CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

... Almost no game anymore wants the audience to notice when they lose, because they can't handle it.  They will quit.  Not just the match.  They will stop playing the whole damn game....

The problem facing us who love to lose to better players because the game is fun to play is that the publisher is trying to sell to another segment of the market, a larger segment, hoping to make more money. It seems that there needs to be a publisher who wants to create an experience knowing full well that the segment they are targeting to is smaller, less profitable, yet what seems to be a growing niche market in America. That publisher needs to have the mind set they would be happy to be profitable, not wildly profitable.

My son finished the Far Cry 4 game last night and I came out to hear what the excitement was all about. I sat there and noticed the credits as we talked. I noticed that the credits kept rolling as we talked. And kept rolling. And kept rolling. It was like all these people were involved. That was a lot of money. For Far Cry4. It seemed to me that a lot more money went into the game than I would have expected. To me the game should have been something that they could piece together with a fraction of that man power. I think that studios feel to be AAA they must have full orchestras, the best tools, etc.

(I went off on a tangent there...)

The point is that games don't need to be expensive to be good and thus profit is still achievable with smaller market segments. But that mind set is missing in AAA studios these days.

Are you using the ones with the m80 mixamp?? if so let me know. 

No. thank you though. 

You didn't describe your issue. What is it?

I didn't want to clutter this thread with it, but here's the problem:

My friends are having trouble hearing me. They're saying it's really low (and another person said I also sound distant, almost like I was using the Kinect for a mic).

I have a pair of A30s which were fine. They were flawless and I had no problems with them, I've just always wanted a pair of A40s.

My MixAmp is a few years old, so maybe this has something to do with it? It's from the year 2011 I'd say, whichever year the MixAmp was during that year. It's got the red thing in the back and has batteries, battery packs, etc so I don't think it's able to update the firmware.

It has an "A" switch and a "B" switch on it.  Apparently I found out that the "B" switch is for mobile and the "A" switch is for the boom mic.  I switch over to "A" and nothing comes out so I figured that was "mute".  

I just don't get how my A30s are fine, but the A40s aren't.  

Maybe the mic is just busted? 

My friends are having trouble hearing me. They're saying it's really low (and another person said I also sound distant, almost like I was using the Kinect for a mic).

I have a pair of A30s which were fine. They were flawless and I had no problems with them, I've just always wanted a pair of A40s.

My MixAmp is a few years old, so maybe this has something to do with it? It's from the year 2011 I'd say, whichever year the MixAmp was during that year. It's got the red thing in the back and has batteries, battery packs, etc so I don't think it's able to update the firmware.

It has an "A" switch and a "B" switch on it.  Apparently I found out that the "B" switch is for mobile and the "A" switch is for the boom mic.  I switch over to "A" and nothing comes out so I figured that was "mute".  

Make sure the switch is on "A", also try downloading the firmware, the download may be packed with the latest legacy firmware. If you have a PC try recording something and listen to it. 

How do you have your entire sound set up? What is connected to what?

Are they ever going to fix the sound issues in Halo3?

Or the reticle movement. 

I cant wait to see what this pre Xmas patch is supposed to do. I would hope theyre working on one being that its a big chance to retain some people

Or the reticle movement. 

I cant wait to see what this pre Xmas patch is supposed to do. I would hope theyre working on one being that its a big chance to retain some people

It'll be huge in size for sure. I'd imagine they'll release 1 patch next week which will include spartan ops. I just hope it'll also include a shit ton of fixes. Halo 2 respawn bug and H3 crosshair might be a huge turn off to many who'll get it on Christmas.

So I just lost a game of Assault in HCS playlist cause one of my teammates decides to drop the bomb halfway to the other teams base to grab a rocket launcher and gets killed instantly and other team capitalizes on teammates stupidity and plants the bomb at our base for the game winning point smh

Pretty intense game otherwise

I think next week is mostly going consist of Campaign fixes since that's whats most important to casuals and they probably want to make up what they lost through Christmas noobs.

It has an "A" switch and a "B" switch on it. Apparently I found out that the "B" switch is for mobile and the "A" switch is for the boom mic. I switch over to "A" and nothing comes out so I figured that was "mute".

Sounds like the same problem I had. What I discovered was that it's the cord that goes from your headset to your mix amp. I found out because every time I moved the cord in a certain way I could hear people more clearly again. It's the cord that has the mute option on it. I think its called an in-line chat cable, it's like $8. I bought a new one and everything works fine again.

I think everyone forgot about theater, but god is it terrible. Your 12 most recent games or however many it is are in a random order... Why. Can you even save a game? I can't figure out how. 

Yeah, I uploaded a clip last night and I'm not a fan of it. There is also a glitch that happens to me where it will switch to another players 1st person POV when the objective changes like 1 flag for example. I also don't like how you can't make your own description anymore with the clip underneath the title.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm trying to search HCS playlist and the population is dead it took me 10 minutes to even get 5 people.

Then it starts up as  4v2 EXACTLY AS IT LAUNCHED 1 MONTH AGO.

Cannot wait to play Relic and get another 5v4!

This generation has been conditioned to be terrified of failure, because they've been sheltered away from it their whole life.

This generation? Halo 2 had in my experience one of the worst online communities of all time in MM in regards to being terrified of failure. From people bridging host and stand bying to hackers and the usual quitters. It had it all in abundance. Although there is a special space in hell for those players in MCC who quit just as you near 50 kills in CE and are knowingly trolling by doing it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i like the form of the Xbox360 controller a lot more as its thinner in some regions which suits my medium sized hands way better than the Xbox One controller, eg the part where you palm your hands around

i aldo prefer the bigger sticks of the Xbox360 controller

my adjustments were mostly deadzone related, my Xbox360 controller is quite old and slightly worn out on the sticks, the xim4 allows me to adjust the sticks deadzone which was my only adjustment (aside from the custom binding)

i can use my mic straight through the controller btw, there are no compatibiliy issues

If you don't mind me asking, what do you have the deadzone set to for the sticks and what is your custom binding settings?

Playing 2v2 priz with my friend is so frustrating.

He decides it's a great idea to camp back snipe and wait for it to spawn. Keep in mind I have a timer going and have explained the spawn system to him on multiple occasions.

"Dude you need to move"

"I'm waiting for snipe"

Proceed to get melted six times

"You NEED to move"

"They don't know I'm here"

Die four more times

"MOVEEEEE"

He finally decides to drop down and hide in the bottom room

-_-

I try to coach him through the map but he does exactly the opposite of what I say every single time and he wonders why he goes double digit negative every single game. He refuses to listen to the timer, learn nades or spawns. This is every single map but priz is by far the most unforgiving. I guess I should be glad he actually wants to play halo 1 but it is so annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has an "A" switch and a "B" switch on it. Apparently I found out that the "B" switch is for mobile and the "A" switch is for the boom mic. I switch over to "A" and nothing comes out so I figured that was "mute".

I too have a problem with my friends not being able to hear me. I pretty much have to put the mic right in my mouth and shout. Also I get a lot of static when I adjust the volume. I have a 2013 a40 with my mix amp firmware updated.

Played splitscreen H1 in matchmaking for over 6 hours last night with my brother.  He was in town from out of state for the holiday.  We used to play non-stop on XBC back in the day.  I even put on the old music we used to listen to - talk about nostalgia to the max.  Even managed to match up with Naded at almost 2am pacific time...Good times!

10854222_10152964415242813_1215322296877

• Upvote (+1) 3

This generation? Halo 2 had in my experience one of the worst online communities of all time in MM in regards to being terrified of failure. From people bridging host and stand bying to hackers and the usual quitters. It had it all in abundance. Although there is a special space in hell for those players in MCC who quit just as you near 50 kills in CE and are knowingly trolling by doing it.

True. It's just that now games are designed around these people.

I think H2A is a lot of fun. It's actually what I wish h3 would have been.

I wish they would add Ivory Tower, and Midship to the remakes.

Shame, h5 looks like shit

Playing 2v2 priz with my friend is so frustrating.

He decides it's a great idea to camp back snipe and wait for it to spawn. Keep in mind I have a timer going and have explained the spawn system to him on multiple occasions.

"Dude you need to move"

"I'm waiting for snipe"

Proceed to get melted six times

"You NEED to move"

"They don't know I'm here"

Die four more times

"MOVEEEEE"

He finally decides to drop down and hide in the bottom room

-_-

I try to coach him through the map but he does exactly the opposite of what I say every single time and he wonders why he goes double digit negative every single game. He refuses to listen to the timer, learn nades or spawns. This is every single map but priz is by far the most unforgiving. I guess I should be glad he actually wants to play halo 1 but it is so annoying.

Thankfully my roomie is pretty naturally skilled at video games in general but it is funny when he finds me watching videos on H1 tricks I will tell him to watch with me and learn. He always just says "Yeah I'm not doing any of that" and just plays how he wants lol.