CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wow I thought I was the only one who felt like Camo was kind of worthless. I've been getting shot with camo so often I was starting to question if the game was even registering the fact I had camo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played a bunch of great customs earlier then steam rolled a bunch of noobs in the TS playlist.

My list of fixes in order of priority.

1th. Dedicated Servers
2. Fix map fails to load glitch
3. Uneven Teams
4. Rank Exploits
5. Skill Matching
6. H2C Shot Registration (Personal Bias)
7. H2C Respawn Timer gets stuck Glitch
8. Penalty for Quitters.
9. Ranks across all playlists. (Pointless before Rank Exploits are fixed, and Skill Matching Works, and other game breaking bugs)

10.Deafening Lobby Audio Music/Game Chat/Party Chat inconsistency/glitchyness

I'm sure I overlooked something vastly important and will remember and look stupid in the near future.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I also want an option to turn off menu music. It is so fucking annoying. 

Why does it have to be so goddamn loud. I get it, Halo's music is sex but couldn't they just have went with Siege of Madrigal instead of a legacy menu?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Camo sucks in EVERY game right now. It needs a buff across the board.

To me, camo is just something that prevents people from getting auto aim on you rather than something to sneak around with. I just let people miss a shot and then challenge or engage right away if I wasn't spotted from a distance rather than sneak around with it. It's not a very good tool to sneak around with unless you stand still in a corner.

As for CE overall, I never had touched the game before MCC, but I'd say it's up there in terms of what it should be. I'm sure better players to find some inconsistencies like weapon spawns that can't be naded and the forgiving hit reg, but I've been able to transition well into it and dominate people a fair bunch... until I matched Patch, who just by being on the other team, made me aware I still had to work on spawn killing awareness and Damnation meta. I felt like I didn't do too bad, but at the same time, like there's so much left for me to understand about the game. It's fun to see the gap between the different levels of skill though.

I think it's just cool to see one of the best console shooters of all time did end up making it to online. Kind of like if SSB Melee somehow had amazing online out of nowhere.

It does, I played BTB recently and it was a 4SK on the BR.

Not that I'm going to play it, but when did that get added/was it always there? Saw videos testing this a month ago and BR was a 5 shot. Or did I just miss it in some patch notes?

Played a bunch of great customs earlier then steam rolled a bunch of noobs in the TS playlist.

You misspelled "CE".

My two biggest priorities now are getting dedicated servers and a quit penalty. I'd like to think CE players are just there for the love of the game, but it seems like as soon as people start feeling outmatched in the CE playlist, they quit. It's rare to get a game where all of the players stay in the game and it makes it really frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not that I'm going to play it, but when did that get added/was it always there? Saw videos testing this a month ago and BR was a 5 shot. Or did I just miss it in some patch notes?

Custom games is still 5SK for some reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why does it have to be so goddamn loud. I get it, Halo's music is sex but couldn't they just have went with Siege of Madrigal instead of a legacy menu?

They need to make it like Halo reach where once you start searching matchmaking or start the countdown for a custom game the menu music just stops.

Or just give us the option to turn it down

• Upvote (+1) 1

How the heck do you play Team BRs on Lockdown? My team always spawns elbow, so no sniper and sword. And because of radar, it's next to impossible to sneak past enemies and push their side if the map.

How the heck do you play Team BRs on Lockdown? My team always spawns elbow, so no sniper and sword. And because of radar, it's next to impossible to sneak past enemies and push their side if the map.

Kill someone or back half their team down before you jump top mid. Unless you somehow go under glass and nobody sees you which happens 9 out of 10 times in random MM

• Upvote (+1) 1

Custom games is still 5SK for some reason.

Ah ok. I would ask why but any question at this point seems it can be answered with "because 343".

You misspelled "CE".

My two biggest priorities now are getting dedicated servers and a quit penalty. I'd like to think CE players are just there for the love of the game, but it seems like as soon as people start feeling outmatched in the CE playlist, they quit. It's rare to get a game where all of the players stay in the game and it makes it really frustrating.

I would love to see a CS GO style penatly.

I would love to see a CS GO style penatly.

For the uninitiated among us, care to explain the system? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

One quit is like a 30 minute ban, continued quits give you worse penalties.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Need to make that 4v4 h1 playlist happen. Team objective, team snipers, h1 4v4, and team hardcore are the only playlists this game is missing for me.

I believe you get a warning for your first quit, 15 or 30 minute ban for your second, and it goes up incrementally until you're at one week of ban time. I could be wrong on the exact times but it's pretty close to that. 

But honestly... I don't want that until they get the networking 100% functional. However, if you're booted for 3-4 betrayals in a game then there should be code to ignite your god damn Xbone on fire. 

I'm not 100% sure on the numbers, but for the "competitive" playlist (i.e their ranked) if you leave, 30 minute cooldown. If you continue this it goes to something like one hour, 24 hours etc up until one week. I don't play it that often so don't quote me on the exact numbers but it's a very good system imo, punishes quitters a lot more then lose one exp (h3) or 10 minute mming ban (reach).

It might need to be modified for console however, maybe a little less harsh numbers.

Few reasons I say that; On CS:GO you get a warning whilst you're searching that if you quit, you will get a penalty, not sure if 343 would add this if one was implemented, but hopefully. Also matches are a lot longer on CS:GO then on Halo, so if you quit early on CS:GO you're ruining your teams experience for usually 30-45 minutes, whereas Halo you'd be ruining it for 5-15 minutes. I'm not sure if there are host booters/ddosers on Xb1 yet but that would also play a role. An example would be late Halo 3, you or someone on your team got kicked offline fairly often, so they'd have to take that into account.

Either way, there has to be some form on penalty for quitting, I couldn't stand playing doubles in H4 and beating every team like 30-6, then finally get people with like 8.0 k/d ratios quitting in lobby.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Need to make that 4v4 h1 playlist happen. Team objective, team snipers, h1 4v4, and team hardcore are the only playlists this game is missing for me.

I strongly agree. 2v2 CE ranked, 4v4 CE social would be ideal imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CE playlist is full of h4 kids who quit after going down 5-0 in the beginning of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 7