CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2v2 ranked and 4v4 social would be sweet!

People quitting in the beginning of the game is so annoying. Just because I have OS, camo, and rockets doesn't mean it's impossible to come back. Lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow I thought I was the only one who felt like Camo was kind of worthless. I've been getting shot with camo so often I was starting to question if the game was even registering the fact I had camo.

I think Camo is much easier to see.  Probably because of the [email protected] upgrade that makes everything much, much clearer than the typical [email protected] (480p if you were lucky) which was typically played at split screen so you would half or quarter that resolution.  Not to mention the screens we played on back then were typically much smaller and you were huddled around them with 4 people so you had to sit fairly far away, and people mostly used lossy analog signals that fuzzed out a lot of the detail.  

I also want an option to turn off menu music. It is so fucking annoying. 

I felt the same way for like the first 3-4 weeks. Now I just embrace the music :P

A decent workaround if you are using the headset adapter is to simply put it on max voice while you que and turn game sound up as your game loads.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems like I should be starting my timer as soon as I see the loading screen, as it always seems to be late.  What landmark do you guys that are timing use?

In matchmaking I start the timer as soon as the loading screen starts and it sometimes still ends up ahead by a random amount.  I think it depends on the lag.  

If you use the timer in my sig you can pause it or manually set the time on it to match it up with the game.

That quit penalty is insane. I'm never the first to quit, but I'm not playing 1v4.

Wait, what's the quit penalty?

Coming from a guy who played minimal CE on the PC w/ a 360 controller- it feels pretty effin awesome after the update.

My only gripe right now is matching the same caliber players.

I feel like 3 players are skilled and the other 3 have never played- and most people who never played CE get rolled on real quick. In a blink of an eye its 10-0, the other team has all the power weapons, and you are wondering if you will ever get 1 kill haha. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

CE playlist is full of h4 kids who quit after going down 5-0 in the beginning of the game.

I have to assume this will get better over time, but yes - super annoying. 

I have to assume this will get better over time, but yes - super annoying. 

Or a proper ranking system that will actually separate people of different skill so players won't get stomped on and feel the need to quit.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Or a proper ranking system that will actually separate people of different skill so players won't get stomped on and feel the need to quit.

That exists.... But with the the rankings being reset and not many people being able to rank up due to the updates, the population is not really in their correct ranks yet.  Like someone said... it will be better over time.

I believe you get a warning for your first quit, 15 or 30 minute ban for your second, and it goes up incrementally until you're at one week of ban time. I could be wrong on the exact times but it's pretty close to that. 

But honestly... I don't want that until they get the networking 100% functional. However, if you're booted for 3-4 betrayals in a game then there should be code to ignite your god damn Xbone on fire. 

I'd be a little reticent to impose something that harsh given the current state of the game. Until the game can decipher between an actual quit and a disconnect, I don't see anything like that happening. Even then, people are already willing to pull their Ethernet cable to gain an arbitrary rank in a broken game that will most likely be reset shortly, so...

That exists.... But with the the rankings being reset and not many people being able to rank up due to the updates, the population is not really in their correct ranks yet.  Like someone said... it will be better over time.

Doesn't exist in any other playlist but H2A. All the others are social.

They can try and tell me all they want that it's in the background but it's not. I would get matched with the worst possible people in games weeks after launch. I won't be bothering with MCC until every playlist that was meant to be ranked is change to ranked with working ranks next to your name and the system they promised us before launch is 100% working.

I'm about 20 games in so far, and I'm mostly getting matched with/against people who can hit shots, double melee, and (sometimes) time powerups. Hidden ranking system seems to be doing something, at least.

Ah

The counter strike one that was mentioned on the last page.

Ah, that is a bit harsh. But I understand the frustration with leaving players, I've lost 10 consecutive games because my teammates keep leaving. And now I just can't find games again.

Two idiots vote for dere koth instead of a slayer gametype and then quit out after being down 1:45 without a single second or kill. Why?

What I would propose would be "forfeit" option that everyone on your team must select to end the game. If you're the last player, you would select forfeit and end the game rather than quit out. There would literally be no "quit" option.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That quit penalty is insane. I'm never the first to quit, but I'm not playing 1v4.

im pretty sure its just for the first guy. If not just imagine it is. Not harsh at all

Never been so bored watching H2Anni streams... Ranks need to be fixed for a bit of excitement and more maps ASAP

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A really needs to incorporate static timers. They would make the game so much better. On another note, I'm constantly getting betrayed for power weapons. In ranked. Fucking idiots.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have the spawns always been a little.. screwy in CE? Playing 2v2 on Prisoner I spawned only to be immediately melted three times in a row. Forgive me, I'm new to CE.

In the original Halo 2, you had both death animations and ragdoll physics. But sometimes, when Spartans/Elites die, it would be death animation instead of a ragdoll, and the corpse would never turn into a ragdoll. Is this still in Halo 2 Classic?