CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

hmm ok but how is getting 6 players faster then getting 4?

Because the time it takes to find 1.5 matches is faster than 2. 

Slayer, Flag and Ball? Very rarely see objective played in CE, has anyone played a game of it yet in the playlist? Is so, how is it?

Slayer, Flag and Ball? Very rarely see objective played in CE, has anyone played a game of it yet in the playlist? Is so, how is it?

I played CTF on BG so far, it was just awesome

everyone in the game actually went for the objective, so my experience might have been better than the regular randoms you are thrown with into the game

the gunskill in CE big maps is dominating over the vehicles which is very very rare among the other Halos (sadly!)

hence my request for a 5v5 CE big maps playlist

• Upvote (+1) 1

hmm ok but how is getting 6 players faster then getting 4?

I think it's more like "We need to get more people in this playlist, once we know it works with a lot of people, we'll drop it down to 2v2".

I absolutely cannot stand 2v2 objective, am I alone in this? 3v3 obj is a lot of fun but there is something about losing that extra player that kills the gameplay in my opinion.

I saw someone arguing about Hang 'Em being a bad 4v4 map earlier, I couldn't comment then but now I want to.

Hang 'Em is an awful 4v4 map.  Someone mentioned "learn randoms."  There are no learning randoms on an XBL 4v4 game where you can't see the other 3 members spawns.  It's very hard to correlate and many times not worth it in a 4v4.  If any players are any good they will wait until one of you spawn red shotguns, and then guess what - you all spawn red the rest of the game.  They will purposely leave one of you alive, usually the one farthest away from the random near bottom blue pistol.  I have had multiple 4v4 Hang 'Em High games end this way ALREADY.  It's not difficult, it's one giant spawn trap and it's horrible, and now that the pistol is easier to use - it's going to happen even more.

I hate being a Debbie Downer about everyone's favorite H1 map, but the map is awful for a lot of gametypes.  I would even say at very high level 2v2 H1, it's the worst map that's still played. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just won a King of the hill game on prisoner with 2 min to 1:59 min, shit is intense. I'm a CE noob and I have to say this game is so much fun, but I hope they add ranks soon. This game is surely the most frustrating if the other team is better than you. It could drive new players away if they get raped every match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I absolutely cannot stand 2v2 objective, am I alone in this? 3v3 obj is a lot of fun but there is something about losing that extra player that kills the gameplay in my opinion.

The only good 2v2 objective is Oddball and King on some maps. Other than that, Objective just isn't as good without 4 or 5 man teams.

You know something awesome? I'm searching with a party of 2, and we're finding games FAST and friends aren't in the other team. Nice!

Now only if I could have teammates that had thumbs and understood CE isn't goddamn scary to pick up on, that'd be real nice.

EDIT: Not saying I'm even a great player, still have a lot to learn around CE, but I've been able to get +15 kills and only carrying teammates on without much help from them. Guests being AFK.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Due to lack of people, we lanned 2v2 h3 (and a bit of h2) every 2-3 months from early 2011 to late 2013 and we played all 11 gametypes (changed the timed from 250 to win to 150 and the ts from 50 to 25, everything else the same). It might be fun on CE, but 2v2 TS over and over again on h3 at least got boring pretty quick.

Not tried CE though, so if you're talking about that specifically I wouldn't know.

One of the worst maps I've ever played. Take off the nostalgia goggles.

I can hear this guy now

"wahhh how do they keep getting sniper, thats sooo cheap!" "woooooow pistol is too strong"

People like you are what dumbed down halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Man now I see why the CE guys prefer 2vs2 the spawns are just awful in anything above that especially on Prisoner the spawns can be terrible I got spawned right in the line of sight of the other team 3 times in a row and instantly melted.  :kappa:

Player 3v3 KoTH on Derelict. Honestly would rather play 4v4 Objectives. I love objective games and they're a lot of fun. They should add reverse tag too, a great game type for H1. TS should be 2v2 (should be a 2v2 playlist imo).

• Upvote (+1) 2

One of the worst maps I've ever played. Take off the nostalgia goggles.

You have no taste in maps with all due respect, that or no care to pick up on using strategies like literally everyone who's ever played CE Online had adapted to.

Hang 'em High is supposed to be a practice and skill intensive map, I knew this even before continuously playing online CE. You're not getting it.

Oddball is fun because you don't have to be actively transporting an objective.

Extraction was also great, but obviously isn't in Halo 1.

You have no taste in maps with all due respect, that or no care to pick up on using strategies like literally everyone who's ever played CE Online had adapted to.

Hang 'em High is supposed to be a practice and skill intensive map, I knew this even before continuously playing online CE. You're not getting it.

heh actually isn't a skill intensive map. the only meta is just always random ur teammate.

its still a fun map tho

Have we talked about the glitch in MCC Halo CE where the game forcibly moves your reticule away from the enemy? Or is that some kind of secret Halo CE glitch that i dont know about that makes the game more skillful?

Have we talked about the glitch in MCC Halo CE where the game forcibly moves your reticule away from the enemy? Or is that some kind of secret Halo CE glitch that i dont know about that makes the game more skillful?

Nah, that's something in MCC. It's incredibly annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 1