CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yeah I've noticed its a bit too generous on the 3sk. Not by a ridiculous amount but the pistol definitely still needs a little work.

I think most people realize this, but the general consensus is that it's a lot more fun to hit some shots that sometimes shouldn't land than not hit shots that should have landed even though it's a bit against the skill gap. The game's has become loads of fun instead of pure frustration, and I think that for now, the most important step now is to isolate what causes anti-aim in order to fix it.

So far I've analyzed that it happens the most when your target is moving on the vertical axis, and that it also happens at its strongest when both players are moving. 

I thought it might have something to do with the game trying to help compensate for movement and it sticks your reticle around where you should aim to account for leading, but I haven't had much success at proving that so far. I think the two points above are accurate though.

After playing 2 3v3s in the CE playlist:

Holy fuck it's so much fun to play objective again in CE. It's been like 10 years and on CE PC the most popular objective gametypes were BG Flag and Beaver Creek no shield Hill. Played a game of Damnation King and holy jesus it was soooo much fun. I'm only encountering the anti-aim glitch like once per day, though I'm usually playing with my GF which should increase our chances of getting host (connection is also pretty good), so maybe it can only occur off-host?

I think for now 343 should focus on getting dedis to work, fixing the anti-aim glitch and giving H2C the CE netcode treatment. Also where is my effing hardcore? Like seriously 343 just give me hardcore already.

anyone know if they fixed the game not ending when the entire other team quits in H1?

Nope, it happened to me twice last night.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else feel like H2C plays the worst out off all the games in MCC? H4 aside that is.

I disagree entirely. The shot registration is on point, a shit ton better than Halo 2 Classic right now. The guns are inaccurate as hell but hey, that's Halo 3.

Agreed - just a couple of days ago I got a decent triple kill on Construct BRs where the final kill was a perfect 4sk. At close-medium range the BR was registering nicer than I've ever been fortunate enough to experience on the 360. Got a couple of sniper kills too without any bloodshots. Overall Halo 3 has been the most pleasant surprise of the collection for me in terms of networking changes (although since the CE registration patch that opinion has been wavering!).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of objective, I wonder if they are going to take the team color advantages into consideration when trying to sort out ranking for the playlists.

Anyone else feel like H2C plays the worst out off all the games in MCC? H4 aside that is.

I'm probably one of the biggest H2C fanboys out there. I have been playing that game ever since I bought an Xbox to play it in 04, I even bought Windows Vista to keep playing it after the Xbox population began to disappear and the servers were eventually shut down. I never cared about the down dumbing as I previously played FPS only on the PC so to me shooting was hard as fuck even with the ridiculous amount of aim assists. But even I have to admit that shot registration is pretty garbage atm. Melees are actually working okish for me, but once you start shooting at a decent range and your opponent is strafing shit just becomes awful. I also hate h3 with a burning passion since the day I unpacked my Legendary Edition, but it's hit registration is really really awesome in MCC. I really hope that 343 is able to improve h2c the same way they did with CE. Being able to play H2 over XBL again has been something that I have been looking forward to since CE Anniversary came out and it was clear that some form of h2 would be returning in 2014, but it's heart breaking to play it in it's current state.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To me, H2A is the worst game in the collection.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H2V plays the worst out of them, H4 is the only old game on MCC that plays the way it's supposed to.

I actually haven't had issues with H2A yet, but no one wants to play it

I disagree entirely. The shot registration is on point, a shit ton better than Halo 2 Classic right now. The guns are inaccurate as hell but hey, that's Halo 3.

I dunno, I've played a lot of Halo 3 on 360 and I never felt helpless at any range beyond close like I do on MCC H3.

That said, I guess it could be in part due to the fact that the BRs in H2 and H2A, and the CE Pistol, are much more efficient and amplify how useless the H3 BR feels?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno, I've played a lot of Halo 3 on 360 and I never felt helpless at any range beyond close like I do on MCC H3.

That said, I guess it could be in part due to the fact that the BRs in H2 and H2A, and the CE Pistol, are much more efficient and amplify how useless the H3 BR feels?

Highly likely, that or your just getting some games with shit connections. Dedicated servers can't come soon enough.

I'm probably one of the biggest H2C fanboys out there. I have been playing that game ever since I bought an Xbox to play it in 04, I even bought Windows Vista to keep playing it after the Xbox population began to disappear and the servers were eventually shut down. I never cared about the down dumbing as I previously played FPS only on the PC so to me shooting was hard as fuck even with the ridiculous amount of aim assists. But even I have to admit that shot registration is pretty garbage atm. Melees are actually working okish for me, but once you start shooting at a decent range and your opponent is strafing shit just becomes awful. I also hate h3 with a burning passion since the day I unpacked my Legendary Edition, but it's hit registration is really really awesome in MCC. I really hope that 343 is able to improve h2c the same way they did with CE. Being able to play H2 over XBL again has been something that I have been looking forward to since CE Anniversary came out and it was clear that some form of h2 would be returning in 2014, but it's heart breaking to play it in it's current state.

I am a H2C fan boy as well and believe we have the same sentiments that the CE guys did for the disservice of HCE being a crappy Halo PC port in regards to H2C.

I played tons of H2C back in the day and the game just feels different to me now, I'm assuming that is because of it being Vista. I don't really know the differences between H2V and OG xbox Halo 2 but it definitely is. The most noticable is the mid-long range br fights off host. Pharmassist did a video showing zero registration off host from p2 to car 3 on midship. I can tell you when I play H2C my shots are on point and I randomly 8-10 shot mid range.

In the mean time I have been playing CE, I started my Halo journey at beginning of Halo 2 in 2005 and was never able to LAN CE but I had tons of fun playing it last night. I just currently feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off. I'm looking forward to figuring out CE Meta-game, spawns, tricks, etc.

P.S. The more I play H CE and H2C the more I dislike switching to H2A playing on shitty hosts and 6-7 shotting people with perfect aim.

H2V plays the worst out of them, H4 is the only old game on MCC that plays the way it's supposed to.

I actually haven't had issues with H2A yet, but no one wants to play it

Doesn't H4 not even have the Turbo update?

CE players are the only one's who can't play the game of their choice at any given time. Just that fact alone should be argument enough. I legitimately don't enjoy playing Halo 2, 3 or 4, and I'm not going to waste my time playing those games. I'm quitting out of those games if I'm forced to play them. Given the current state of the playlists, if you want to play Halo 2 or 3 go to those playlists. "Variety" is a bad argument for going into the TS playlist. The playlist selection is bad so everyone should recognize that in order for us all to have fun, players should stick to the playlist that features the game they want to play. TS is the only small-team playlist that features CE, and so for right now everyone should assume that's the CE playlist.

I would rather play Halo CE on the shittiest of shit maps than play Halo 2 or 3.

lol
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Scoping in feels weird in H2C for some reason. I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't feel like OG H2.

Same in Campaign.

Long range off host registration is horrible too... And that resspawn glitch.

H2V smh

No it doesn't. Just played BTB and the BR is 5 shot kill with increased RoF.

It doesnt but it's the only one that doesn't have something fundamentally wrong with it.

CE is broken in like 100 ways

H2 registration is bad

H3 reticle movement is busted.

The one thing H4 can say is that it works how it's supposed to.

It doesnt but it's the only one that doesn't have something fundamentally wrong with it.

H2 registration is bad

Well that's arguable, the majority of players quit Halo 4 because the game was unbalanced and it took them 6 months to a year to patch and fix these unbalanced issues.

Spawning with OP Boltshot, 5 shot BR, overpowered DMR that registers cross map on Ragnarok.. Etc.

Lack of Legendary Slayer option with sort of bare bones halo. (still has sprint, no descope, typical H4)

I don't understand how 343 misses things like these. Why would people want to play the pre-patch version of a game? My only conclusion is maybe it adds additional size to the game? But that is a piss poor excuse.

Last night playing the CE playlist is probably the most fun I've had playing Halo since college when we would LAN Halo at the bowling alley.  I am so happy 343 didn't make us wait a long time after this last update to get the playlist.   The registration felt consistently good.  I am very impressed.  When this thing becomes ranked...  Damn.  It was also fun to get some objective games in, instead of just slayer like on the Team Slayer playlist.  I like 3v3 too.  I just wish you could search as a party of three.  Last night @@xSociety and I found a decent third player who actually communicated properly and wanted to keep playing after the game but we couldn't. :(

They also need to fix game not ending when all players on a team leave.  We were dominating so hard that it was a becoming a problem.  The whole other team would rage quit, and then we would have to quit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It does, I played BTB recently and it was a 4SK on the BR.

H2 registration is bad

The halo 3 Reticle movement is busted if you are using an xbox one controller (Which I presume everyone is), I recently purchased a usb device which allows me to use the xbox 360 controller for the xbox one and the reticile movement is working fine now.

Haven't played any cheaters yet. Only downside is I can only get games late at night for me which means 95% American host (I'm from UK), but I still genuinely have more fun playing Halo 3 on the 360 then Halo 3 on MCC right now because of no MLG settings on MCC, wierd aiming still and no ranks. If they fixed the aiming, put Hardcore back in and made it ranked, I'd never touch 360 H3 again.

I'm just Montaging and Streaming right now there is no other point.

And montaging on sweaty kids is awful i do not match a single casual player,

I mean it makes sense no casual player would wait 30 min for 1 game and keep searching after maps do not load... 4 times in a row.

• Downvote (-1) 8

It does, I played BTB recently and it was a 4SK on the BR.

I suggest you go into custom games after getting the gametype from recent history and you'll find that's not true. Had a game an hour ago and it's defo no title update. ;)

I'm just Montaging and Streaming right now there is no other point.

And montaging on sweaty kids is awful i do not match a single casual player,

I mean it makes sense no casual player would wait 30 min for 1 game and keep searching after maps do not load... 4 times in ^a row.

^Gets a 50 when ranks are meaningless, montages only on scrubs, complains about matching "sweaty kids" and getting a competitive game.

Let me point you to the website you are looking for: www.halowaypoint.com

• Upvote (+1) 6

The halo 3 Reticle movement is busted if you are using an xbox one controller (Which I presume everyone is), I recently purchased a usb device which allows me to use the xbox 360 controller for the xbox one and the reticile movement is working fine now.

Since you brought it up, would it be possible to use the original Xbox controller with that device? I have always preferred the S Type controller over everything that came after, and after playing H2 XBC + CE LAN to prepare for MCC I just miss it every day.

Since you brought it up, would it be possible to use the original Xbox controller with that device? I have always preferred the S Type controller over everything that came after, and after playing H2 XBC + CE LAN to prepare for MCC I just miss it every day.

If I could play original H2C with the original Xbox S controller my life would be complete. Double shotting on Xbox one is doable but nothing like the Original S type controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1