CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So... when's next patch?

I remember hearing that they were looking to release 3 patches between last Monday and Christmas. 1 of them is out so that leaves us with 2 patches for 5ish days. Somehow I think that won't happen. We should get at least one next week though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@AkaDemiK

I agree. It's definitely refreshing to feel so powerful as an individual in this game. Not only from a damage output aspect but also from being able to influence the spawn system in a meaningful way.

yup...and i'm highly amused by some of the posts in here regading the spawn system. It's obviously from players who don't understand how it works or expects it to function like other halo games where you will always spawn away from the area you died in.

for example:

http://www.twitch.tv/akademik_/c/5712440

I would have been raging....hard if that was my teammate giving me those spawns

When this happens, don't say "I don't like the spawns" or "the spawns are weird", instead try to understand why you kept getting spawn raped (teammate hiding in the tunnel forcing you to spawn there over and over again), then you can point the blame at your teammate lol. All the guy in the tunnel had to do was kill himself and they would have both got a random spawn somewhere on the map. You cannot camp/hide in CE and expect the other guy on your team to fend for himself, it won't work...ever. Not only will he get spawn raped, he will also reveal your location on the map because he will always spawn in close proximity of where you are (unless you are standing on a random spawn).

This is not halo 3. Your teammate won't be able to hide in mauler, while you die on needles and get gifted with a spawn in courtyard (away from danger), don't approach CE with this mindset, do your research and learn the spawns.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That guy got royally screwed by his team mate.  You'd think one of them would have realised the problem after the first three spawn kills or so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

umm...only h2a team slayer is ranked right now bro.

Yes, but there is supposed to be a "behind the scenes" skill-based system to ensure matches are created with similarly-skilled players. The results of the screenshotted match are evidence to the contrary, unfortunately.

On a positive note: CE playlist plays very well for me, lots of fun.

Also, Halo 2 seems to have been improved as far as shot registration goes. Like, DRAMATICALLY. Where Halo 2 was pretty much unplayable for me before, now it's not only playable, but it's actually enjoyable. Even SWAT plays really well for it.

I'm glad because CE and 2 were really the only games I had planned on playing for multiplayer, and aside from CE - 3 campaigns & Forging, it's the only reason I bought the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since CE plays pretty good now the only logical thing would be too complain about the skill level of other Halo players playing the playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

M8 i prefer Whopper it actually taste to something.

That big Mac sauce tho

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since CE plays pretty good now the only logical thing would be too complain about the skill level of other Halo players playing the playlist.

not really, it's expected without a proper working rank system at the moment (I don't put any trust in the hidden true skill system). Can't wait for them to turn the playlist to 2v2 with ranks.

Yay I get my xb1 and MCC in a few hours. Any idea how long installing the disc takes? I think if the installation doesn't take too long I should be able to play not too long after getting my copy

• Upvote (+1) 1

You got destroyed in the comments section of the new H5G Beta trailer. It was pretty funny

Link? Sounds too good to pass up, he keeps replying and getting negged to oblivion, I was LOL'ing while drinking coffee this morning.

every time i match casuals i try and crush them as badly as possible

if you arent stomping on throats you arent doing it right

• Upvote (+1) 3

Agreed. You have to lay the blame on the CE fanboys for that though. They started the trend of throwing their toys out the pram and quitting when their preferred gametype doesn't get voted in. If it's ok for them to do it then you can't really have a go at anyone else for doing the same thing.

You and Venomz are competing for top Neg Rep I see. Let the battle commence.

On the real though, I am not even a CE Fan boy but to not play it even once and see the beauty of CE's simplicity in design, yet complexity in meta game leads me to believe you are either a troll or too dumb or biased to deal with. Good day sir!

Yay I get my xb1 and MCC in a few hours. Any idea how long installing the disc takes? I think if the installation doesn't take too long I should be able to play not too long after getting my copy

Luckily, you can download patches while it installs so that speeds it up. One of my mates bought an Xbone + MCC when it came out and I think install + downloading the 15 gb patch took a good 3-4 hours. However, you can play campaign while it installs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ive shit on every single person ive matched with teambeyond.net tag i suppose you guys are better at posting than playing, im not even anything special at h1, step it up boys youre killing halo

Dude you are so cool.

• Upvote (+1) 4

can u not handle the banter

I was being sincere. Did you see my emote with the guy with sunglasses on? Sunglasses are cool.

In the H2 days, was your GT actually just box? I remember my cousin played a lot of FFA customs with good players and he said this guy box(just GT of "box" apparently) was the best player he had ever played against. Maybe you're the same guy :/

that second clip though...

Hahaha that's what happens when I play with Hitzel. I have an explanation but you had to be there to understand the hilarity in that moment. This is what happens when trying to play halo while trying not to pass out from laughing too hard.

That big Mac sauce tho

But the burger and bread does not taste to anything other than plastic ;)

• Downvote (-1) 2

They should sell fries covered in Big Mac sauce.

They do.  It's called fries "Animal Style" at In and Out.