CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If I could play original H2C with the original Xbox S controller my life would be complete. Double shotting on Xbox one is doable but nothing like the Original S type controller.

Word. I was practicing like 20 mins of double shotting every day for MCC on my OG Xbox and was able to double shot through hole magazines after a while. MCC double shot has felt really weird since day 1 and only recently have I been able to do it consistently again. I think it's a mix of 60 fps + the triggers + the buttons. On OG Xbox it takes way longer for it to register each button press imo.

Since you brought it up, would it be possible to use the original Xbox controller with that device? I have always preferred the S Type controller over everything that came after, and after playing H2 XBC + CE LAN to prepare for MCC I just miss it every day.

I'm not 100% sure, I don't want to say yes in case I'm wrong but it was just as simple as plug the usb wire from the xbox 360 controller into the USB converter then into the xbox one and boom it worked perfect. 

Yes

I played like 10 games last night. It felt a lot better than before, the shots actually hit.

I still think spawning and stuff in it is beyond stupid, but I'm happy that it's actually working now for you old guys

• Downvote (-1) 3

Are CE kids happy about this update?

I'm personally pretty happy. The big things they need to do now is get dedicated servers and fix anti-aim. Games are still somewhat of a crapshot when it comes to connections but certainly better than launch.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not 100% sure, I don't want to say yes in case I'm wrong but it was just as simple as plug the usb wire from the xbox 360 controller into the USB converter then into the xbox one and boom it worked perfect. 

So I'd have to solder myself an adapter from "Xbox" to USB. The OG Xbox controller cable is made up of the same 4 wires as USB + 1 wire which I assume is for rumble. Hmmm...

How much is that adapter?

The halo 3 Reticle movement is busted if you are using an xbox one controller (Which I presume everyone is), I recently purchased a usb device which allows me to use the xbox 360 controller for the xbox one and the reticile movement is working fine now.

I wish the Cronus one would let you use a headset. Did you ever get the time to record some vids with the 360 controller for reference?

I suggest you go into custom games after getting the gametype from recent history and you'll find that's not true. Had a game an hour ago and it's defo no title update. ;)

I did that myself right after the game ended. It was turbo. 

I wish the Cronus one would let you use a headset. Did you ever get the time to record some vids with the 360 controller for reference?

Yeah that is pretty much the only downfall, but I use Astros which I can quite easily plug into my PC and use Skype for chat, the cronus also has no gameplay delay.

If you're interested I'll try and get some posted up.

Also @@L0RCH I'll find out the details on if you can use an orig xbox controller.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah that is pretty much the only downfall, but I use Astros which I can quite easily plug into my PC and use Skype for chat, the cronus also has no gameplay delay.

If you're interested I'll try and get some posted up.

Also @@L0RCH I'll find out the details on if you can use an orig xbox controller.

I am very interested in that if you have the time to make the vids

Are CE kids happy about this update?

Yes.

But... This anti aim bs needs go. I don't know what causes it but I seem to be experiencing it at a higher rate than others... I have an awful connection so maybe that's somehow related. But it's happening every single game multiple times... Frustrating when it happens at crucial times in a match

Thanks mate, appreciate it!

I need to relearn the twinkling stars to aim at in HeH. Launching the sniper from either corner and rockets from Red corner doesn't appear to be the same as it was. Playing against really good players I also miss having a second screen to look out. I got absolutely crushed on CTF Derelict but damn what fun it was. 

I actually haven't had issues with H2A yet, but no one wants to play it

The game actually is silky smooth if your internet is decent. My main gripes with it is that it's impossible to make someone miss shots unless you use cover. People will cross map 4 shot you 9 out of 10 times, noobs will get clean kills, map selection is bland, and the spawn system is just so simple and predictable, the game is always forced into the same scenarios, and everyone is snipedown. A game without a skill gap is just so boring, and it's also frustrating because people who aren't as good think the game is great because they do good in it. It babysits you into doing good.

It's just plain and boring to me. It has the depth of Halo 3 with the shooting skill gap of Halo 4.

The game actually is silky smooth if your internet is decent. My main gripes with it is that it's impossible to make someone miss shots unless you use cover. People will cross map 4 shot you 9 out of 10 times, noobs will get clean kills, map selection is bland, and the spawn system is just so simple and predictable, the game is always forced into the same scenarios, and everyone is snipedown. A game without a skill gap is just so boring, and it's also frustrating because people who aren't as good think the game is great because they do good in it. It babysits you into doing good.

It's just plain and boring to me. It has the depth of Halo 3 with the shooting skill gap of Halo 4.

I'm open NAT, 50 down, 10 up and the past 3 days I've played 20 or so games and I can't get anything under a 5-6 shot. I don't believe 4 shots exist in H2A. I'm located in Southeast U.S.

I'm bored with H2A as well... CE and H2C will continue to hold my attention.

I'm open NAT, 50 down, 10 up and the past 3 days I've played 20 or so games and I can't get anything under a 5-6 shot. I don't believe 4 shots exist in H2A. I'm located in Southeast U.S.

I'm bored with H2A as well... CE and H2C will continue to hold my attention.

Oh right, I forgot the game is still on P2P... scratch the silky smooth part I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here you go, hope it is useful, this is the playlist for my H1 videos. The 2v2 commentaries are probably the most useful.

Thank you! Thanks to Sitri too. Will definitely be checking this out after work.

That second clip was me for 5 minutes. Probably my biggest gripe with CE

And this will happen to people.  Good players also will have a bead on your head the moment you spawn.  That's why you see some players melee off spawn (ducks their head) or crouch to avoid being spawn sniped.  If both teammates don't communicate what is happening or aware of what possible spawns their dead partner will come back at they will be stuck and frustrated.  This is the situation 4v4s run into a lot (specially at Hang'em High red shotty).  Some will not like the game because of it and some will push their knowledge to find out how to get out of that situation.

This is where I hope the community can prevail.  A lot of people posting on trying Halo CE and liking it for the first time.  Start teaming up with others and communicate.  That's where you'll start to develop better skills with Halo CE then just your sniper/pistol shot.

I did that myself right after the game ended. It was turbo. 

Damn I apologize I was so sure it was a 5sk in game. The connection must have been bad then... :/