CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I've been lurking these forums for years now, but with how poorly everything has been going lately, I figured I might as well throw in my two cents. First off, it is unbelievable to me that a month after launch and I still cannot run a playlist with three people in the party. Teams are still unbalanced and registration is hit and miss from game to game. In my personal opinion I do not believe this game will ever run with the fluidity of which we remember. 

The other thing that really rustles my jimmies is the fact that with each update, people are noticing these small fixes and are already willing to forget the worst launch in halo history. So they fixed "1th". Way to go, 343. Making progress there. Glad you fixed the max players in some playlists, which was only done correctly for the past DECADE. /rant

It just bums me out that the only video game I played in my day was Halo, and the effort seems so minimal. From starting with CE to crying through matchmaking in Halo 4, Halo was the only game I needed. Now that my hopes and dreams of once again playing online are seemingly over, I'm going to have to grow up. Who wants that? :/

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, me and many of my friends experience this.

Alright. Glad to hear that at least more people than just myself are having this issue, even though it sucks that the issue is there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, what we would do is if the person gets stuck, have the other person join the player that is stuck through the halo roster.  The stuck person would then get an option to back out and could start matchmaking search again.  

#justhalothings

Yep, same here. This update has made things worse.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You work 2 jobs while taking 8 classes? I don't care enough to find a gif for this but any degree worth getting is not one that you can take 8 classes in per semester. Where the hell do you go to school that you are allowed to take that many courses? To conclude, no one believes you.

Pharmacy school at University of Kentucky. PharmD/MBA, dual degree. $100K + salary is worth it. I don't care if you believe me or not. I've got the transcript and paychecks to prove it. This is my first day off since the semester ended and I'm enjoying my favorite game. I just want it to work.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Searching for a game in the h1 playlist and got 8 players. I think we're stuck in the lobby though lol

Edit: game became a 3v2 lol

Man search times are still like 20-40 minutes for me. I hope they can do something to speed up matchmaking for people outside the U.S. soon. I don't think its my internet because I can get matches on other games fairly quickly.

Search times are fine for me but the party system is so broken, every other game it's impossible to hear other people in your party, you get stuck in post game report screen and can't join back up with them, it's difficult to join in the first place. So broken. 

Quick Tip: Anyone with matchmaking connecting issues always quit and restart game. 90% of the time it fixs long ques etc.

Also, have we heard anything about ranks coming to the rest of the playlists or what?

I finally got a game in BTB. It took 40 minutes of searching and I got gungoose CTF. Following another 20 minutes of searching I got Icefields Slayer. Game crashed after 10 kills. Third and final game took 10 minutes and was Halo 4 on some random shit map. At least the game finished I guess.

Some progress at least but still absolutely fuckin atrocious and isn't near what I would even consider beta worthy.

Is there achievements for Spartan Ops?

Hey, can I ask you whether there are many Aussie/Kiwi players still around, and if there's a sustainable local population in matchmaking? I'm thinking of buying the Xbone to play MCC, but I don't want to match foreigners half the time (no racism, merely connectionism).

I'm searching BTB (found a few games today) and all of a sudden I'm put into H2A Ranked and the match is starting, has this happened to anyone else after this patch ?

Hey, can I ask you whether there are many Aussie/Kiwi players still around, and if there's a sustainable local population in matchmaking? I'm thinking of buying the Xbone to play MCC, but I don't want to match foreigners half the time (no racism, merely connectionism).

Yes, the game only puts you against players connected to the local server and there is a decent population.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It takes more than 10 minutes on average and when I do get games it's usually has one or more people in the game that's on my friends list. I find people I know in the community 90% of games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do I have to wait so long for a game in MCC?

But it literally takes me 10 seconds in COD:AW?

Why have games had this figured out for over a decade (H2) - but 343 can't figure it out?

It frustrates me, that they make this game so difficult to play with friends.

Ughhh....

Have people been checking their NAT types and such? I have been playing with almost 0 problems since I got back from school. Maybe every 1 out of 10 there is some weird 5v4 or something. Other than that 2 minute average wait time and games are fine. 

Biggest problem is I can't play any playlist except for Anniversary because everyone quits with the no rank.

Why do I have to wait so long for a game in MCC?

But it literally takes me 10 seconds in COD:AW?

Why have games had this figured out for over a decade (H2) - but 343 can't figure it out?

It frustrates me, that they make this game so difficult to play with friends.

Ughhh....

To be fair tho... HCE Playlist finds people in seconds if not in a minute, and there's 5 multiplayers with 5 different engines.

It frustrates me as well, but now that CE is working quite well, I'm not as mad as before tbh.

Yes, the game only puts you against players connected to the local server and there is a decent population.

It takes more than 10 minutes on average and when I do get games it's usually has one or more people in the game that's on my friends list. I find people I know in the community 90% of games.

Thanks. How's customs, are there any prevalent bugs? I've wondered why a lot of people on here haven't simply just added one another and played customs 24/7 instead of playing the borked MM (unless that's happening already).

Thanks. How's customs, are there any prevalent bugs? I've wondered why a lot of people on here haven't simply just added one another and played customs 24/7 instead of playing the borked MM (unless that's happening already).

Kids in customs play HCS 24/7. I'd rather play modded 200% bloom reach customs. I'd probably connect more shots than that shit.

Is there achievements for Spartan Ops?

No idea. But trying to beat every SO mission on legendary should fill in a good portion of the white space until beta time.

Personally, this thread turns into kind of what a complaint website is. Lets say 8 out of 10 are having a pleasurable experience you won't hear from those 8, but those 2 that are having problems. Personally, I had a multitude of problems up until last weeks update. Customs have been fine for a while, especially since Game Freezes for me have been non existent. 

One thing I noticed is if you stop playing, and then come back after another app or something. QUIT and restart. Always gets my matchmaking going much quicker.

i mean 343i needs to realize that their matchmaking search-engine is highly flawed and pretty much always puts EU and US into one game

How do you get it to do that? I keep playing EU people only in CE and it's really frustrating. I have met like 10 competent people in that playlist since it launched and most of my games are just one sided stomps. Would be nice to have the chance to meet a pro/good us player. I played CE PC with 150+ ping every game back in the day and had to lead a solid 5 spartan lengths for my pistol to hit anything so I don't really mind.

90% of the people that bought the game won't be playing by the time its fixed.

I'd imagine a lot of people have kept their MCCs/re-bought it so they can play the H5 Beta. If 343 manages to fix all major flaws by the time the beta ends (afterall if halo is taken from you you try to play another halo game) I think we could retain more than 10% of initial population.

Pharmacy school at University of Kentucky. PharmD/MBA, dual degree. $100K + salary is worth it. I don't care if you believe me or not. I've got the transcript and paychecks to prove it. This is my first day off since the semester ended and I'm enjoying my favorite game. I just want it to work.

I'm really happy for you and all, but why do you think anyone here cares about your level of education? We are all here because we share a love for competitive Halo, not because we are interested in each others education. For all I care you could be rich as fuck or a homeless person, this is about Halo and Halo only.

• Downvote (-1) 1