CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Bring on the dedicated servers I say, played a couple of games so far 1 was 2v2 and felt pretty damn crisp the other was 3v3 and had a pretty bad host (felt a bit like playing unpatched).

Can't really complain though, I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this

I have to agree, I'm biting to the nib til the day comes.

This CE High is incredible. <3

Some guy bitching about graphical aspects that do not affect the gameplay in the slightest.

8374_7d2c.gif

Rant Ahead

Why doesn't he bitch about graphics that actually make your experience worse? Armor effects made you an easier target, Bungie should have stopped at Flaming Recon -- Camo is (even more) useless. Halo 4's terribad saturation legitimately hurt my eyes and I would play better in darker maps just cause.

The registration is really just up and down right now. It's better in general, but it can be frustrating from game to game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The playlist isn't even 6 hours old, and Waypoint is already bitching about it being 3v3. They're asking to ditch 2v2, and add in 4v4 Blood Gulch.

Im honestly tired of how big these updates are. I've had to delete a bunch of shit to be able to play halo. So where's my comp for a broken game for over a month I couldn't play and all the excess memory taken on my hard drive? We have blu ray disc now that hold a shit ton of memory.

Got home

turned on box hour later

heart skipped three beats when I saw the playlist

found players within 30 seconds

1. i am beyond awful at this game

2. this is so much fun

only took a thrice damned month to work.

now for the ranks and i'll be mostly okay with this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm waiting until they add dedicated servers before playing CE again. Played a Derelict TS tonight and would put entire clips into people, watch their shields light up the whole time, and not even pop their shields once the entire game. Meanwhile I'm getting 3 shotted across the map. I don't mind getting outplayed, but it's hard to compete in a shooter when your bullets do nothing.

Maybe one of these days they'll figure out how to get their servers working. Until then, it's just false advertising.

The playlist isn't even 6 hours old, and Waypoint is already bitching about it being 3v3. They're asking to ditch 2v2, and add in 4v4 Blood Gulch.

9155%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20su

Wtf is with waypoint seriously

First they complain and get BR starts nerfed and no Team Hardcore to accommodate the nerf

CE players demand a CE playlist so they don't have to play the TS lottery and deal with trolls who intentionally vote bad matches over it and almost 2 months after launch we finally get the CE playlist and leave them to the TS playlist so casual it up with AR/SMG games and now they wanna complain again?

At what point does it end with them? As it stands competitive players have HCS and CE playlists (with Team Hardcore on the way) and the waypoint kids have all the other playlists and still wanna bitch. If they wanna play 4v4 CE go to Team Slayer and Big Team Lag for Blood Gulch. Even then I'm sure they'll get melted by a halfway decent CE player and quit the game early only to go on waypoint to complain further. Point is let the competitive community have the few playlists in the game that cater to them(CE, Team Hardcore, HCS)

343 seems to be listening to the competitive community when it comes to CE for the most part so I hope they don't listen to waypoint on this one. 343 seems to have staff lurking here and on Neogaf (which also agree with us concerning Waypoint and the casuals who post there)

Im honestly tired of how big these updates are. I've had to delete a bunch of shit to be able to play halo. So where's my comp for a broken game for over a month I couldn't play and all the excess memory taken on my hard drive? We have blu ray disc now that hold a shit ton of memory.

The updates aren't increasing the size of the game... it's still 59.1GB. You download the patches and they modify existing code, they don't add to the game. So this comment pretty much makes no sense.

On another note, I don't really know how to play CE in the first place but man, I have no clue what I'm doing on Rat Race.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just played a CE 2v2 and holy fuck this game is hard lmfao. It's really fun but definitely takes more skill than the other halos

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just played a CE 2v2 and holy fuck this game is hard lmfao. It's really fun but definitely takes more skill than the other halos

welcome

• Upvote (+1) 3

Alot of that is because you've never once played the game just saying lol. It wont seem as difficult once you learn the mechanics and play more. 

Thank the Lords we finally have a Halo CE playlist, most fun I've had playing this game without a doubt. The netcode patch really helped, feels way more like OG Xbox now. Anyone else notice a weird anti-auto assist bug, where your reticule pulls away from the player your aiming at? Either way, this playlist is boss. I wish we could get a 2v2 and a 3v3/4v4 playlist.

Is this common occurrence in CE?

xboxdvr.com/Vetoed/2c4e38cf-b1c6-4d4a-bdc4-7077e0577515

it's pretty common on mcc and pc.

happens like 1/5000 games on CE, even on xbc. I haven't looked for videos, but I usually only see it happen when you're trying to block spawns. Like red base corner on HeH. You jump crouch for the random and i guess? the game spawns him under you but there isn't enough space for him to fit so he gets sent off. 

but it happens cuz you both send a msg to the server that you're on the same space, and that can't happen. 

And i was doing that same random i mentioned earlier on mcc, except he did spawn under me and i was crouching on his head... that shouldn't happen

• Upvote (+1) 1