CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I still think spawning and stuff in it is beyond stupid, but I'm happy that it's actually working now for you old guys

You spawn on spawn points closest to your teammates. it requires you to be aware of where you are, and how your teammates are doing. Plus, most of the maps are 3v3 at best so if you're playing 4v4's on maps like Beaver Creek or Wizard, you're going to get fucked. Knowing spawns and knowing setups is key.

Though, I'll be honest, Beaver Creek is a really easy map to setup on. You can theoretically pull off the trap with just two people watching power weapons

Obviously I didn't literally mean kids. You're all old geezers

I'm sure @@Moa didn't actually mean kids back in November when I made that quoted post, either. :D

Since I see some people talking about USB/controller stuff, maybe someone can help me out with something.

I'm looking for some software that would let me use my PC as a USB passthrough for my Xbox One controller. In other words, I want to plug my controller into my PC, then run a USB cable from my PC to my Xbox One. If that's not possible, is it possible to split a USB signal to two destinations using some kind of USB splitter? (searching for USB splitters is obviously just giving me a bunch of USB hubs).

The goal is to record my controller inputs while I test CE's antiaim, so any solution that lets my PC recognize my controller as an Xbox One controller would be ideal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since I see some people talking about USB/controller stuff, maybe someone can help me out with something.

I'm looking for some software that would let me use my PC as a USB passthrough for my Xbox One controller. In other words, I want to plug my controller into my PC, then run a USB cable from my PC to my Xbox One. If that's not possible, is it possible to split a USB signal to two destinations using some kind of USB splitter? (searching for USB splitters is obviously just giving me a bunch of USB hubs).

The goal is to record my controller inputs while I test CE's antiaim, so any solution that lets my PC recognize my controller as an Xbox One controller would be ideal.

YouTube Cronus Max, it may be what you're looking for.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

YouTube Cronus Max, it may be what you're looking for.

I have a Cronus Max (I use it for my PS3 TE Sticks when I play KI and the occasional time I use a 360 controller to play MCC)

The Cronus Max can be used this way (tho the main way it's used is different but this method is supported as well)

I'm tempted to buy a OG Xbox S controller and plug it into the Controller to USB input of the wired 360 controller I have and see if it works on X1/MCC

i can do that with my XIM4, im using a Xbox360 controller for MCC thus the XIM4, and the XIM4 has an app called XIM Commander which allows you to pass any input device from the PC to the console, so your idea would work that way

I have a Cronus Max (I use it for my PS3 TE Sticks when I play KI and the occasional time I use a 360 controller to play MCC)

The Cronus Max can be used this way (tho the main way it's used is different but this method is supported as well)

I'm tempted to buy a OG Xbox S controller and plug it into the Controller to USB input of the wired 360 controller I have and see if it works on X1/MCC

What are you doing about the no headset compatibility issues with the Cronus

i can do that with my XIM4, im using a Xbox360 controller for MCC thus the XIM4, and the XIM4 has an app called XIM Commander which allows you to pass any input device from the PC to the console, so your idea would work that way

I do this as well (I go back and fourth between X1 and 360 controller). I haven't seen much regarding using the 360 controller on X1/MCC competitively versus the X1 controller. What do you feel are the pros/cons of using the 360 controller for MCC versus the X1 controller? Were there any adjustments you had to make in the switch?

What are you doing about the no headset compatibility issues with the Cronus

According to the Cronus Max forums wireless headsets can be used on through optical input and the X1 Kinect can be used as a mic as well.

Shouldn't you be able to simply sign in with another profile on another controller and join a party chat on that one? If you'd use that + a mixamp you could get game audio via optical and chat through the 2nd controller. I do know that it's possible to be signed in with 2 profiles and only have 1 of them in MCC and joining a party with the 2nd controller shouldn't be an issue either.

Chase, I'm interested in your thoughts on the shot registration. It feels "forced" to me; a little off. I'll admit I only got to play a few games last night, but it just didn't feel right to me. 

Shots were registering, but not necessarily ones I'd expect to. As a result, I feel like I'm getting lit up by players who probably aren't aiming how you should typically aim on the OG version. 

It's not broken - but it feels very different to me. 

@@chaosTheory

So I spent probably 3 hours playing MCC last night. Couple 2v2s, a few 3v3s and a lot of 4v4s with some friends in the TS playlist. Only had to quit the build once or twice, which is a huge improvement over the previous weeks, but that is still pretty unacceptable that it has to be done at all.

On the gameplay: worlds of difference. Shots actually hit and did damage! I still had a number of issues but it was playable and that is the important part. It was a lot of fun.

Pros

Shot registration is passable

Fall damage is MUCH more consistent and crouching to cancel the damage is no longer impossible. Great fix.

Fast kill times coming back opens up the flexibility that H1 should have.

It's the closest thing to xbox Halo CE there is now, and it's playable.

Cons

The pistol and sniper are probably a bit too easy now. That said, there was probably not a great way around it. Feels hitscanny. The leading seems to have been dialed back significantly and I got killed quickly by people just shooting for bodyshots a few times. That said, its easy for everyone and Halo sequels have proven that just because its easier doesn't mean its impossible to separate yourself. The faster kill times will make this better and not quite as dependent on team shooting.

Still buggy. I stood on camo for like 8 seconds without picking it up in a wizard game yesterday.

Melee hitbox is still much much bigger than xbox version. Annoying.

Camo still nearly worthless, I had full camo so many times and got shot when I know the person wouldnt have seen me on xbox.

I had fun. It's close but still imperfect, but absolutely playable. It's a shame it didnt launch like this and with a working framework around it. I feel like we lost a scary amount of people in the last 2 months. I personally wanna see a 4v4 playlist added as well. Hopefully the H1 votes in TS will show them that there is demand for it.

All in all, I'm mostly happy! It still isn't near as magical as the original experience, but this is a very satisfying nicotine patch for an old addict.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys! i am looking to run some 2's after i finish watching Gone Girl (fucked up movie btw). i should be on in about 30 and will have a teammate on too. Anyone down to run some customs then?!

Hey guys! i am looking to run some 2's after i finish watching Gone Girl (fucked up movie btw). i should be on in about 30 and will have a teammate on too. Anyone down to run some customs then?!

Not sure if I can play, but I might be able to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

^Gets a 50 when ranks are meaningless, montages only on scrubs, complains about matching "sweaty kids" and getting a competitive game.

Let me point you to the website you are looking for: www.halowaypoint.com

fact 1: you cannot montage on social maps against 50s since the standards are way to high for that.

fact 2: there is nothing competitive about matching sweaties in a 3v4 when you have 2 sergeants in your team.

fact 3: people get 50s because they are bored of playing social with no meaning at all.

Let me point out where you are looking for: www.halowaypoint.com

• Downvote (-1) 4

fact 1: you cannot montage on social maps against 50s since the standards are way to high for that.

fact 2: there is nothing competitive about matching sweaties in a 3v4 when you have 2 sergeants in your team.

fact 3: people get 50s because they are bored of playing social with no meaning at all.

1. You can play Warlord/Shrine/Lockdown the only 3 maps currently used in HCS tourneys in the ranked playlist, don't know where this social maps argument comes from.

2. You can still find even games every now and then, just don't use clips from the 3v4 game. What the hell is a sergeant ha ha?

3. You are bored of playing social aka H1,H2, and H3. Even though H2A has no skill matching, still has uneven teams all for a visible rank that has zero credibility.

Fact: Your logic is bad.

Edit: Meant shrine :)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

#Halo3problems.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are CE kids happy about this update?

First Halo I played was CE but prominently got involved in Halo 2 Multiplayer (Classic) a lot more, in other words I'm no expert in CE's meta but the update sure did wonders. I love being able to register most of my shots even with the supposedly forgiving HPC Pistol; the game is just the definition of fun.

I'm never going to forget this disaster of a launch but we're way past that point, glad progress is being made.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I spent probably 3 hours playing MCC last night. Couple 2v2s, a few 3v3s and a lot of 4v4s with some friends in the TS playlist. Only had to quit the build once or twice, which is a huge improvement over the previous weeks, but that is still pretty unacceptable that it has to be done at all.

On the gameplay: worlds of difference. Shots actually hit and did damage! I still had a number of issues but it was playable and that is the important part. It was a lot of fun.

Pros

Shot registration is passable

Fall damage is MUCH more consistent and crouching to cancel the damage is no longer impossible. Great fix.

Fast kill times coming back opens up the flexibility that H1 should have.

It's the closest thing to xbox Halo CE there is now, and it's playable.

Cons

The pistol and sniper are probably a bit too easy now. That said, there was probably not a great way around it. Feels hitscanny. The leading seems to have been dialed back significantly and I got killed quickly by people just shooting for bodyshots a few times. That said, its easy for everyone and Halo sequels have proven that just because its easier doesn't mean its impossible to separate yourself. The faster kill times will make this better and not quite as dependent on team shooting.

Still buggy. I stood on camo for like 8 seconds without picking it up in a wizard game yesterday.

Melee hitbox is still much much bigger than xbox version. Annoying.

Camo still nearly worthless, I had full camo so many times and got shot when I know the person wouldnt have seen me on xbox.

I had fun. It's close but still imperfect, but absolutely playable. It's a shame it didnt launch like this and with a working framework around it. I feel like we lost a scary amount of people in the last 2 months. I personally wanna see a 4v4 playlist added as well. Hopefully the H1 votes in TS will show them that there is demand for it.

All in all, I'm mostly happy! It still isn't near as magical as the original experience, but this is a very satisfying nicotine patch for an old addict.

Yep, sounds about right to me. I plan to get a bunch of games on tonight if you're around and want to play some 2s. 

So now that the hit registration is as good as it will ever be in CE, what else needs to be worked on? The camo definitely needs to be buffed. I have no idea why they chose to make it shiny?! The camo on CE is hard to see but even more hard to shoot.  I would like them to take away the black screen at the start of the game that slowly goes away. Maybe slow how fast the bullets travel so you have to lead a tiny bit more... not sure if they could do this without fucking the game up. They also need to take a look at the anti aim glitch and see if they can fix it. Would anyone be opposed to them adding an in game timer and scoreboard?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Camo sucks in EVERY game right now. It needs a buff across the board.

Maybe its just me but HCE camo right now feels way stronger than OG Xbox.  At medium to long distances it almost feels almost impossible to see like top blue to rockets/cloaking in HnH.

• Upvote (+1) 1