FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just played Lenox in HCE playlist.. won 50-43 on Dammy.. was fun as hell.. loving the new netcode even though its a little bit easier than OG.

50-15 on HH CTF.

I'm patiently awaiting the moment I go 15-50 but I'll take it for now.

A good friend of mine bought the game today even after warning him not to.

So being the friend I am I decided to hop on, We played probably 4 or 5 games in the space of 3 hours.

At one point we could not even find a match for a solid 10 minutes and yes we hard reset. Makes you wonder if the population is dead. 

Other major problems occurred such as us splitting up during search and games crashing.Not to mention the roster is still complete garbage and I can hardly see peoples gamertags in this trash interface. So all in a frustrating night.

The fact you still can't even back out of search with someone and keep the party stable without the spazzing out is just sad.

He is quite a  busy person so for him he could only get on an hour a night most nights most of it will be hard resetting and the game crashing, and if we played Advanced Warfare we could possibly have a game in 30 seconds, I'd be lucky if the roster loads in 30 seconds on MCC.

I've put the game up online for 50 hopefully it sells,I'll feel kind of bad if someone bids knowing it's broken but I can't get a refund.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I've won two H1 1v3's so far. Both games my teammates quit within the first few kills. First game was Wizard and I went 46-7. Second game was Rat Race and I went 44-34 and won the game 50-49. Won a battle with the OS guy for last kill (RunningRiot4Fun if you're here I'm sorry for that :P). Also had to comeback from 43-31 or something like that to clutch it :)

Overall, H1 feels good. Damn good. B)

Am I the only one surprised by the amount of noobs in the CE playlist I thought most of them would avoid it like the plague after stomped on but it seems to have a pretty good population so far.

Also fuck Rat Race the spawns on that map are fucking terrible.

Am I the only one surprised by the amount of noobs in the CE playlist I thought most of them would avoid it like the plague after stomped on but it seems to have a pretty good population so far.

Also fuck Rat Race the spawns on that map are fucking terrible.

Just hide in the tunnels above cloaking or OS and spawn trap your team in the same place all game while going AFK.  Fun times.

Halo 1 and 3 have aged far better than Halo 2.  I really forgot about the massive amounts of aim assist.  I think I just prefer projectile based gameplay more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is that hard to believe? They're arguably two of the best Halo CE players in the world. 

Edit: Could have definitely worded that a little better. I was matched on their team as their random third. Sorry for the confusion =P

I don't wanna commit the sin of blasphemy ! lol

Ok that makes perfect sense i was gonna say there is no way in hell you did that to those guys.

Only had 1 team stay in when I got a 2v2 til the very end.  Will be happy when the game actually ENDS when people back out in H1.  

Maybe you're underestimating the amount of people who have just never had a chance to try out Halo 1.

I've won two H1 1v3's so far. Both games my teammates quit within the first few kills. First game was Wizard and I went 46-7. Second game was Rat Race and I went 44-34 and won the game 50-49. Won a battle with the OS guy for last kill (RunningRiot4Fun if you're here I'm sorry for that :P). Also had to comeback from 43-31 or something like that to clutch it :)

Overall, H1 feels good. Damn good. 

I went 25 and 13 that game, and I think i had a guy on my team that went something along the lines of 6-30. He was purposely feeding at the end :/ I was too lazy to constantly search the tunnels for you on a 22 minute Rat Race lol. GG though!

• Downvote (-1) 1

At a friend's house and we legitimately cannot find a game in the CE playlist. We're in team slayer now and we've been stuck on 7/8 players for several minutes now.

Fix your shit.

Are you from the UK or something I haven't had one game since the patch that was laggy all felt like playing on a good host.

Nope, US. 

I likely just have a higher standard than you do with regards to lag.  I'm mostly a PC gamer and I'll only play FPS games on servers with a sub 40 ms ping and that will still bother me.   Lag from peer to peer hosting is one of the reasons I quit console gaming.  

The game I played today felt like 90 ms ping with occasional packet loss, which IMO isn't even worth playing. It is frustrating as hell when dodging doesn't do anything and you get killed behind walls.   

With dedicated servers in Chicago my ping could easily be under 30 ms which would satisfy me. I played some custom games closer to launch with people within my metro area and it was pretty much as good as playing on a LAN.  It would be awesome if they have some dedicated servers in the Minneapolis area.  

Hopefully once they fix matchmaking they match you up with people nearby so you don't get laggy games, or at least give an option to set that as a preference.  Otherwise matchmaking just won't be worth playing for me.  

I went 25 and 13 that game, and I think i had a guy on my team that went something along the lines of 6-30. He was purposely feeding at the end :/ I was too lazy to constantly search the tunnels for you on a 22 minute Rat Race lol. GG though!

Haha yea I know. GG for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anybody explain me what's the reasoning behind gìving playlists that need few players more room to "Improve Search Times"? How does that make any sense? I mean, I'm pretty positive it's faster to find less players than more...

Less people to match skill with.

Let me guess. Highly competitive playlist.

Too bad 343 is too embarrassed to let its customers see the population counts for each playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bring on the dedicated servers I say, played a couple of games so far 1 was 2v2 and felt pretty damn crisp the other was 3v3 and had a pretty bad host (felt a bit like playing unpatched).

Can't really complain though, I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Missingno has a ton of great videos on nade tricks, spawns, etc. It should be a requirement that every new h1 player watch these, it will drastically improve your game just learning some of the basics he shows off.

Do you have a link to it?  I'm looking at his YouTube and it has 7 pages, and when I click page 7 it then says there's only 4 pages.  Think my Internet is glitchy right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do you have a link to it?  I'm looking at his YouTube and it has 7 pages, and when I click page 7 it then says there's only 4 pages.  Think my Internet is glitchy right now. 

Here you go, hope it is useful, this is the playlist for my H1 videos.  The 2v2 commentaries are probably the most useful.

• Upvote (+1) 4

https://www.youtube.com/user/Glendacunt/videos A lot of his recent videos are spawn breakdowns that are really helpful. His gameplay commentaries are good too; he's good at explaining how and why he does the things he does.