CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

since i havent put much time into the MCC yet but plan to do so now, how can i get the correct CE gamemodes such as TS 50, KotH and 3Flag/5Flag?

is there something like fileshare or custom modes for CE?

If you don't mind me asking, what do you have the deadzone set to for the sticks and what is your custom binding settings?

size is larger than normal, im at 150 because my Xbox360 sticks are worn out and this helps with microaiming then

saves me from buying a new one :)

bindings are

LT unused

LB zoom

RT shoot

RB grenade

A jump

B use/reload

Y change weapon

X melee

start change grenade type

back stats

R3 start/menu

L3 crouch

Home home

My buddy and absolutely rolled heads in the h1 playlist last night. We lost two games all night and when we matched 2s I don't think anyone got over 25 kills. As much fun as it is going +20 each game I'd really like to match up against a similarly skilled team.

Similar experience last night outside of one bad host. Matched the team again after the bad host and beat them by 30. 

Hopefully the institution of ranks will eventually help this because what's under the surface isn't doing anything.

One of the many many many glitches in MCC, happened to me before aswel.

Oh thanks. 

Does anyone know if another update is coming soon?

Oh thanks. 

Does anyone know if another update is coming soon?

We'll see a patch this week which will include Spartan Ops. Probably other bug fixes as well.

We'll see a patch this week which will include Spartan Ops. Probably other bug fixes as well.

Nice.

Played with a party of 3 yesterday for the 1st time and it actually went really well. Hope this next update improves that further.

1 thats really fukin bugging me (pun intended) is the mic thing where you can't tell whos talking on your team.

I hope they implement a penalty for quitters. Thankfully I will play some Halo this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 thats really fukin bugging me (pun intended) is the mic thing where you can't tell whos talking on your team.

Idk if they can even fix that but how does that not make it in the games? This was a feature that's been in all the games since 2, if these were really ports then why is it gone?

My breakdown of Broken MCC Compensation.

One month of Free XBL. Sweet, kind of surprising.

ODST Campaign. Didn't like it, don't care.

H2A Relic remake. Dislike. This map in H2C was an okay team snipers map, a random FFA map, and a decent one flag map. THAT'S IT. 

Exclusive in game nameplate and avatar. Who cares, honestly.

Why Relic? This is my opinion on H2 maps that could/should have been used instead.

Beaver Creek. Overdone. Same as Blood Gulch. BUT, great symmetrical map that can play as flag or slayer.

Colossus. Halo 2 classic fans loved snipers on colossus but it is just okay for slayer and doesn't really work for OBJ.

Elongation: Kind of an eclectic map. Fun for slayer and flag in doubles but hectic 4vs4. (Maybe 343 didn't want to design the conveyor belts).

Ivory Tower. I have no understanding of why 343 wouldn't remake this iconic map. It works for team slayer and one flag/bomb pretty well(clan wars days)

Midship. This map made H2 and was used for every gametype you can think of. It was a fundamental component to MLG tourneys. Isn't being remade because Halo 5 has some version of midship remade at 3X the size of the original.. 

Turf: Great FFA map, fun 1 flag map, okay team slayer map.

Burial Mounds. Great for 1 flag/1bomb and snipers. Okay for team slayer. Very popular/nostalgic map.

I'm not sure Relic would have been in my top 5, but considering the major need for another map for HCS Relic was a poor choice.

Rant over.

TL;DR Time and time again 343 has terrible decision making skills.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

https://twitter.com/Moses_FPS/status/547075571671646208

has anyone experienced join in progress in halo 2? i knew it happened in halo 3

I have had this happen in one game, I invited a friend before the game and he somehow joined in on the other team like two minutes into the game. I want to say it was in H2C as well... no clip unfortunately.

Seemed like some weird loophole to get thrown into the game rather than JIP to me..

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not JIP. 

Basically the game recognizes 6 or 8 players in the lobby, but not everyone gets loaded in on time. That person that doesn't for whatever reason will load in when their game allows however long it might take and it will appear someone joined in progress when it was really the game taking forever to get them in because they got hung up in the lobby somewhere. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was a feature that's been in all the games since 2, if these were really ports then why is it gone?

I imagine it has to be fixable for that exact reason.

It's not JIP. 

Basically the game recognizes 6 or 8 players in the lobby, but not everyone gets loaded in on time. That person that doesn't for whatever reason will load in when their game allows however long it might take and it will appear someone joined in progress when it was really the game taking forever to get them in because they got hung up in the lobby somewhere. 

How sure of this are you?  Had a H2C game where two of my teammates quit out almost immediately but then a minute or two later we got two more teammates.

Well, now that H5 is over, I have to go back to this broken mess. Gr8. Wasn't there supposed to be an update today?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How sure of this are you?  Had a H2C game where two of my teammates quit out almost immediately but then a minute or two later we got two more teammates.

Like 95% sure it's a lobby/load issue and not a JIP issue. 

As it's happened to me and people I've played with multiple times. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, now that H5 is over, I have to go back to this broken mess. Gr8. Wasn't there supposed to be an update today?

They said "This week" one would hope it's today or tomorrow, they shouldn't toy around with Wednesday being that it's Christmas eve and by the time they release it, it may be Christmas somewhere.

They said "This week" one would hope it's today or tomorrow, they shouldn't toy around with Wednesday being that it's Christmas eve and by the time they release it, it may be Christmas somewhere.

Just fyi Christmas eve is when you get your presents in some parts of the world.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey I'm still learning CE (never had any problem with the aiming or with the use of any weapon) but so far I don't have the knowledge required to become a top CE player. ..

Anyway, I just came across http://halospawns.com, what an amazing project! I'm looking forward to learning these to become a better 2v2 player.

I was wondering though, is there anything similar for grenade tricks (nading weapons and powerups)? I know there's an infinity of nade tricks but I would just like to learn those that are truly useful in 2v2 and that pro players do all the time.

Finally, when you get those down (knowing spawns and grenade tricks), what else is there to learn about CE to play competetive 2v2?

Hey I'm still learning CE (never had any problem with the aiming or with the use of any weapon) but so far I don't have the knowledge required to become a top CE player. ..

Anyway, I just came across http://halospawns.com, what an amazing project! I'm looking forward to learning these to become a better 2v2 player.

I was wondering though, is there anything similar for grenade tricks (nading weapons and powerups)? I know there's an infinity of nade tricks but I would just like to learn those that are truly useful in 2v2 and that pro players do all the time.

Finally, when you get those down (knowing spawns and grenade tricks), what else is there to learn about CE to play competetive 2v2?

I quit...a lot, and I have no shame. I have around a 1.6-1.7 k/d going in solo. Getting stuck with randoms that don't know the buttons and having my team get drilled 50-30 is no fun. I've lost about 80% of my ranked matches and I've quit probably 50% of them because it's pointless to keep playing.

Matchmaking for this game is a freaking joke. I'm playing against what seems to be 5 Walshy's and I usually have 4 "guest" quality players.

edit: And I'm 27 with soon to be 3 degrees and an OG player HCE came out.

What does being smart have to do with poor behavior?

He's making sure we know despite the fact that he's a quitter, he still has a large enough penis to qualify for relevancy.

I didn't think his cup size was the issue. I thought he was telling us his field of studies was in law school.

Them lawyers have a way of seeing things differently when it benefits them.