CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The sad part is this is how most casuals think in MM

Was in a 2v2 CTF HeH game. Game was super intense and eventually teammate makes first cap, I get close to make second cap, host migration happens then I make cap and teammate goes to enemy base to make final capture one dude on other team quits, while other dude is shooting at us and teammate gets halfway back with flag and other dude leaves

It's sad cause it was a really intense match and they could've turned the game in their favor but they just up and quit

This was the worst in MLG in H3, esp to a 5 cap limit, going down 1-0 and you get a quitter.

But the firefight

It's the most fun I've had co-op halo

Me and my nephew would play for hours on end in Firefight, even to the point where we were in the top 10 on halocharts for some weapon kills haha.

It was actually a challenge on Heroic/Legendary unlike the Reach one that spoon fed you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, is Firefight included? Or is it strictly campaign? 

Campaign only.

If this means it has less of a chance of breaking other things, like Halo CE, then by all means drop it. ODST Campaign should be given a broader metagame tho.

Are you mother fucking kidding me?!?!? They decide to make another map and its fucking relic, not midship. Fuck 343 for good. I fucking hate them.

• Downvote (-1) 2

How are some people THIS bad at CE?  I'm not even good at it and I just had to get 44 (yes, 44) kills to barely win 50-46.  WTF. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

First 2 games/clips, mainly just seeing how xbox clips or whatever work since I just got my xbox today.

xboxdvr.com/xWicked+Swami/b1b64ef2-dbb9-495a-936f-666f9e0dd6c6

xboxdvr.com/xWicked+Swami/869b8c6a-0782-4b3d-a32e-511e850cf307

i know, i suck

also h1 online is freakin sweet, connection is nice but the pistol is easier than expected. Having to carry in a 2v3 is also not nice

pistol isnt supposed to be this easy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I know which is odd. I know the pistol was buffed but not this much, I was expecting a slight difference but I feel its a lot easier.

Does anyone else hate the build quality of the x1 controller?

Maybe it's the nostalgia talking but I remember the S controller to be made of much better plastic.

I agree although, if you play on a shitty p2p connection, its almost like pre patch, which makes it hard. Just the wrong kind of hard, haha!

The pistol is better, but still terribly inconsistent. It takes people that have played this game a lot to be solid game to game. I have some rough games where I just can't figure out the lead and I'd say I'm a mediocre to average CE player depending on if I'm actually using my timer. 

Old people talk for shit that's been happening since games have had multiplayer.  You honestly believe this generation is the first generation to rage quit out of games?

And you don't even know what generation the fucken kids who he was playing were...  Like holy shit where is the logical thinking of this forum lately?

If I based that on only his anecdote, I would be an illogical old curmudgeon, but it's not an isolated incident.  I was speaking to gaming as a whole.  Look at how games have shifted away from a focus on the outcome of the game, and more towards your individual experience.  Winning and losing hasn't had much importance placed on it, because they don't want kids to get upset when they lose, so they distract them with leveling up, getting XP, and completing challenges.  Compare CoD 1-3 to CoD 4-present.  Compare Battlefield 2 to Battlefield 4.  Compare Halo 2 to Halo Reach/4.  Look at Titanfall.  Almost no game anymore wants the audience to notice when they lose, because they can't handle it.  They will quit.  Not just the match.  They will stop playing the whole damn game.

Now a chicken and egg argument could be made about which came first and whether devs or the audience are to blame, but I feel like it's a pretty undeniable trait of 12-18 year-olds today.

Pretty annoying how the 2v2 playlist gives you 3v3 90% of the time. How much longer are we supposed to be sitting here waiting for matchmaking to work properly with ranks and dedicated servers?

Pretty annoying how the 2v2 playlist gives you 3v3 90% of the time. How much longer are we supposed to be sitting here waiting for matchmaking to work properly with ranks and dedicated servers?

It is annoying, but I view 3v3's as a chance to play objective games, which I rarely get to play in CE.  I always vote slayer for 2v2, objective for 3v3.

Dedicated servers are going to blow our fucking minds when they come out though.

Until I tried out the CE playlist just now, I didn't know what this anti-aim thing people were talking about was. Holy fucking hell is that infuriating.

I also got Wizard three times in a row. Wizard. Fuck off.

If I based that on only his anecdote, I would be an illogical old curmudgeon, but it's not an isolated incident.  I was speaking to gaming as a whole.  Look at how games have shifted away from a focus on the outcome of the game, and more towards your individual experience.  Winning and losing hasn't had much importance placed on it, because they don't want kids to get upset when they lose, so they distract them with leveling up, getting XP, and completing challenges.  Compare CoD 1-3 to CoD 4-present.  Compare Battlefield 2 to Battlefield 4.  Compare Halo 2 to Halo Reach/4.  Look at Titanfall.  Almost no game anymore wants the audience to notice when they lose, because they can't handle it.  They will quit.  Not just the match.  They will stop playing the whole damn game.

Now a chicken and egg argument could be made about which came first and whether devs or the audience are to blame, but I feel like it's a pretty undeniable trait of 12-18 year-olds today.

I really wanna disagree with you and all, but unfortunately you are correct. And I don't think it's gonna get any better from here. When I switched from Halo to Starcraft 2, I kept playing because I lost my first 20 games in a row to bronze league players (lowest league in that game) and I seriously thought to myself that coming from being pretty damn good at Halo I would not accept loosing to the worst of the worst in that game. So I kept practicing and practicing and eventually made it to Masters (top 2% of each servers population). As awesome as that experience was to me, SC2 has been in decline and that is largely because people just don't enjoy that kind of experience these days. From my point of view sc2 is a down dumbed version of SC1, but for your average players nowadays, sc2 is just way too hard of a game to play. And I honestly don't think we'll ever see a game like sc2 again.

Kids wanna hear how awesome they are and they are not willing to put in any time to learn/improve. If they don't have fun/feel good about themselves during their first couple games they will just quit. That's why FPS have moved to CoDish games that constantly tell you "fuck yea dude you are the shit holy fuck I can't believe how good you are" and also dumb their mechanics down to a point where it's not that hard to not be awful. I also think that the success of the MOBA genre is largely due to this. You get gold for killing NPCs and that alone makes you feel good about yourself. You are playing multiplayer and you don't even interact with any other player and yet you get the feel of having accomplished something. Throwing in 4 other teammates that you can blame everything on and the fact that even 1 sided games can take 40 minutes make it so that you don't feel bad about loosing anymore.

All of that being said, thank god that publishers have realized that they can make easy money by re-releasing games. I'm not even being sarcastic here. I'd much rather pay another 60 bucks to get an updated version of a really, really good game than deal with all those crappy games that they keep producing nowadays. Most of us are no longer the target audience and even though that sucks and all, at least we are given the chance to replay those old classics from the days when we were the target audience. MCC will be playable online until the Xbox One servers are shut down and as awful as launch was, I'd much rather play those games than waste my time on Titanfall/CoD/battlefield etc. pp.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sometimes when I play CE the game suddenly starts to stutter. I cant describe how it feels but its really annoying. I thinks its got something to do with connection or something because shots wont register and I get hit in cover. On the right bottom of the screen a square with stuff in it starts to flicker also but cant read what it is saying.

Anyone else having this issue or does anyone know what it is?

Sometimes when I play CE the game suddenly starts to stutter. I cant describe how it feels but its really annoying. I thinks its got something to do with connection or something because shots wont register and I get hit in cover. On the right bottom of the screen a square with stuff in it starts to flicker also but cant read what it is saying.

Anyone else having this issue or does anyone know what it is?

I had that error as well. The flickering thing is an image of two computers in a network and the connection between them has an x indicating issues with it.

It comes up if the host is bad or you have issues connecting to host.

Also if it's really bad you can't move anymore. But I have encountered this only once since the last patch... (Didn't stutter either) And I played way more than before so I guess this has been at least partly adressed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think everyone forgot about theater, but god is it terrible. Your 12 most recent games or however many it is are in a random order... Why. Can you even save a game? I can't figure out how. 

Can you even save a game? I can't figure out how. 

Nope you can't. I haven't used theater since checking it out on release day. It's pretty much useless imo. Game DVR is great and all, but it sucks that you can't save full games.

I'm having trouble w/ my new A40s.  If anyone has a decent amount of knowledge on them, can you please PM me if you want to help. 

I'm having trouble w/ my new A40s.  If anyone has a decent amount of knowledge on them, can you please PM me if you want to help. 

Are you using the ones with the m80 mixamp?? if so let me know.