CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Have the spawns always been a little.. screwy in CE? Playing 2v2 on Prisoner I spawned only to be immediately melted three times in a row. Forgive me, I'm new to CE.

In Halo CE where you spawn is mostly controlled by your teammate. If you're getting bad spawns, your teammate either isn't aware of the spawn system or doesn't know how to control it very well. In MM, expect bad spawns most of the time.

Man some of these kids are so fucking stupid one of my team mates kept running out into the open spraying the AR across HEH trying to kill the other team and got melted over and over again that happened tell he died about 25 times and then at the end he finally realizes that's not a good idea and starts using the pistol.

What I would propose would be "forfeit" option that everyone on your team must select to end the game. If you're the last player, you would select forfeit and end the game rather than quit out. There would literally be no "quit" option.

Good idea...

didn't read it properly first time through sorry

Have the spawns always been a little.. screwy in CE? Playing 2v2 on Prisoner I spawned only to be immediately melted three times in a row. Forgive me, I'm new to CE.

Halo CE's spawns have a different formula than later Halos.  Spawns are much more predictable and limited.  Depending who you ask, this is good or bad.  Its good if you and your partner have a working knowledge of how the system works because you can control your teams spawns and equally as important predict where the other team will spawn.  Its bad if you're teaming with a player that does not know the spawn system and proceeds to continually give you bad spawns and never really know where the enemy is coming from.

If you want to learn more about how the spawn system works check out the description at Halospawns.com.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Going 31-2

Score is 49-30

Other team completely quits out...

We wait...

I'm currently on 180 second respawn for spawn camping my teammates with rocket snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Going 31-2

Score is 49-30

We wait...

I'm currently on 180 second respawn for spawn camping my teammates with rocket snipe.

How does the game end if the other team quits out exactly?

I haven't actually encountered that yet does it end after a set period time or something?

Going 31-2

Score is 49-30

We wait...

Why not quit out? I would think they're going to be resetting stats anyways.  And not like the win is that important.

Okay, a couple things....

First off, I fucking love SWAT. Always have. Anybody who says SWAT sucked in H3 because the BR was terrible, Elite's were annoying, and connection played a huge factor, I don't care. The lead you needed to put on the BR was an interesting aspect to SWAT. Elites were part of the game, you can't really blame people for using it. It was in the game, you should be able to use it. I never pulled host in SWAT games. I got a 50 in the playlist with relative ease. Reach SWAT was dope, H4 SWAT was pretty turd. Pretty turd meaning arguably my favorite experiences on the game. 

In my first two games of SWAT on MCC, I acquired some clips to show some silly/annoying/confusing things that have happened to me already. Figured I'd show them. 

Second... How the FUCK is that not a triple kill? Time between the second and third kill was under 2 seconds... (Ignore my accuracy for the first kill)

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/124df730-5653-4798-abff-5ef1147c5063?gamerTag=Ya%20Boy%20Rolex&scid=77290100-225e-4768-9373-98164430a9f8

Third... WHY does H2A take 60 kills to win? When the only games I've gotten so far (since I've been writing this I've found two more), have only been 3v3's, it makes absolutely no sense. It makes no sense anyway..

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/426bfcd0-560f-4031-b05f-5e22b552901a?gamerTag=Ya%20Boy%20Rolex&scid=77290100-225e-4768-9373-98164430a9f8

Fourth... What kind of initial spawn is that? Since uploading the clip, I've noticed that I spawned into the game a couple seconds late. Regardless, that's absurd. I almost pooped myself.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/68077963-0ba8-43c0-ac87-9662a9e7d378?gamerTag=Ya%20Boy%20Rolex&scid=77290100-225e-4768-9373-98164430a9f8

Fifth... How bout that shot registration???  :gandhi:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/fe368245-d4bc-4c7e-b8bb-c91ea8450990?gamerTag=Ya%20Boy%20Rolex&scid=77290100-225e-4768-9373-98164430a9f8

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Take a look at this.  It shows you where teammates and enemies will spawn based on your position.

Basically teammates will spawn near each other, so if your teammate hides in a bad spot you're going to get spawnrekt.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do this as well (I go back and fourth between X1 and 360 controller). I haven't seen much regarding using the 360 controller on X1/MCC competitively versus the X1 controller. What do you feel are the pros/cons of using the 360 controller for MCC versus the X1 controller? Were there any adjustments you had to make in the switch?

i like the form of the Xbox360 controller a lot more as its thinner in some regions which suits my medium sized hands way better than the Xbox One controller, eg the part where you palm your hands around

i aldo prefer the bigger sticks of the Xbox360 controller

my adjustments were mostly deadzone related, my Xbox360 controller is quite old and slightly worn out on the sticks, the xim4 allows me to adjust the sticks deadzone which was my only adjustment (aside from the custom binding)

i can use my mic straight through the controller btw, there are no compatibiliy issues

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why not quit out? I would think they're going to be resetting stats anyways.  And not like the win is that important.

Yep, learned my lesson.

Third game I just quit. I bet the skill matching works but is just turned wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy down to get faster matches.

Anyone want to party up and run the choo choo with me?

Yep, learned my lesson.

Third game I just quit. I bet the skill matching works but is just turned wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy down to get faster matches.

Anyone want to party up and run the choo choo with me?

Im game. GT is RunningRiot4Fun

Just got a message that people in the Xbox preview program are getting the H5 beta tomorrow.

Oh you thought because you've been putting up with the mcc that you get special treatment? Haha no. Fuck you.

343 is just twisting that knife as hard as they can. It's like they want us to hate them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just got Lockout TS with SMG starts for the 17th time, in a row. Seriously people?

you try the CE only playlist yet? You never have to worry about smg starts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you try the CE only playlist yet? You never have to worry about smg starts.

Or playing a terrible game in general.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

that sounds like its working perfectly. 

• Upvote (+1) 4