CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I quit...a lot, and I have no shame. I have around a 1.6-1.7 k/d going in solo. Getting stuck with randoms that don't know the buttons and having my team get drilled 50-30 is no fun. I've lost about 80% of my ranked matches and I've quit probably 50% of them because it's pointless to keep playing. 

Matchmaking for this game is a freaking joke. I'm playing against what seems to be 5 Walshy's and I usually have 4 "guest" quality players. 

edit: And I'm 27 with soon to be 3 degrees and an OG player HCE came out.

Maybe you should get a 4th degree in Not Being a Frenchman.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Keep Sprint in everything not 4v4.

I understand the logic behind "seamless transition between playlist/game modes" but I think it's time to take a chance.

Wrong thread. 

My breakdown of Broken MCC Compensation.

One month of Free XBL. Sweet, kind of surprising.

ODST Campaign. Didn't like it, don't care.

H2A Relic remake. Dislike. This map in H2C was an okay team snipers map, a random FFA map, and a decent one flag map. THAT'S IT. 

Exclusive in game nameplate and avatar. Who cares, honestly.

Why Relic? This is my opinion on H2 maps that could/should have been used instead.

Beaver Creek. Overdone. Same as Blood Gulch. BUT, great symmetrical map that can play as flag or slayer.

Colossus. Halo 2 classic fans loved snipers on colossus but it is just okay for slayer and doesn't really work for OBJ.

Elongation: Kind of an eclectic map. Fun for slayer and flag in doubles but hectic 4vs4. (Maybe 343 didn't want to design the conveyor belts).

Ivory Tower. I have no understanding of why 343 wouldn't remake this iconic map. It works for team slayer and one flag/bomb pretty well(clan wars days)

Midship. This map made H2 and was used for every gametype you can think of. It was a fundamental component to MLG tourneys. Isn't being remade because Halo 5 has some version of midship remade at 3X the size of the original.. 

Turf: Great FFA map, fun 1 flag map, okay team slayer map.

Burial Mounds. Great for 1 flag/1bomb and snipers. Okay for team slayer. Very popular/nostalgic map.

I'm not sure Relic would have been in my top 5, but considering the major need for another map for HCS Relic was a poor choice.

Rant over.

TL;DR Time and time again 343 has terrible decision making skills.

I would have rather had a smaller competitive map but with that being said, playing 1 flag CTF on Relic with my noobie friends is one of the most fun things to do in halo. They weren't planning the compensation for a random user on Beyond forums. This is more than i would have expected, so I'm not complaining.

I would have rather had a smaller competitive map but with that being said, playing 1 flag CTF on Relic with my noobie friends is one of the most fun things to do in halo. They weren't planning the compensation for a random user on Beyond forums. This is more than i would have expected, so I'm not complaining.

I'm glad they could cater to you and your casual friends as usual.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Got a few games in last night, the fact that was even possible is a GREAT sign. The game actually played really well too. I'm pretty pumped about the CE playlist and will try to play more often now that it's out

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't expect many on here to really understand the point I was trying to make. I should have known better. 

What point were you trying to make? Explain it to use degree-less plebeians.

I'm glad they could cater to you and your casual friends as usual.

I've played halo competitively since the beginning of Halo 2 in 2004, Ive been to multiple MLG events and still prefer to play competitive playlists more than casual. But if you are so uptight that you cant enjoy a chill game of Relic 1 flag with some real life buddies, you need to rub a few out or smoke a little weed.

Halo is first and foremost a competitive game to me and i want it to be as competitive as possible, but I should be able to sit down, goof off and laugh my ass off with friends as well.

They could have said "here is 1 month of live now like it or shut the hell up". Instead they gave that, plus more that I'm sure many people, not only in the casual community, but this community as well will enjoy.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't expect many on here to really understand the point I was trying to make. I should have known better. 

People like you are ruining the culture of this game. The only situation in which it is fine to quit is when you are down 1v4. What's so bad about staying in a game that you know you are probably going to loose? Making that comeback happen has lead to some of the best Halo games I have ever played. Why are people so scared of loosing, quitting is admitting your failure, staying till the end means that you at least tried everything you could. I honestly don't mind loosing. Like it's a freaking team vs team game, one side is gonna loose no matter what and you are gonna be on that side from time to time (if the mm system is really good 50% of the time).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just been asked to DL a 3 gig update. Good news, hope it fixes that anti aim thing in CE. 

Also, first post :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

People like you are ruining the culture of this game. The only situation in which it is fine to quit is when you are down 1v4. What's so bad about staying in a game that you know you are probably going to loose? Making that comeback happen has lead to some of the best Halo games I have ever played. Why are people so scared of loosing, quitting is admitting your failure, staying till the end means that you at least tried everything you could. I honestly don't mind loosing. Like it's a freaking team vs team game, one side is gonna loose no matter what and you are gonna be on that side from time to time (if the mm system is really good 50% of the time).

I agree that quitting is pretty lame. But when i see people bashing him that were defending quitting before the CE playlist went live, i just laugh. The hypocrisy is palpable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree that quitting is pretty lame. But when i see people bashing him that were defending quitting before the CE playlist went live, i just laugh. The hypocrisy is palpable.

Well I quit out of the lobby, which usually leads to the game going back to finding more players. I agree though that was pretty hypocritical of me, didn't even think of that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I quit out of the lobby, which usually leads to the game going back to finding more players. I agree though that was pretty hypocritical of me, didn't even think of that.

I mean the arguments are exactly the same, the people who wanted to play Halo CE had no other options but to quit until they got the game they wanted. At the same time the people like him want an evenly matched game that doesn't turn in to a pub stomp by a pre made, so when he quits to get the game he wants, he is a bad person? It just doesn't make much sense to me. They fixed the CE issues by implementing a playlist, they can fix his issue by implementing a real ranking system that will match similarly skilled players.

I personally think people should just suck it up and play what they get, but if its okay for people to quit for CE it should be okay for people to quit for an evenly matched game.

I've played halo competitively since the beginning of Halo 2 in 2004, Ive been to multiple MLG events and still prefer to play competitive playlists more than casual. But if you are so uptight that you cant enjoy a chill game of Relic 1 flag with some real life buddies, you need to rub a few out or smoke a little weed.

Halo is first and foremost a competitive game to me and i want it to be as competitive as possible, but I should be able to sit down, goof off and laugh my ass off with friends as well.

They could have said "here is 1 month of live now like it or shut the hell up". Instead they gave that, plus more that I'm sure many people, not only in the casual community, but this community as well will enjoy.

I didn't ask your competitive history.I also competed in H2 and enjoy casual games but I no longer compete or smoke weed because im not 15 anymore.

But for 343 to make H2A with HCS in mind with 3 competitive maps then make another map as compensation for it to be a noncompetitive one is unbelievably stupid and continues to be their trend.

The only compensation I wanted was for them to fix all of the issues with MCC. Why do I care to have another month of XBL to play a game that's still has so many issues?

Just been asked to DL a 3 gig update. Good news, hope it fixes that anti aim thing in CE. 

Also, first post :)

Anybody else got getting an update?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean the arguments are exactly the same, the people who wanted to play Halo CE had no other options but to quit until they got the game they wanted. At the same time the people like him want an evenly matched game that doesn't turn in to a pub stomp by a pre made, so when he quits to get the game he wants, he is a bad person? It just doesn't make much sense to me. They fixed the CE issues by implementing a playlist, they can fix his issue by implementing a real ranking system that will match similarly skilled players.

I personally think people should just suck it up and play what they get, but if its okay for people to quit for CE it should be okay for people to quit for an evenly matched game.

Well I think there is a difference. He gets a 4v4 in the game he wants and then quits out as he realizes that his team is about to loose. Notice how he wasn't necessarily complaining about 1 sided games (if that was he issue he should quit games where his team is dominating as well) but rather about loosing 1 sided games. Whereas people literally had no other option to play the game they want. Fundamentally, it is the same issue: Quitting because you didn't get what you want.

But at least to me, there is a difference between quitting because you didn't get the game you want vs quitting because you don't like loosing. When I soloque I expect to get awful teammates, that's how it's always been in matchmaking. That's what teamque is for.

Also got the update, let's hope it's more than just spartan ops.

I didn't ask your competitive history.I also competed in H2 and enjoy casual games but I no longer compete or smoke weed because im not 15 anymore.

But for 343 to make H2A with HCS in mind with 3 competitive maps then make another map as compensation for it to be a noncompetitive one is unbelievably stupid and continues to be their trend.

The only compensation I wanted was for them to fix all of the issues with MCC. Why do I care to have another month of XBL to play a game that's still has so many issues?

And when did 343 say they were making a game FOR HCS? HCS is a product of the game that was made, not the reason. Again I would have preferred a competitive map, but the fact that we are getting a map at all is surprising, and the fact that that map is Relic, which is a fun map, is even better.

And you are never too old for a little bit of fun, don't let society make you think smoking weed is for kids.

And when did 343 say they were making a game FOR HCS? HCS is a product of the game that was made, not the reason. Again I would have preferred a competitive map, but the fact that we are getting a map at all is surprising, and the fact that that map is Relic, which is a fun map, is even better.

And you are never too old for a little bit of fun, don't let society make you think smoking weed is for kids.

It's pretty obvious in the beginning when the game came out and there were all these throw back tourneys for H2C and everything was pushed towards H2A to be the competitive game.

The game launched with HCS settings. Are you this naive?