up, "Failed to connect" message while searching and the party gets split up, Halo CE anti aim.. Etc... (I could honestly go for another 10 bugs).

I think the worst part about this game is that they hyped this game up sooooo much and they were so damn good at doing that claiming it would be exactly how it would 10 years ago.. I've played maybe 10 games of MCC in the past two weeks. And not because I couldn't find a game searching, but rather I have no motivation to turn this game on whatsoever.

praise the lord

As long as the Ranks actually work after the update this would be very very good for the game. As it stands right now I find it pretty hard to be motivated to play social playlists and even though I keep getting reset in ranked, I still have wayyy more fun attempting to get to lvl 20 before being reset lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The optimist in me says that the H2C Shot fix/Rank patch will include a rollback of the MM damage the pre Christmas patch caused and MM will be where it was prior to the Xmas patch where game were being found fairly easily and ranks were just needing to be added to keep things fresh, provide incentive for playing, and give competive matches based on skill (50 high CE and Team Hardcore come to mind)

The realist in me says I should know better based on 343s patch history with MCC and expect ranks to be little more than a cosmetic item like they currently are with H2A ranked and expect level 40s matching with level 10s and vice versa as well as being matched up against parties when searching solo instead of parties being matched with parties and solo players being matched with solo players like it should be.

Also guests need to be banned from ALL ranked playlists and only be allowed in the unranked playlists once this patch is released. With the way Xbox Live works this gen someone wants to split screen with their buddy then they need to make a XBL Gamertag on that Xbox since now you're buying XBL for the entire system and not just the account with the way Xbox Live works on the XB1 now with the Home Xbox feature

TL;DR: I hope the rank patch rolls back MM to pre Xmas patch state but given 343s patch history I expect ranks to be like the H2A ranks and be little more than a cosmetic item and not be a factor in matching similar skilled players up like they should be. Also guests need to be banned from ranked playlists after this patch

• Upvote (+1) 1

Destroyaa beat me but yeah that post gave me some excitement that ranks are finally being worked on. Also h2 shot reg...

See xboxdvr.com/thee%20RiddIer/604b11dd-a314-4212-994d-a698e578044d/embed

The real problem is with the sniper. If I remember correctly in OG H2 it was still pretty hard to hit BR shots across Foundation.

And yeah they need to make the ranks actually mean something. 

And I still don't understand why I can only search with 6 in BTB and 2 in CE. BTB is supposed to be a "social" playlist so it should first of all be able to search with 16 players. But if thats not an option idk why its not 8 players.

The real problem is with the sniper. If I remember correctly in OG H2 it was still pretty hard to hit BR shots across Foundation.

And yeah they need to make the ranks actually mean something.

maybe vs host, but not vs everyone. And thats a maybe vs host.

And this guy wasnt host

And in 2k5, games were hosted on shitty upload speeds and i myself was on like 5download so maybe it was that bad back in he day.

Mom default H3 maps. Hopefully that INCLUDES MLG and fixing all the default disasters like Guardian and Snowbound. Leave old Narrows though new Narrows was trash

Mom default H3 maps. Hopefully that INCLUDES MLG and fixing all the default disasters like Guardian and Snowbound. Leave old Narrows though new Narrows was trash

I'm still waiting for MLG settings where you can dirty the weapons, same spawns, amp and onslaught included too.

Oh, and complete fix the aiming, by FAR the biggest thing needed in h3 mcc.

The issue is not that Bravo was gone for a small number of days promoting their game. It is that 343 is too stupid to have anyone fill his place for those few days at a time. The guy deserves a break and to do something other than deal with overwhelming negativity all the time as hes just the messenger not the actual cause of the issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The issue is not that Bravo was gone for a small number of days promoting their game. It is that 343 is too stupid to have anyone fill his place for those few days at a time. The guy deserves a break and to do something other than deal with overwhelming negativity all the time as hes just the messenger not the actual cause of the issues.

Either or, it needs to be sorted out. The fact it has been two weeks since anything about an MCC update and Bravo was gone for this past weekend is a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Either or, it needs to be sorted out. The fact it has been two weeks since anything about an MCC update and Bravo was gone for this past weekend is a joke.

Well yeah it is a joke but the whole thing is a joke. They have their own website/forums and can't seem to figure out how to type out an update anywhere other than twitter then catch back up two weeks later with more words and less info on their own website. They released a totally broken game and still haven't fixed it months later. They have literally no idea what they're doing/supposed to be doing in comparison to any developer that actually gets shit done and releases finished products apparently. Looking at it that way its not too surprising that they can't figure out how to give people updates when Bravo is gone lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

MP shooters are in such a sorry state these days. Maybe I'm just getting old or something but I tried playing some AW with some friends just now and everything is just so chaotic and all the over the place it's not fun for me. There's no structure to it anymore all that seems to matter is make it faster and faster.

:salt:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Faster is easily a good thing, but I don't expect Call of Duty maps to be able to support intelligent gameplay.

Map design has always been Call of Duty's weakest point IMO.